Sign in to follow this  
leggasiini

E-100 AP pen buff + Faillöwe buff

http://wot-news.com/main/postmsg/214020/40663/3/baf-e-100-na-superteste

Will update when there is link for non rasha sources (TAP or ritard gamer)

E 100:

AP pen goes from 235 -> 246

VK 7201 K "Faillöwe":

Aim time buffed from 3,4 sec to 2,9 sec

Has now same DPM and RoF as E100 (3 RoF and 2250 DPM)

Ammo capacity increased from 24 rounds to 32 rounds

E 100 AP pen buff is cool, though I (and likely many of us) will still use quite alot of HEAT on E100. Having increased AP pen is very nice though since i like to use AP when its possible (overmatch mechanics and doesnt get trolled by tracks as much). As for Faillöwe, cant say much because i have zero experience with it but what i have seen/heard it needed lots of love.

So many tenks being buffed...will the 9.17 be a balance patch? I mean, balance patch among with new tank nation isnt something new (30 tanks got buffed on CZ patch). Now its actually good chance to buff some shitty tanks like Tiger P, Black Prince, AMX 30B and every regular Czech tank below tier 9 (Skoda T25 needs to buffed in the way the MM weight needs to be reduced). And lets hope for E5/TVP/Grille nerfs...

I guess its a reasonable buff the issue is the gun handling with AP rounds is not that great, you expose your turret face aiming to get in a shot compared to doing a quick HEAT fling before re angling, but the over match potential of a 149mm gun cannot be questioned.   

Skoda t25 needs to be buffed? Wait what ? MM weight is bad on it but doesn't that tank overperform ? It was super easy to play and felt broken when I played mine. I know 63 games is a small sample but 1050dpg is a lot for a scrub like me .

1 minute ago, BlackAdder said:

Wy3xGwL.gif

Frontline brawler when every shot must count. HEAT 4 lyfe. 

Also it wasn't a credit sink spamming HEAT compared to the peashooters. :doge: 

Looks like they gave the Faillöwe a pretty big armorbuff:

ViVnG13SCHE.jpg

Un1416wXi94.jpg

Based on the colors the UFP and the LFP both got buffed to 230 or 240mm nominal thickness and the small strip of flatarmor got buffed to 300mm which would make the frontal hull stronger than that of the Type 5 heavy.

20 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

Looks like they gave the Faillöwe a pretty big armorbuff:

ViVnG13SCHE.jpg

Un1416wXi94.jpg

Based on the colors the UFP and the LFP both got buffed to 230 or 240mm nominal thickness and the small strip of flatarmor got buffed to 300mm which would make the frontal hull stronger than that of the Type 5 heavy.

Hoooolyyyy shieet...

So the front is now at worst around ~300 effective?  Tier 10 VK B, anyone?

10 minutes ago, M4A3E8sherman said:

Wow, they actually buffed a reward tank. Did they change their policy of only balancing tanks based on absolute performance, or was the VK7201K so crap that it did poorly in spite of the people playing it?

Or it was just buffed as part of WG's general buffing of hightier superheavies.

246 pen is certainly workable at t10, but with a 16s reload heat still seems to be the way to go. I doubt this will change much about the E100 meta gameplay, except perhaps pubs spamming ap being slightly less useless.

The VK front armor buff is nice, but it won't fix the real frontal weaknesses, which are the "cheeks" under the turret. If you're angling enough in it to bounce with the flat front plate, you're exposing those cheeks. The only reason it ever even has anything resembling good games is because people never see them and that's not a weak spot shared by much of anything. When you run up against someone who has one or knows about them you get torn up pretty fast. I don't think much will change with it.

VK gun handling buff :PogChamp::minglee::awyeah::kreygasm:

Honestly all I've ever wanted was the handling to be buffed on this tank. Everything else is manageable. Ty wg, might finally be able to 3 mark the damn thing 

2 hours ago, Shade421 said:

The VK front armor buff is nice, but it won't fix the real frontal weaknesses, which are the "cheeks" under the turret. If you're angling enough in it to bounce with the flat front plate, you're exposing those cheeks. The only reason it ever even has anything resembling good games is because people never see them and that's not a weak spot shared by much of anything. When you run up against someone who has one or knows about them you get torn up pretty fast. I don't think much will change with it.

With the buff the LFP would get 260-270 EFA against AP-rounds and 270-280 EFA against APCR, most Standard rounds at tier 10 will struggle to penetrate that and you could just go the Idiot Japanese way of "angeling" your armor (i.e only angle against TDs and goldrounds)

9 hours ago, M4A3E8sherman said:

Wow, they actually buffed a reward tank. Did they change their policy of only balancing tanks based on absolute performance, or was the VK7201K so crap that it did poorly in spite of the people playing it?

Buff muh M60 pleeez

I have been waiting so long, this wargamming so fckin clueless give 235 pen AP for 15cm gun E100 VK7201 fail to pen. and they give another 11 pen = 246 pen mostly can pen anything than 235 such failure mechanic pen value.

Then I am done with e100 rules. Wasting credit by spam heat because WG have not decided increasing AP pen value.

7 hours ago, TheLovePanda said:

246 pen is certainly workable at t10, but with a 16s reload heat still seems to be the way to go. I doubt this will change much about the E100 meta gameplay, except perhaps pubs spamming ap being slightly less useless.

No, 250 pen is not workable if you keep buffing armor to insane levels. Penetration of E100 virtually stayed the same. It's not reliable against E5s, new Type 5 and now Faillowe, hell, it's not even reliable against VKB and that's a tier lower. Same crap happened to tier 8, the buffed penetration on mediums some time ago, just to buff IS-3, IS-6 and 112 to impenetrable levels again.

I kinda get where this is going, by buffing armor the essentially nerf gold ammo without people bitching.

36 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

No, 250 pen is not workable if you keep buffing armor to insane levels. Penetration of E100 virtually stayed the same. It's not reliable against E5s, new Type 5 and now Faillowe, hell, it's not even reliable against VKB and that's a tier lower. Same crap happened to tier 8, the buffed penetration on mediums some time ago, just to buff IS-3, IS-6 and 112 to impenetrable levels again.

I kinda get where this is going, by buffing armor the essentially nerf gold ammo without people bitching.

You just listed off some of the most difficult tier 10 tanks to pen in the game, even with gold. My only point was that if I was forced to spam AP in the E100 I would absolutely take 246 over 235. 

Honestly I think if their plan is to nerf gold ammo with armor buffs it's going to have the opposite effect. No one will fire standard ammunition anymore if this keeps up, and pubs will become ever more useless.

57 minutes ago, TheLovePanda said:

You just listed off some of the most difficult tier 10 tanks to pen in the game, even with gold. My only point was that if I was forced to spam AP in the E100 I would absolutely take 246 over 235. 

That is true, but the E100 doesn't have that much map flexibility. Most of the time it fights against tier 10 heavies. The pen buff is a nice thing, but with the recent buffs in mind I don't think it makes a big difference in the ammo usage.

1 hour ago, TheLovePanda said:

Honestly I think if their plan is to nerf gold ammo with armor buffs it's going to have the opposite effect. No one will fire standard ammunition anymore if this keeps up, and pubs will become ever more useless.

^ This, but the thing is majority of the people doesn't fire gold.

The WG thinking is something like: Buff the armor so we kill two birds with one stone. 

1. The heavies survivability is buffed. This way they try to move up the masses of the players from tier 5-6 to higher tiers. higher tiers => less profitable to play => more money spent on premium time/tanks

2. The income of the other tanks is nerfed. => more money spent.

3 hours ago, TheLovePanda said:

Fair enough, but 250 isn't reliable enough to penetrate IS-4 and IS-7 either. Hell, even other E-100 and Maus aren't sure penetration either when flat. And other heavies aren't worth mentioning since they have pretty much penetrable weakspots with AP as it is(paper LFPs of FV and 113 and turret of 50b for example). So again, this buff doesn't make much sense from my perspective.

3 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

Fair enough, but 250 isn't reliable enough to penetrate IS-4 and IS-7 either. Hell, even other E-100 and Maus aren't sure penetration either when flat. And other heavies aren't worth mentioning since they have pretty much penetrable weakspots with AP as it is(paper LFPs of FV and 113 and turret of 50b for example). So again, this buff doesn't make much sense from my perspective.

So the pen used on 113 and IS7 is not reliable?