Sign in to follow this  
leggasiini

E-100 AP pen buff + Faillöwe buff

All that pen buff does is stop you getting trolled with AP shots into say angled sides and stuff, because the in pen roll is higher. Basically like a 10% buff to RNG, you aren't suddenly going to be able to fight other heavies frontally any better with 246, I mean a Maus and E75 don't reliably pen other tier 10 heavies, and IS7 is troll, all 3 of those tanks plus E100 are ones that you commonly see using their premium rounds, more than say E5s or 215bs because they have 258 AP. 

2 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

301 and 340 respectively? 

I mean you can now use AP for T8 and MTs, but you want 750 alpha to count. Only if they bufffffff speed AP will be interesting. 

You know well i have meant AP. It's an AP buff. Those tanks have similar AP pen yet most people don't run as much sprem on them as most ppl do on e100

16 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

You know well i have meant AP. It's an AP buff. Those tanks have similar AP pen yet most people don't run as much sprem on them as most ppl do on e100

I fire AP when I'm cheap, but most of the time I want to make DMG so HEAT/APCR all the way. 

50B - full apcr (because pen speed and lack of armor)

E100 - HEAT / HE (i don't know exact split)

O260 - APCR / HEAT (i love speedy APCR, but this drags my DPG down)

E5 - AP / HEAT (with more HEAT than AP)

I don't have other HTs, but on test i tried APCR215B and it's nice :) 

When i drive MT it's ok 250ish, since i have DPM and mobility to work with, with E100 i want pen that shot before they fuck my flat face. 

3 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

I fire AP when I'm cheap, but most of the time I want to make DMG so HEAT/APCR all the way. 

50B - full apcr (because pen speed and lack of armor)

E100 - HEAT / HE (i don't know exact split)

O260 - APCR / HEAT (i love speedy APCR, but this drags my DPG down)

E5 - AP / HEAT (with more HEAT than AP)

I don't have other HTs, but on test i tried APCR215B and it's nice :) 

This isn't a topic or a forum of what BlackAdder does. Please read my post I have used as a part of my sentence "most people" . You may run mot of your t10s' full sprem but you are in a VERY small minority.

2 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

301 and 340 respectively? 

I mean you can now use AP for T8 and MTs, but you want 750 alpha to count. Only if they bufffffff speed AP will be interesting. 

AP's always been interesting for overmatching. That much raw caliber is good whatever the pen, it gives you more options than a 122 or 128.

19 hours ago, IanSanJR said:

I have been waiting so long, this wargamming so fckin clueless give 235 pen AP for 15cm gun E100 VK7201 fail to pen. and they give another 11 pen = 246 pen mostly can pen anything than 235 such failure mechanic pen value.

Then I am done with e100 rules. Wasting credit by spam heat because WG have not decided increasing AP pen value.

I didn't think this was English at first, so I took the liberty of putting it through google translate. Just to make sure I got it right, I translated from English, to Swahili, to Russian, to French, and finally back to English. Is this what you meant to say?

" I waited for you for a long time, this wargamming fckin Clueless gives 235 AP pen and gun 15cm E100 VK7201 not pen. and they provide 11,246 additional = fountain pen pen You basically anything over 235 of these installations pen moral failure.

Then I did the E100 regulations. The decrease in loans due to the desired temperature because GT has decided to increase the cost of AP pens.
"

-IanSanJR

13 hours ago, hazzgar said:

So the pen used on 113 and IS7 is not reliable?

The IS-7's AP rounds are horrible and a big part of why the tank doesn't perform particularly well for most players. It's probably more of a mistake to fire AP in your IS-7 than AP in your E-100. The 113 gets a pass here because it's more accurate, more mobile, and usually gets to beat up mediums instead. If it was forced to play like an E-100, it would be in the same situation.

Any pen buff is good, but the E-100 will still rely heavily on its HEAT rounds. I agree with Panda that I'd certainly rather have 246 than 235, but at the same time I know how shitty the Type 4/5's AP is despite handling better with 249 pen rounds. The fact that the E-100 will still be worse than that doesn't make me all too excited for a buff. You'll still feel stupid for firing AP rounds.

There's a larger change that needs to be made here, but it's not just for the E-100. Too many tanks in this game suffer from the same "gold or gtfo" attitude that the E-100 first started making popular at the office.

3 hours ago, Rexxie said:

The IS-7's AP rounds are horrible and a big part of why the tank doesn't perform particularly well for most players. It's probably more of a mistake to fire AP in your IS-7 than AP in your E-100. The 113 gets a pass here because it's more accurate, more mobile, and usually gets to beat up mediums instead. If it was forced to play like an E-100, it would be in the same situation.

Any pen buff is good, but the E-100 will still rely heavily on its HEAT rounds. I agree with Panda that I'd certainly rather have 246 than 235, but at the same time I know how shitty the Type 4/5's AP is despite handling better with 249 pen rounds. The fact that the E-100 will still be worse than that doesn't make me all too excited for a buff. You'll still feel stupid for firing AP rounds.

There's a larger change that needs to be made here, but it's not just for the E-100. Too many tanks in this game suffer from the same "gold or gtfo" attitude that the E-100 first started making popular at the office.

Now with this buff, it will be easier for me to super slam you E-100 1v1 HimmelsdorfxXxXx360d3cksh0tsh0wd0wnxXxXx steel cage match, boiii.

On a slightly different topic: with 9.16 the E100s turret face is now an orange pen marker for 330 HEAT, yet im still getting just as many pens as before, i wasnt aware of an E100 turret face buff, did they change it or something?

11 hours ago, Rexxie said:

I agree IS7 is horrible with AP but that's not due to pen but due to the derpy nature of the gun. I just say this buff allows you to carry slighlty less heat. 

I also agree it still shows a design flaw but that won't change wg fast. 

Now the tank will at least be workable for the ppl who refuse to fire big amounts of sprem as enemy weakspots will be penable in many cases where they were not before (a few lfp's come to mind)

3 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

On a slightly different topic: with 9.16 the E100s turret face is now an orange pen marker for 330 HEAT, yet im still getting just as many pens as before, i wasnt aware of an E100 turret face buff, did they change it or something?

The penmarker for 330 heat has always been yellow for the E-100-face since it could technically have a penroll as low as 247.5 vs the 250 nominal turretfront of  the E-100.

All thos 340 HEAT-guns on the other hand will have a green marker instead.

7 hours ago, Fabunil said:

The penmarker for 330 heat has always been yellow for the E-100-face since it could technically have a penroll as low as 247.5 vs the 250 nominal turretfront of  the E-100.

All thos 340 HEAT-guns on the other hand will have a green marker instead.

Huh, I've always had a green pen marker for 330 HEAT - Tier 10 meds etc. Until this patch

1 hour ago, M4A3E8sherman said:

The E100's gold round has 334mm pen though, its lowest penroll should be 250.5mm.

On a slightly different topic: with 9.16 the E100s turret face is now an orange pen marker for 330 HEAT

Heavies that will more regularly use their AP round are 215b, 50b and E5, because it's 258 AP, it's fairly accurate, they have decent handling and generally good DPM (in E5 215b's case) or mobility (in 50bs case) that a bounce is not as costly.

All the 250 AP or below rounds on heavies (aside 113 which as Rexy says is more mobile and generally bullies meds) you will see a lot of players, even average ones use their premium rounds on, so E100, Maus, Type 5 and IS7, they have worst DPM, and worst handling to go with these lower pen AP rounds. 

I'd reckon IS7s on average spam APCR almost as much as E100s spam HEAT. 

I always seem to find IS7s firing APCR, especially against other heavies and I personally carry more APCR in my IS7 than I do AP, AP is for bullying mediums or lower tiers, which the IS7 fairs better at than fighting other heavies IMO. 

Still reckon the majority of E100s will fire HEAT, this change as noted above will probably just make AP E100s more dangerous to lower tier heavies. 

After a little bit of googeling: https://vk.com/wotclue?w=wall-70226354_365233

The dispersionvalues of the VK also get buffed making the VK-gun an exact copy of the E-100 gun plus the entire front minus the 300mm strip will get 240mm nominal armor thus giving the LFP ~270 EFA against AP-rounds, ~275 against APCR and ~280 against HEAT.

Gonna get the VK this campaign for sure now.

E-100 has simply the longest reload of all heavies in tier. 

If you fuck up a round on E5, new one is here in 8 sec (and you aimed all the way with relative impunity, while E-100 does not have that luxury thanks to the HEAT magnet of turret face).

Basically, as long as there are any unspotted tanks not reliably penned by 220+ mm (I count on RNG to fuck me up) on enemy team, you never know what is behind corner. Only is all enemy reasonably armored tanks are killed (or spotted on other side of the map), AP becomes viable round. 

Even the autoloaders have more flexibility, because they are more mobile (and can simply track enemies to fend off pursuit).

1 hour ago, Felicius said:

E-100 has simply the longest reload of all heavies in tier. 

If you fuck up a round on E5, new one is here in 8 sec (and you aimed all the way with relative impunity, while E-100 does not have that luxury thanks to the HEAT magnet of turret face).

Basically, as long as there are any unspotted tanks not reliably penned by 220+ mm (I count on RNG to fuck me up) on enemy team, you never know what is behind corner. Only is all enemy reasonably armored tanks are killed (or spotted on other side of the map), AP becomes viable round. 

Even the autoloaders have more flexibility, because they are more mobile (and can simply track enemies to fend off pursuit).

The buff won't help the wotlabs community but it will with avg shitters who don't know that and don't fire prem. This will also mean e100 will pen you more often even if it still won't be reliable.

1 minute ago, hazzgar said:

The buff won't help the wotlabs community but it will with avg shitters who don't know that and don't fire prem. This will also mean e100 will pen you more often even if it still won't be reliable.

True...but difference is negligible. It helps only vs mediums like 140...and tanks I own either bounce those shells, or I pray for AP instead of HE.

30 minutes ago, Felicius said:

True...but difference is negligible. It helps only vs mediums like 140...and tanks I own either bounce those shells, or I pray for AP instead of HE.

One E100 shot  for mediums, t9 heaviums and t8 heavies is a lot of hp. We will see how noticeable the difference be on the live server. Probably small but some tanks will have to be more cautious against the e100 reds.

1 hour ago, rindorbrot said:

These changes are not in the 9.17 Testserver yet, so maybe this is something they plan for 9.18?

Yes. Coming in 9.18, confirmed in their QAs.

Seems like primary focus of 9.18 is superHTs: Maus and Type 4/5 buffs, faillöwe buff aswell as E100 AP pen buff, and Protomauses at tier 8/9. IIRC 9.18 was said to be not that big patch.