Jump to content
Cunicularius

So I want to build a PC! :D

Recommended Posts

Finally! I still only almost have about half the money I'd like, but that shouldn't be a problem in a few months.

Trying to put the money down now with this machine, have something solid that'll last a while and be upgrade-able later, though I'd still like it together sooner so I'd prefer to stay around 1.2k.

Want to go AMD on graphics cause fuck nvidia.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($227.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 51.4 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler  ($39.90 @ Newegg) 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste  ($6.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($137.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($71.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($157.30 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 8GB GAMING X Video Card  ($249.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Monitor: Acer G226HQLBbd 21.5" 60Hz Monitor  ($80.98 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard: Rosewill RK-9000V2 BR Wired Standard Keyboard  ($79.88 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1212.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-13 18:28 EDT-0400

What think?

Edited by Cunicularius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty good choice.

Don't like the case because it is cheap as fuck. I suggest you spend a little more on something like a Phanteks Eclipse P400(s), Phanteks Enthoo Pro M or a Fractal Design Define R5.

Way better quality / building experience.

CPU Cooler is good but shitty to install. So you're in for a treat there. Rather buy a Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo / Hyper X for easier installation.

Other than that i don't really like MSI, but that is personal preference, just made some bad experiences in the past but your mileage may vary.

 

Other stuff is well picked in the PC-Hardware compartment. Not commenting on the peripherals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your monitor is pretty small and cheap comparing to your other parts. Always remember that you don´t look at your processor 99.9999% of the time but the monitor.. so that should be the most important part of your PC build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Daezara said:

Pretty good choice.

Don't like the case because it is cheap as fuck. I suggest you spend a little more on something like a Phanteks Eclipse P400(s), Phanteks Enthoo Pro M or a Fractal Design Define R5.

Way better quality / building experience.

CPU Cooler is good but shitty to install. So you're in for a treat there. Rather buy a Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo / Hyper X for easier installation.

Other than that i don't really like MSI, but that is personal preference, just made some bad experiences in the past but your mileage may vary.

Other stuff is well picked.

Yay! :3

I'll look around a bit more then.

I heard that Folter would inevitably recommend be quiet! so I figured I'd go for it. Even if the installation is more involved I don't mind, so long as it works.

Its got decent reviews... I'll bet on varied mileage. 

 

*Wooow, I found this thing: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/tHckcf/fractal-design-case-fdcadefr4blw

s o o o   m i n i m a l i s t ~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Winter is coming you could use some heat :PogChamp:

Nice 2014 meme. Please try to keep up, sunshine.

I'd personally swap the MB for an Asus, just because of their warranty and reliability. I've had one single MB failure in the last 10 years, and Asus had a replacement overnighted to me before I even shipped the bad one back. Worth the extra few bucks, imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shade421 said:

Nice 2014 meme. Please try to keep up, sunshine.

I'd personally swap the MB for an Asus, just because of their warranty and reliability. I've had one single MB failure in the last 10 years, and Asus had a replacement overnighted to me before I even shipped the bad one back. Worth the extra few bucks, imo.

Yeah, right?

Oh, yeah, I already swapped out the motherboard from MSI to an Asus. Their tech has done well in my laptop for the last couple years so I'm more than happy to trust them.

I thought I already posted amended list tho... 6^9

 

*Got the R5!

@TohtoriP I'll think about it, but that's something I want to cheap out on. Maybe I can find a deal for a used one somewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

Honestly a solid build. Might be some things you can get more mileage out of if you look around diligently.

That mouse though. :kjugh:

Like what?

What maus? 6w6 

I've got a G500s, so, I think I'm gud on maes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cunicularius said:

Like what?

What maus? 6w6 

I've got a G500s, so, I think I'm gud on maes.

Bundled with the keyboard there is a mouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cunicularius said:

Like what?

What maus? 6w6 

I've got a G500s, so, I think I'm gud on maes.

On your PCPartPicker it has a maus + keyboard combo. I had a G500s, good maus.

I've upgraded though and now use this: http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g600-mmo-gaming-mouse

Believe it or not, I actually use all those buttons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Daezara said:

Bundled with the keyboard there is a mouse.

Oh... oh, hm, yeah, maybe I'll look at other keyboard while I'm at it. 

Anyone from r/mechanicalkeyboards around to sell me on a mechanical keyboard?

20 minutes ago, Zezti said:

On your PCPartPicker it has a maus + keyboard combo. I had a G500s, good maus.

I've upgraded though and now use this: http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g600-mmo-gaming-mouse

Believe it or not, I actually use all those buttons.

Ha, doesn't surprise me at all, I've imagined the utility of that sort of mouse myself while configuring binds.

 

Did some reading, found this: 

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/RP648d/rosewill-keyboard-rk9000v2br 6w6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might also point out you can probably still find dirt cheap 980s on places like linustechtips for $200-250USD.

Otherwise just stick with what you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

I might also point out you can probably still find dirt cheap 980s on places like linustechtips for $200-250USD.

Otherwise just stick with what you have.

Yeah, someone has already offered me one for the lower bound.

Its kind of tempting, but at the same time I find the idea of a 480 drool worthy for some reason...

And being an 8gb card, it should be more hardened against age for only an extra $50 dollars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TohtoriP said:

Your monitor is pretty small and cheap comparing to your other parts. Always remember that you don´t look at your processor 99.9999% of the time but the monitor.. so that should be the most important part of your PC build.

This, I have a 800$ 27inch IPS panel, is god like. I hardly do any gaming, but I would at minimum recommend some cheap shit IPS panel, since even they have way better image quality than whatever the fuck he has anyway. Fuck I'm running like a ATI 5850 and FX8350 and still getting 100fps max? I think graphics wot, and all my other games I've never had issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Shade421 said:

I'd personally swap the MB for an Asus, just because of their warranty and reliability. I've had one single MB failure in the last 10 years, and Asus had a replacement overnighted to me before I even shipped the bad one back. Worth the extra few bucks, imo.

 
1

I could say quite opposite.

I had 865/875 MBOs that died not a month from purchase, then 939 SLI mbo died too, then P45Q... 

But i still recommend asus if is price right. This is only matter of price and features, if MSI gets better in that range, go for MSI.

Quote

Nice 2014 meme. Please try to keep up, sunshine

1

apply-aloe-vera-to-burned-area_o_6278141

EDIT

@Cunicularius

37748706.jpg

 

6600K, Noctua, 16GB DDR4, GTX1070, 2K screen, and Seasonic 80gold PSU.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/t6Yh9W

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

6600K, Noctua, 16GB DDR4, GTX1070, 2K screen, and Seasonic 80gold PSU.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/t6Yh9W

 

 

Mushkin memory, are you serious? :kjugh:

I can live with the Asrock Mobo, as they stepped up their game quite a bit. But Mushkin is a NoNo.

Other than that you busted his targeted budget by 130$ without including a keyboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Daezara said:

 

Mushkin memory, are you serious? :kjugh:

I can live with the Asrock Mobo, as they stepped up their game quite a bit. But Mushkin is a NoNo.

Other than that you busted his targeted budget by 130$ without including a keyboard.

I don't like make recommend peripherals, it's personal preference.

we can cut some corners to bring price in 1.2k range, but this is miles better than AMD nuclear reactor.

Memory is memory, mushkin, kingston, kingmax same shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

I don't like make recommend peripherals, it's personal preference.

we can cut some corners to bring price in 1.2k range, but this is miles better than AMD nuclear reactor.

 

Just noticed that you didn't include a case aswell.

A 1070 will not fit his budget of 1200$ including a monitor and keyboard. Sure it's better than a RX480, that doesn't mean the RX480 is bad.

With your choice of the Noctua CPU Cooler over the BeQuiet one i can agree. The better Monitor should definitely be considered aswell. The rest is fine as it is imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...