leggasiini

VK 100.01 (P) - Tier 8 German heavy on new Maus line

The tank does have stats on tanks.gg already. However, forget those completely, it has remade stats that have appeared today on supertest.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/10/21/supertest-vk-100-01-p/

6thI4c4NAFY.jpg

Tier: 8 (Heavy)
HP: 1700
Engine: 1200 hp
Mass: 120,45 t
Power-to-weight: 9,96 hp / t
Max speed: 20 / -15 km / h
Hull turning speed: 15 °/s
Turret turning speed: 15,6 °/s
Terrain resistance values: 0,767 / 0,863 / 1,918
View range: 400 m
Radio range: 740,4 m

Hull armor: 200 / 130 / ? mm
Turret armor: 220 / 160 / ? mm

Gun: 12,8 cm Kw.K. L/50

Alpha Damage: 490 / 490 / 630
Penetration: 220 / 250 / 65 mm
Rate Of Fire: 3,681
Damage Per Minute: 1803,5
Reload time: 16,301 s
Accuracy: 0,384
Aiming time: 2,59 s
Depression/Elevation: -8 / +30

(stock) Gun: 10,5 cm Kw.K. L/52

Alpha Damage: 320 / 320 / 420
Penetration: 200 / 244 / 60 mm

Unable to find soft stats (bloom values) atm.

------------------------------------------

This thing looks scary. Just imagine: it sees tier 6s. This thing. Sees cromwells and easy eights. That doesnt sound...right?

- insanely good armor. UFP is 200 (!!!!), so it effectively has as good UFP armor as Maus does expect two tiers lower. Side is respectale 130 with some spaced armor on it. So we have tier 8 tank that has actually very relevant hull armor even against tier 10s. The turret is cheese for tier 10s ofc; its also preangled unlike Mausturm so dont expect angling to do much. Still, its thick enough so IS-3 has only 50/50 chance going through from flattest part of turret cheek with zero angling. Cupola is NOT weakspot btw. LFP is 140 so even that is probably around ~200 effective. Safe to assume that it has pretty much best all around armor of all tier 8s in the game.

- very meaty gun. 220 pen + 490 alpha is very very neat on tier 8 HT. Accuracy + aimtime are not actually even bad, and it has respectable depression values. The DPM is not even bad, let alone for such a high alpha damage.

- HP is nice at 1700.

- What really stood out is retardely high view range. It has same view range as tier 10 Maus. That seems...brutal. Even though it is fat AF it will be able to outspot IS-3s which is hilarous.

I dont know, it seems hella powerful, probably even too OP for tier 8, but hard to say; i remember how anyone thought Type 4 would be broken with thicker front armor than VK B, 600 alpha gun and -10 depression, but it ended up being worst tier 9 (before it got buffed). What is kinda hilarous is that Mauschen barely even improves from this. Its essentially much slower version of this with 27mm more pen, +200 DPM, +500 HP, and 30mm better turret cheeks whole tier higher.

If these stats are going to happen for this thing then plz buff mah O-Ho. Give it 127mm so non-derp lovers has actually solid gun option, and then give it 3 - 5 depression over front, and more health (1800)

Armor:

PJmoALpXCLw.jpg

h1gzCowIQmQ.jpg

XTAa9tyRa0g.jpg

Hey guys, you know what would make this game more better for everyone? More bricks. Make it happen. Let's just make some shit up. Churchill's up to t10 with 300mm armor and 77mm machine guns. Turreted t95 line for US because reasons. Also Japanese need a second O-I line. Just change it slightly and rename it. That will stop people from complaining about prem ammo.

All these HT buffs are more dynamicer than arty.

2 minutes ago, SuperTheBoss said:

Churchill's up to t10 with 300mm armor and 77mm machine guns

lmao

u know

that would be actually hilarous

especially now that i have been playing black prince recently for 3 marks, i wouldnt mind getting "super" BP at tier 10 :serb: 

The T14 historically had 110mm armor instead of 50mm with the same slopes and a 75mm gun. It'd be the perfect premium for WoT 2016: 220mm effective armor, 92 pen AP, the tomatoes could just sit and shoot each other all day having a good old time and no one gets hurt. EVERY ONE GETS BADGES FOR EVERY GAME! Tanks is basically already a daycare center now anyway.

This tank is the most retarded thing they could possibly come up with. This gigantic piece of shit has armor, alpha and great aim time.

Plus it gets super HE to shit on tier 6 and any poor armored bastard who drives in front of it. It gets more or less the same dpm that the IS3 has. 

Whoever thought this thing should be even tested should be fired and have a psycological test done. 

The only hope is that they realize that an is3 will be shit compared to this so ruskie tomatoes will cry to mother Russia to give them back their op shit.

The reason why I am so worried is that the Type 4 faces tier 9 tanks that can pen it since they have great gold rounds. This will be penned only by tds (plus some tier 8 with great gold shell) and only if they hit the turret (and maybe lfp?). 

To be fair, it's incredibly hard to balance a tank that has armor. They are often impenetrable to lower tiers and swiss cheese to high/equal tiers.

That being said, this looks pretty broken. Most tier 7s can't even pen this thing frontally, let alone tier 6s.

I would be okay with that armor, but combined with that gun? No; now looking at it, it seems broken as all hell.

3 options:

- massively nerf 128mm's DPM and gun stats, so it has at maximum ~1,5k DPM and +3 sec aim time, and/or then give it similar terrain resists like Mauschen so its barely faster than T95. If WG really wants to keep boomstick + lol armor, only way to balance it is shit on gun stats and/or mobility. 

- remove 128mm altogether, buff the 105 on it and make it its top gun

- or (imo best option), just nerf shit out of armor and just give it current stats:

http://tanks.gg/wot/tank/vk-10001-p

^i dont know what was wrong with this one. It had solid armor and boomstick. The armor wasnt that AMAZING but it was still pretty good. Think about it: first you have lol alpha but not as impressive armor and HP, tier 9 is mix of alpha, HP and armor, and finally tier 10 focuses more on HP and armor than alpha damage. I dont know why they had to give it almost as good armor as Mauschen, which already has very tough armor for tier 9. And then give it 128mm with actually good gun stats.

2 hours ago, FavreFan4ever said:

To be fair, it's incredibly hard to balance a tank that has armor. They are often impenetrable to lower tiers and swiss cheese to high/equal tiers.

That being said, this looks pretty broken. Most tier 7s can't even pen this thing frontally, let alone tier 6s.

It's not incredibely hard. Just give it weakspots a trier lower tanks can penetrate with standard rounds and 2 triers lower with gold. Make LFP an actual weakspot. WG used to do those things semi right

Looking at the old stats for this, it got buffed a lot.  Armor was massively buffed, engine power was buffed, HP was increased a little by 50, and the view range was buffed by 20m.  The hull and turret do turn a fair bit slower now though

2 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

The T14 historically had 110mm armor instead of 50mm with the same slopes and a 75mm gun. It'd be the perfect premium for WoT 2016: 220mm effective armor, 92 pen AP, the tomatoes could just sit and shoot each other all day having a good old time and no one gets hurt. EVERY ONE GETS BADGES FOR EVERY GAME! Tanks is basically already a daycare center now anyway.

Nope.  The flat part covering the differential and final drive and all that was 4" (102mm), but the sloped part of the front was 2" (51mm) like it is in game.

This thing is far too good, I did like a double take reading it and how to go back to check this actually was a tier 8.

I mean this thing is not far off being E75 armour, on tier 8, with E75 gun and even better gun handling.

Hell with those ground resistances it won't even bet that slow! 

When I wrote that there mauschen was will shit down tomato is-6 players throast, I take it back. This thing will be so much worse for tanks like it and the kv-5. Being in the same tier those premiums will never really escape from the vk100

4 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

This thing is far too good, I did like a double take reading it and how to go back to check this actually was a tier 8.

I mean this thing is not far off being E75 armour, on tier 8, with E75 gun and even better gun handling.

Hell with those ground resistances it won't even bet that slow! 

The hull is actually flat out better than E-75, apart from LFP being little worse due to angle. Hell, the turret isnt much weaker either (30 less on front but rounded more than maus, and has better sides and not as angled so it can angle it slightly).

Its a cash grab.

This has been happening for years... WG introduces a new tank, makes it OP as fuck and rakes in the dollars as people free XP to get it. Bonus points if the tanks before it are complete trash.

WG makes a tank that is OP as top tier and terrible as bottom tier. So they don't put it in to fix the issue.

Now its fixed. WG make tenk OP top tier and OP bottom tier. See? Fixed. 

Did WG balance team actually get replaced like they said? Doesn't fucking look like it. If it did it got worse...

8 hours ago, PityFool said:

Its a cash grab.

This has been happening for years... WG introduces a new tank, makes it OP as fuck and rakes in the dollars as people free XP to get it. Bonus points if the tanks before it are complete trash.

It will branch off of the Tiger (P) which is a fairly common tank already. Not even close to the Tiger I but it's a german heavy so most people will just get more incentive to grind through or just rebuy Tiger (P) again. Hardly think this tank is a cash grab rather than just showing off WGs new form of balance. 

I mean, consider the tanks WGs been releasing lately, barring the japanese heavies everything has been VERY good for the tier. Only a few patches ago came a huge buff rebalance as well. I think they wanted to make the T10 standard a bit better so they can introduce more tanks, and slowly and steadily working down the tiers to fix the balancing of those as well (They said this themselves in the WGNA interviews). Barring the Grille I actually like the newer tanks WG releases. This clearly looks OP and almost an upgrade compared to the Mäuschen once you compare it to T8s, but what if you compared it to the better T8s;

This thing doesn't look OP at all compared to an IS-3, 416 and any TD of the tier besides the worse ones. It will however surpass enough tanks to not get by unnoticed and will probably speed up the T8 rebalance (for better or for worse considering some of the stuff WG thought was balanced). It might make T8 a bit stupid for a while but I don't really care, most people playing this will be XP pinatas like they are in everything else anyway and tier 10 has always, and should be the priority. Currently everyone is holding their breath to see how the new swedish TDs will work in the meta, if it'll suck (then people stop caring) or if it'll break the game. But considering how everything in the game is changing so fast I wouldn't jump to too many conclusions this fast. 

More meaty HTs just means more HP to farm anyway :QBFlip: 

I mean, the Maus is going from a mediocre meme (however still very good in the right hands, just very very few of those right hands) to a legitimate tank with its current suggested buffs. I think it deserves it. E 100 with the derp will still be miles easier to play due to alpha and turret being easier to angle well and with a new AP round buff that will make the round at least useable, but the Maus at least offers something different but just a smaller gun and 300 extra hitpoints now. I don't see how that's an issue in gameplay at all. In fact it's great and this is probably the only cashgrab through the entire line and is probably going to be part of the release of the alternate Maus branch to inflate the popularity. 

More super heavies means more HP for us DPG whores and generally means slower gameplay. It's not going to be super noticeable but slowing this game down (even just a little) is a great way to test the maps out on how they actually work. Paris is bound to get a huge rebalance, but slowing the game down on maps that haven't tried that kind of meta (not a campier one, just a heavier one) like Windstorm, Pilsen and Paris will probably change the way the maps are played and then it's much much easier to see what needs to be worked on. Chokepoints, favourable sides for engagements (I really hope they redo the Swamp flanks since they're one sided from both sides just screaming poor gameplay) and most importantly, what could fix it. 

I personally already have ideas that would solve almost every maps flaws in the game but it's impossible to confirm it. 

It might seem like WGs getting more retarded and catering to retards but this line on its own merit isn't bad for gameplay at all and might just be part of a puzzle in the grand scheme to actually fix the game. Or it might not. I prefer to see it this way simply because this game has been getting better over the last year. Yeah sure, arty still exists and so does XVM and RNG, but all other aspects of the game have been improved a lot (barring the introduction of Paris, Windstorm and Pilsen are actually playable now, on EU atleast, thanks to some meta changes and the newer maps suddenly don't seem that shit anymore). 

I'm just sticking around for the ride right now and seeing where it ends up. I have hope for a better game, and it'll probably be so since almost all of the sandbox ideas already got scrapped (why people assumed this was going into the game the second it appeared on sandbox is beyond me, i'd just be happy they released a somewhat open form of super test where they can pull larger samples instead of just their russian super testers that average 500 WN8 and gets us balance like the IS-6 on release). Fingers crossed.

Seems good, perhaps too much alpha dmg (nerf to 450 or so) and it should be about right, and about ppl who say: but ma cromwell cant penetrate it from the front!

Well, guess what, your fucking tier 6 MEDIUM is also not supposed to fight this thing from the front, same a tier 8 medium should not be able to kill an Maus from the front!! L 2 F PLAY

23 hours ago, Wewum said:

http://tanks.gg/wot/tank/vk-10001-p#tab:model

It has 140mm on the upper plate and 120mm on the lower plate. The cupola is 180mm thick. It has 380m view range. 

On 21.10.2016 at 8:23 PM, leggasiini said:

The tank does have stats on tanks.gg already. However, forget those completely, it has remade stats that have appeared today on supertest.

So yeah... Still, supertest, I wouldn't light those torches just yet.

Are they actively trying to make people stop playing?

I mean, I already have but any chance of me coming back diminishes a little bit more when a tank with"AP=bounce, HEAT=pen" armour is put in.

Big fat slow heavy tank. Feels like it's an indirect buff for skycancer.