So, the company I work for gets a lot of email spoofing attacks. How these typically work is by injecting into the header a false "reply to" line. So, if you hit "Reply" you'll be directed to someone like this guy, James **** <ceo19000@gmail.com> but the email will show as being from your companies CEO. 

A specific example from earlier

wQWXBSE.jpg

So, while I work out email policies to fight these within Office 365, Ive decided to have some fun. Specifically, starting out with ceo19000@gmail.com. I will of course update the OP as something happens (if it does). But, I want to waste these guys time as much as possible. Plus, it gives me something to do

P1qaMTu.jpg

Good for you. I read an article a while back about a group of people who do the same to the Nigerian scammers, by engaging them in endless discussion, stringing them along, etc. 

38 minutes ago, Gryphon_ said:

Good for you. I read an article a while back about a group of people who do the same to the Nigerian scammers, by engaging them in endless discussion, stringing them along, etc. 

There's a whole website dedicated to the art of scambaiting. Enjoy. ;)

10 hours ago, Never said:

Oh damn, that takes me back. I posted this in 2013:

Good luck with your new pet!

He'll shit on the carpet and have to be put down. They always do.

The guys who call from Dell are the best... bought a Dell a while back and I get calls from these "Dell IT" guys asking for remote connection to fix a virus. I've managed to string one along for 15 minutes and he finally figured it out and threw a fit. LMAAAAAAO... some things are never meant to be understood.

"Buh Clark... why do you have such a heavy indian accent?" "Hang on, lemme reboot again for the 3rd time."