Which line to grind first?

Which line to grind first?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which line to grind first?

• Obj 140 / T-62-A
    • AMX 50b
    • T110E5
    • B-C 25t

As you might know I recently started playing on this account and I'm wondering which line I should grind first.

It is important for me that the line 

- has good tanks in it (so I have to spend as little free XP as possible)

- has CW/SH suitable tier 8 and 10 vehicles (particularly 10)

Now I have a hard time making my mind up which line to choose and my friends have all recommended something else. Therefore I thought I would ask here.

For me personally it doesn't make a difference I just want to get a good tier 10 quickly and easily.

I didn't quite know where to put this so I put it here. 

The E5 line is solid.

T1 Heavy is meh

M6 is decent

T29 is OP as hell

T32 is good, used in SH

M103 is decent

E5 is... well its E5 so OP.

31 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

MFW people see M103 as 'decent'.
It's arguably one of the best T9s now.

Why? Did HD model buff it drastically? I have been living under a rock so I wouldn't know

1 hour ago, Fulvin said:

Why? Did HD model buff it drastically? I have been living under a rock so I wouldn't know

Hull and Turret actually bounce more things now. Turret is less cheese, Playing against it, i needed to actually aim to pen. 

1 hour ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Hull and Turret actually bounce more things now. Turret is less cheese, Playing against it, i needed to actually aim to pen. 

Armor suddenly doesn't make a meh tank great, but its a decent tank now.

1 hour ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

What I dislike the most about the M103 is that it has less side armour than the T28 Prot. Therefore no side scrapping, not even angling.

Most people have recommended the E5 so I guess I'll be going with that one first and do the russian meds afterwards.

Thank you all for your answers so far :doge: 

6 minutes ago, garryallen said:

Armor suddenly doesn't make a meh tank great, but its a decent tank now.

Just commenting on the changes, never said it was great. 

2 minutes ago, Super_Rybak said:

What I dislike the most about the M103 is that it has less side armour than the T28 Prot. Therefore no side scrapping, not even angling.

Most people have recommended the E5 so I guess I'll be going with that one first and do the russian meds afterwards.

Thank you all for your answers so far :doge: 

It has huge tracks though which absorb all the shots unlike the prot. You just can't shoot when you sidescrape. Angling is not advisable because your hull weakspots from the front are the sides since it has the beak which all high tier american tanks have. really strong from the front and in the middle, weaker lfp as you go to the sides. 

3 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

It has huge tracks though which absorb all the shots unlike the prot. You just can't shoot when you sidescrape. Angling is not advisable because your hull weakspots from the front are the sides since it has the beak which all high tier american tanks have. really strong from the front and in the middle, weaker lfp as you go to the sides. 

All american heavies have it but the M103 is the worst by far. The T29 and T32 actually have quite good side armour and the E5s 76 mm are also sufficient.

1 minute ago, Super_Rybak said:

All american heavies have it but the M103 is the worst by far. The T29 and T32 actually have quite good side armour and the E5s 76 mm are also sufficient.

The only thing you're going to be bouncing usually with those sorts of thicknesses are 90mm guns. It doesn't make too much of a difference except to HE pens. That being said, it all follows the 'point tank directly at enemy' principle anyway of the E5 so its good to get the hang of the hull. 

i guess what I'm trying to say it sidescraping is for baiting shots into your tracks, dont bother exposing most of the time until after they fire because you'd get penned.

16 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

i guess what I'm trying to say it sidescraping is for baiting shots into your tracks, dont bother exposing most of the time until after they fire because you'd get penned.

That works on most tanks tho, and its very hard to get the angle right on the m103, but when it works, I have seen others infuriate people so much :)

The 140/62a get a shit grind apart from tier 5/6, if you go the normal line and the T-54 has a horrible grind before you elite it. But you would get 2/3 CW tanks (the 34-85 is used sometimes). If you want the highest number of CW tanks grind this one going trough the T54lt, but the grind is hard.

The french heavies for what  I know (and see in battle) are crap apart tier 8 and 10. Those are the ones used in CW.

The BC depends if you like light tanks but it has its  share turds (still for some reason i like the 13 75). The BC is used in CW and the 13 90 can see CW usage too, but not as much.

The 113 line is solid from tier 7 and beyond but those tanks have no clan war usage (maybe a bit the 113?)

The E5 line is the best since you get 2 CW (3 if you clan uses the M6 but it has rare usage)  tanks and most of the line is painless to grind since they share many modules. The only problem are the t32 and m103 since for the first you have to grind for the turret (the stock one is shit) and for the 120 mm gun for the latter.

Remember to use the 90mm on the t32 and the 105 on the t29.

The m103 is way better with the e5 gun than the first 120 mm

15 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

The 140/62a get a shit grind apart from tier 5/6, if you go the normal line and the T-54 has a horrible grind before you elite it. But you would get 2/3 CW tanks (the 34-85 is used sometimes). If you want the highest number of CW tanks grind this one going trough the T54lt, but the grind is hard.

The french heavies for what  I know (and see in battle) are crap apart tier 8 and 10. Those are the ones used in CW.

The BC depends if you like light tanks but it has its  share turds (still for some reason i like the 13 75). The BC is used in CW and the 13 90 can see CW usage too, but not as much.

The 113 line is solid from tier 7 and beyond but those tanks have no clan war usage (maybe a bit the 113?)

The E5 line is the best since you get 2 CW (3 if you clan uses the M6 but it has rare usage)  tanks and most of the line is painless to grind since they share many modules. The only problem are the t32 and m103 since for the first you have to grind for the turret (the stock one is shit) and for the 120 mm gun for the latter.

Remember to use the 90mm on the t32 and the 105 on the t29.

The m103 is way better with the e5 gun than the first 120 mm

110 is ok for CW and can be useful in 1v1 but you're right it isn't a first choice. French heavies are mediocre but 8 and 10 are OP.

Why would I want to use the 90 mil on the T32? Because of the dpm? I always played it with the 105 and did very well. Isn't the penetration awful on the 90 mil?

I'll definitely get the E5 gun on the M103 though. Looks similar on paper but really makes sense.

20 minutes ago, Super_Rybak said:

Why would I want to use the 90 mil on the T32? Because of the dpm? I always played it with the 105 and did very well. Isn't the penetration awful on the 90 mil?

Gold pen on 90 mm is better than in 105 (245 vs 258).

1 minute ago, 91manius said:

What about Object 140 through T54 Lightweight line?

That would be my choice, because I like to play lights. MT is quite meh, but LTTB and T-54 ltwt are great.

2 minutes ago, Taze said:

Gold pen on 90 mm is better than in 105 (245 vs 258).

But I don't really want to spam gold o.O 

Just now, 91manius said:

What about Object 140 through T54 Lightweight line?

That's what I meant by Obj 140 / T-62-A. I didn't plan to go through the T-44.

1 minute ago, Super_Rybak said:

But I don't really want to spam gold o.O 

What is this blasphemy? In CW you fire gold anyway, you can use 105 in pubs and SH.

3 minutes ago, Taze said:

What is this blasphemy? In CW you fire gold anyway, you can use 105 in pubs and SH.

Yeah well obviously I'd use the 90 mil for CW but I was thinking about randoms.

19 minutes ago, Super_Rybak said:

Yeah well obviously I'd use the 90 mil for CW but I was thinking about randoms.

Does that imply that 200mm penetration is enough? You'd have to shoot APCR with 105 mm too, don't see what is the big deal.

Other than that, all the lines mentioned are great, it's up to you to figure out which one you want to grind 1st. I'd recommend Bat-chat, I liked that tank, very nice in randoms and pretty useful in CW too.