Jump to content
flare_phoenix

Chrysler K - new T8 prem American heavy

Recommended Posts

They don't need to buff the armor, the mobility, or the gun - they just need to make it part of a "FULLY LOADED!" package for $79.99 and wait for the suckers to line up.  Hey, its cheaper than the PZ Hydro, amiright??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A thought occurs.

I see no drivers viewports, so presumably the driver is in the turret. Every other tank like that in the game has a limited traverse arc...

One more reason to never want to play it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, karl0ssus1 said:

A thought occurs.

I see no drivers viewports, so presumably the driver is in the turret. Every other tank like that in the game has a limited traverse arc...

One more reason to never want to play it.

The two are not fully related. See: IRL MBT-70

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stridsvagn 74 said:

The two are not fully related. See: IRL MBT-70

Hence the mention of it being an in game trend. And the images we have dont seem to show signs of a fully rotating drivers position in the turret anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Chrysler K design was intended to make use of the remote driving mechanism tested on the T23 and would see later conceptual use on the MBT-70. Going by the scopes on the turret, it would probably be on the front left quadrant of the turret, and afforded the view from the rotating scope and possibly the loader's side periscopes behind him. 

 

However unlike the Object 416 because it was actually built, Hunnicutt doesn't specify if the turret design was limited in it's traversing ability because of the remote control. Referencing his book on the T20 series, the remote control system was able to handle driving even when walking alongside the vehicle. It's still quite possible WG could give it full traversing range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's on the 9.17 super tests tanks.gg, looks like it's been buffed from those original stats.

Goes 35kph now, has more DPM and frontal armour is 120mm UFP, 152mm LFP, so you get about 200 effective upper and about 190 lower. 

0.35 accuracy as well and has better soft stats on the gun than the T26E5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

215 EFA on UFP and LFP and 20hp/t.... WTF...

 

I wonder what 20hp/t looks like on a 35km/h top speed tank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DHP said:

215 EFA on UFP and LFP and 20hp/t.... WTF...

 

I wonder what 20hp/t looks like on a 35km/h top speed tank. 

Silly and as if the tank desperately wants to go faster but is just not allowed to, because some invisible rubber-band is glued to it. Imagine Chieftain/T95, pre-buff Centurions, the original incarnation of the FV4202 and downhill Black Prince.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best angle you would need 235 - 240 minimum to go through this thing bar the cupola. 

Having 240 penetration plus to get through tier 8 heavies seems to becoming the standard. This, Defender, VK 1001, Liberte and 112 all pretty much at their best angles are around 240 effective aside cupola shots. 

Plus it's pretty agile, will go everywhere at 35kph, has decent dispersion with fast aim time, very good APCR, will be an excellent sidescraper and has decent DPM for 320 alpha. 

Like -6 gun depression and 198 standard pen are about the only weaknesses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6.03.2017 at 3:45 PM, tajj7 said:

Best angle you would need 235 - 240 minimum to go through this thing bar the cupola. 

Having 240 penetration plus to get through tier 8 heavies seems to becoming the standard. This, Defender, VK 1001, Liberte and 112 all pretty much at their best angles are around 240 effective aside cupola shots. 

Plus it's pretty agile, will go everywhere at 35kph, has decent dispersion with fast aim time, very good APCR, will be an excellent sidescraper and has decent DPM for 320 alpha. 

Like -6 gun depression and 198 standard pen are about the only weaknesses. 

198 standard pen is what 170 was some time ago given so many tanks got buffed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That nerd fails to mention it, but the Chrysler K gets even more armor buffs.

Turret front:  228mm → 254mm
Cupola:  89mm → 178mm
UFP:  133mm → 152mm

Looks like WG wants to continue their trend of drowning out tier 8 with tanks that all the old pref MM tanks can't scratch frontally.

Pictures below show the armor against IS-6 APCR.  I think you can guess which is which.

mIppxwk.pngAWoXmor.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh WG ur funny

Liberte: has weak, pretty wasy to hit cupola

Defender: has tiny cupolas but they are still there atleast

Chrysler: no cupola weakspot)))))

Fun fact: Chrysler K cant damage another Chrysler K from front ANYHOW with regular rounds. So loooll yea gl with that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hall0 said:

And the power creep marches on. Oh this poor 175mm pen tanks. 

My poor IS-6 is getting even more powercreeped, I feel sorry for it :feelsbad:
It's okay though, this thing won't stand a chance against my IS-6 2.0 Obj. 252U :serb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fabunil said:

Clearly it is balanced by the fact, that you can easily splash the enginedeck by shooting at the gun with he.

So HE meta is real ?:eww:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...