Bullroarerr

Shitters ruin the game

19 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

I'd much rather just see MM learn to count tanks/tiers than worry about skill.  I have a screenshot somewhere of a 9 heavies v 0 heavies battle recently.  That should never happen, it sucked and we knew it was going to suck during the countdown.

I was in a tier 9 battle, one side was down over 3200hp before the battle started. That's more than a Maus in hit points. Hard to get out of that hole.

On 06/12/2016 at 9:23 AM, Archaic_One said:

I'd much rather just see MM learn to count tanks/tiers than worry about skill.  I have a screenshot somewhere of a 9 heavies v 0 heavies battle recently.  That should never happen, it sucked and we knew it was going to suck during the countdown.

I agree, the game is like 5 years old, you'd think by now they would have worked out that if you have 4 top tier heavies and 4 top tier mediums in a match that you should split them evenly between teams, but no, they still put all 4 heavies on one team and the 4 meds on the other.

Sure, in many situations 4 meds could outplay 4 heavies, but this is WoT we are talking about and the meds are just as likely to be 45%ers as anything else and will drive to the designated brawling area of the map and proceed to trade 1 for 1 with the other teams heavies, with entirely predictable results.

But on the original topic, when the game population was healthier I always liked the idea of splitting matchmaker in 2 at whatever the current mid point was for winrate. Really didn't care if it resulted in more or less or the same amount of steamroll games, I just wanted the 45%er camp in base, refuse to participate until the game was lost type shitters to be in games other than mine. Wouldn't have cared if it resulted in my own winrate falling, as long as it made the games somewhat more interesting, but alas the population has fallen to the point where if they couldn't do it back then, they certainly couldn't do it now.

So yeah at this point I'd settle for just getting the tank types somewhat equally distributed.

WG has said they don't want to distribute by types because it would make the games too similar, and I actually agree with that.

the problem is tank weight; in your example some maps the 4 heavies would dominate, and some maps the mediums would dominate.

if they weight tank by role and map then you can still have different challenges with the team composition but it should be offset.

On 11/28/2016 at 9:25 AM, Shifty_101st said:

It would be nice to have a system that balanced out the matches a bit more, but in order to do so you would increase MM wait time.  With a dying NA server and soon to follow EU server this might not be the best idea :( 

Not really, he's just shifting teams within a match already set up by the current mm system, so no added wait time.

I'd really, really like to see this same method applied to some absolute top players. If not for else, then for figuring out how many tomatoes can they compensate for in their teams :)

4 hours ago, erickHV said:

I'd really, really like to see this same method applied to some absolute top players. If not for else, then for figuring out how many tomatoes can they compensate for in their teams :)

The problem is that tomatoes outnumber unicums by an order of magnitude.  Tomato sorting would probably not affect wait times significantly, but unicum sorting probably would. +1 for quality necro

I am looking forward to seeing how the upcoming MM changes will affect wait times and if we will actually get longer or more competitive games.  

3 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

I am looking forward to seeing how the upcoming MM changes will affect wait times and if we will actually get longer or more competitive games.  

The part I really want to see is the "if two bottom tier then top tier" pattern goes live. Knowing you've got a top tier game coming up could have a major effect on tank choice. Swapping in a junk tank every third game could be amusing.