SZXT77

On a PC

Now that this game is available on Steam (and the Windows Store for who knows how long... wait, there's a Windows Store?), has anyone tried playing it with a mouse and keyboard? If so, what are your thoughts? 

I actually find the smaller 7v7 games to be quite fun. Low tier gameplay isn't a clusterfk. There's no arty. And you play against people who are.on their phones :^)

I still don't understand why they're making blitz available on pc... and I thought they said that they weren't going to allow pc players to play against mobile users because the differences in capability are too great. 

I wish they'd make WoT available on steam for linux. That'd be REALLY cool.

1 hour ago, Stige said:

What? On Steam????

http://store.steampowered.com/app/444200/

1 hour ago, Cunicularius said:

I still don't understand why they're making blitz available on pc... and I thought they said that they weren't going to allow pc players to play against mobile users because the differences in capability are too great. 

I wish they'd make WoT available on steam for linux. That'd be REALLY cool.

Interestingly enough there is an option in blitz settings to allow matchmaking against only those using the same controls (ie touch vs mouse-keyboard). Linux would be nice ya, but even if they did it'd just be blitz. I don't know where they're headed with this, considering now they're sort of competing with themselves on the PC platform...

1 minute ago, SZXT77 said:

I don't know where they're headed with this, considering now they're sort of competing with themselves on the PC platform...

Its so stupid... there must be some severe lack of communication or direction between departments for them to've gotten Blitz on steam, but not WoT.

I downloaded it on windows store, you are too OP with a mouse and all you do is seal clubbing.

My 2012 laptop runs wot at minimun on 25fps and blitz on 60fps  on high graphics!!!

the number of online users are 12k, the ping is pretty much the same as NA East.

When I run out of premium days on wot, I will go full blitz. Cant wait to get tier 8 and 10 blitz meta and look for a blitz clan

On 10/13/2016 at 5:46 PM, Cunicularius said:

Its so stupid... there must be some severe lack of communication or direction between departments for them to've gotten Blitz on steam, but not WoT.

Alternatively, STEAM hates arty. :doge:

On 10/14/2016 at 0:44 AM, SZXT77 said:

Interestingly enough there is an option in blitz settings to allow matchmaking against only those using the same controls (ie touch vs mouse-keyboard). Linux would be nice ya, but even if they did it'd just be blitz. I don't know where they're headed with this, considering now they're sort of competing with themselves on the PC platform...

Maybe it's an experiment? see if Blitz attracts a wider audience, then if yes, then sunset desktop WoT and migrate HD models and arta? :serb: 

51 minutes ago, nemlengyel said:

Maybe it's an experiment? see if Blitz attracts a wider audience, then if yes, then sunset desktop WoT and migrate HD models and arta? :serb: 

You say that almost jokingly, but it is very possibly a motivation. I read an article by a product manager somewhere that WoT is nearing the end of its product lifespan, and this is quite evident by the increased monetization--more premium tanks, more power creeping, mostly quality of life updates to keep current players happy, and less focus on bringing in new players. It makes sense for WG to be trying out other sources of profit more proactively.

20 minutes ago, SZXT77 said:

You say that almost jokingly, but it is very possibly a motivation. I read an article by a product manager somewhere that WoT is nearing the end of its product lifespan, and this is quite evident by the increased monetization--more premium tanks, more power creeping, mostly quality of life updates to keep current players happy, and less focus on bringing in new players. It makes sense for WG to be trying out other sources of profit more proactively.

ye, that's why I said it's plausible

But not sure if they'd bring arta over into blitz though, in that case then, since that'd basically just make it desktop WoT. I guess they'd improve the graphics though in some way.

Also I recall someone wiser than me once said that the day you see Type 59 in the premium shop is the day you need to uninstall WoT and never touch it again, because it signifies the end, Judgment Day and the Second Coming of SerB.

On 2016. 12. 11. at 6:03 AM, SZXT77 said:

I really fucking hope they keep arty out of this. I pretty much quit WoT, but when I saw the blessing that is no arty in Blitz, I started playing without hesitation.

If they do plan to make this the successor to their current desktop product, they'll have to find a way to cater to the clicker playerbase :)

On 12. 12. 2016 at 9:54 AM, nemlengyel said:

If they do plan to make this the successor to their current desktop product, they'll have to find a way to cater to the clicker playerbase :)

Dunno, arty would be really shit in Blitz imho, the game plays way too fast even with longer reload times etc. Arta would at best get off a shot, or two (if that, I've had matches that ended under two minutes, full of light tanks on either side - arta would just fucking die without even loading the first shot... which is good, of course) and then die to the dominating lights and meds due to how maps are designed. 

There's a few options on how to get arta into Blitz, but imho the chance of either of them happening is very low. A) corridor maps where arta would just sit at the back and rain death down the corridor - not gonna happen because the teams are really small and can at best reasonably control about 25-30% of map, leaving their back open to flanking even with corridorshit maps. B) further slowing down of the game - not gonna happen, it's still primarily a casual game and the playerbase not only is already used to quick matches, but wants them to stay that way, most are mobileshitters who just want to play a quick match or two while commuting to work or while taking a shit. C) make maps bigger - not gonna happen because of two things, first most important one - mobile platforms wouldn't be able to run the game and secondly, good players would dominate even more through vision control etc., meaning the loss of bads, who would be even less capable of doing at least something and thus just abandon to game for shittier, but less good player "infested" russian and chinese clones that have been popping up lately. 

Thanks for the write-up man

I don't think they'd kill desktop WoT overnight though even if Blitz really is the supposed successor - they could always go WoW mode, put it on life support, and continue to make money and sustain the game even with a stagnating playerbase.

2 minutes ago, nemlengyel said:

Thanks for the write-up man

I don't think they'd kill desktop WoT overnight though even if Blitz really is the supposed successor - they could always go WoW mode, put it on life support, and continue to make money and sustain the game even with a stagnating playerbase.

Well, tbh WoT already is pretty much at the same stage of life as WoW, though maybe not as deep into it. All the new premiums, all the powercreep and releasing tank trees that were not supposed to be in the game (Czech and Swedish instead of "European"), along with tanks that they swore two-three years ago would never be in the game because they are too new and would dominate like IS-7 in olden times if not nerfed to shit (Yes, Stridsvagn, I'm looking at you), etc. They'll milk it for a year more, then WoT 2.0 will come, people will shift to that and WG will start to euthanise origo WoT throughout the year with massive cashgrabs, then leave the carcass to rot in the open until majority of active accounts run out of prem time to avoid shitstorms.

By that time, WoT 2.0 will be full blown successor with millions of active accs (most likely, since AW is dead and the Balance 2.0 is very very poor attempt at resurecting it when the game is barely playable for many other reasons such as shit netcode and shit optimization) and they will just quietly bury WoT with some vague promises of re-releasing a remastered version someday.