Acumen

If you used to be a real sperger in chat but stopped. How did you do this?

I am finding myself losing the plot at my team these days. I didn't used to but lately I have been and saying some really bad shit. It's weird because there is no way I would say this shit in other games I played. 

Anyway I want to stop and I have slowed it down in the last week or so but I want to just stop it completely. Is it just a case of turning off chat? I would rather keep it on but anyway I would like to hear how you stopped losing the plot at your team mates.

I think part of the problem is I have a lot of time on my hands so I have been able to play a lot of tanks. Maybe to much! Also I have been trying real hard to improve my winrate (I only solo) and it is coming along nicely but the more try I think the more it annoys me that we lose.

I've just come to expect so little from my teammates that there's nothing to sperg about. If they do anything except choke to death on their own saliva it's a miracle, and if not it's just what I expected them to do anyway.

5 hours ago, snoopy10 said:

stop taking the game so seriously

tneksiszrzbznz

that aside, just turn the damn thing off

you still get pings on maps and get the shortcommands and you really don't need chat at all in this game

Sperging in chat generally puts me on tilt later in the session and makes the game generally less enjoyable. I sometimes have urges and usually offset it by blacklisting whoever is the source of my frustration.

Focusing on your own gameplay and the mistakes you make also works.

I never sperged or raged in chat, but I turned it off long ago so I wouldn't have to watch others do it. It's not like pubbies have anything worthwhile to say, so you might as well pretend you're playing with random difficulty bots.

Develop apathy and accept that gamers are one of the worst type of people to exist. 

I noticed that I performed a lot worse with chat on. As soon as I started caring more about optimising my performance and I noticed that I rather lashed out at some idiot instead of trying to get shots in I disabled chat and never looked back.

15 hours ago, neziho said:

I sometimes have urges and usually offset it by blacklisting whoever is the source of my frustration.

I have hit my 1k limit :( ! Early on I started blacklisting anyone who managed to do more than half my hp in an arty shot. Yes I have been nearly 1 shot by arty over 1k times :( #badatartysafe

getting chat banned seems to help

problem is wargaming refuses to perma-chat ban me because obviously rage induced Nazi-ish rants every other game for the last few years isn't grounds for more then a single 24 hour hit...

5 hours ago, Captain_Rex33 said:

getting chat banned seems to help

problem is wargaming refuses to perma-chat ban me because obviously rage induced Nazi-ish rants every other game for the last few years isn't grounds for more then a single 24 hour hit...

What NA admins suchs cowards?

I know of dozens of cases of people who got chatbans for weeks and multiple cases of ~4-5 week chatban, and i know, because ppl sometimes pm me something like: yo im chatbanned till x, wont be online much / other reason / other reason (im commander of clan, so they notify me)

Sent: 03 October 2016 - 10:28 PM

Im chatbanned till 7. November. wtf. D:

In the US nazi is not even 10% of the ``insult`` it is in (large parts of) europe, so perhaps you need to change insults ^^ (imo its amusing so few get chatbanned on NA then, since the US seems, way, more sensitive to insults / swearing and suchs in normal daily life, as europe (kut / shit / verdomme are dead normal words, only a special kind of people frowns upon them)

ps: real swearing / rl rage: