Jump to content
leggasiini

Supertest: another tier 8 RU premium heavy... Object 252

Recommended Posts

 

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/10/26/supertest-object-252/

SwTHGr0aMwg.jpg

Tier: 8 (Heavy)
HP: 1500
Engine: 700 hp
Mass: 51.5 t
Power-to-weight: 13.59 hp / t
Max speed: 35 / -14 km / h
Hull turning speed: 26 °/s
Turret turning speed: 25 °/s
Terrain resistance values: 1.151 / 1.438 / 2.205
View range: 350 m
Radio range: 440 m

Hull armor: 90 / 90 / ? mm
Turret armor: 250 / 150 / ? mm

Gun: 122 mm BL-13

Alpha Damage: 390 / 390 / 530
Penetration: 225 / 265 / 68 mm
Rate Of Fire: 4.705 rounds/minute
Damage Per Minute: 1834.8
Reload time: 12.753 s
Accuracy: 0,403
Aiming time: 2,88 s
Depression/Elevation: -5 / +20

 

object_252u_tth.jpg

vgeG-yV3F-c.jpg

LJt4iBVZ3aw.jpg

 

Slower than IS-3 (terrain resist) and has much worse gun handling (looks like IS-6 bad), but it has very sloped armor (UFP could be autobounce angle), but its thinner than IS-3. Side seems to be very trollish; instead of spaced armor it has lol sloping. It has more sloping but thinner armor than IS-6, much worse LFP (its 150 but not that well sloped and its big as hell) tougher turret, and BL-9 instead of D-25T (however, it has very bad gun handling like D-25T; no 0.07 magic dispersion on turret traverse like IS-3)

So, what it very likely is: IS-6 replacement. Similar design and most likely same gameplay and BL-9 instead of D-25T so its suited for full matchmaking. While its "yetanotherboringtier8russkieheavy", it seems imo more interesting than Kirovets-1, which is literally IS-3A with flat UFP and crappier turret.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

How can that gun get 5° depression in that turret? Also, higher RoF. What?

O-Ho says hi :doge: 

The pic isnt 100% accurate (IIRC gun breeches doesnt continue like that), but O-Ho shouldnt have more than -1 or maybe -2 depression because of turret roof.

cLupscu.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh joy, another tier VIII Soviet heavy tank. This brings the total to 9. Jeezus fuckin Christ.

Fun fact, the IS-6's prototype name was Object 252. This seems to be a weird mesh between the IS-3 and IS-6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Altough I would be surprised if it finally happened, this could be the tank to replace the IS-6.

As WG is working in the "new MM" for quite some time, it may be ready. But before that they need tier X LTs and "remove" all those limited MM tanks. I wonder how this will turn out - will you be unable to play IS-6 any more? hard to imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheSovereign said:

Look, I like my glorious Soviet Russia tanks just as much as the next guy, but fuck WG give it a break already. You were on a roll with the Mutz and Skorpion, just keep on that path of actually somewhat unique tanks instead of copy pasta.

Unique? I found the 59 Patton pretty unique...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This didn't use to bother me, but the amount of time wg has wasted on pointless redundant shit like this is getting infuriating. I'd honestly rather they spend their time in a Chinese TD line than this.

if they need to replace the is-6 so badly they have the Kirovets for that. They also could have used the is-3a or is-5. But no, we have to have 9 of these fucking things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just not needed, weird they seem to be very focused on tier 8 heavy premiums recently - T26E5 'Patriot', AMX M4 49 'Liberte', that ugly Chrysler thing, this, the Kirovets-1. Sumua SM, and the KV-4 Kreslavsky. 

You are going to go from currently 4 (Lowe, T34, IS6, FCM) available tier 8 premium heavies with 1 occasional (KV-5) (+2 CW Rewards)

To potentially adding another 5 (and further obsoleting the Lowe and T34) and that would put it up to 17 tier 8 premium/reward heavy tanks in the game files, compared to just 9 regulars.

There are also 16 I think tier 8 premium mediums in the files as well.

Compared to just 5 TDs, and really that is just 3 since the ISU-130 is unavailable to normal people and the JT88 isn't on sale. 

That is a hell a lot of tier 8 premiums, obviously not worried about saturation 

Though at least one of these recent ones is surely a CW reward idea and one might be a PM reward. 

It would be cool if they made like a premium T-10, a more heavium Soviet tier 8 premium, that went like 50kph or something but without as good hull armour, at least that would be different, you are essentially just making yet another IS3/IS6 here.

That UFP makes it look like the 110 to me. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tupinambis said:

This didn't use to bother me, but the amount of time wg has wasted on pointless redundant shit like this is getting infuriating. I'd honestly rather they spend their time in a Chinese TD line than this.

if they need to replace the is-6 so badly they have the Kirovets for that. They also could have used the is-3a or is-5. But no, we have to have 9 of these fucking things

No for IS-3A, its (worse) clone of IS-3 with higher RoF, so it makes sense that its rare prem that pops up sometimes, not a regular tier 8 prem. However, i guess Kirovets-1 would have been good replacement. I mean, its very similar to IS-3, but it has gimmick (non-pike nose armor so you can freely angle it) that IS-3 doesnt have, so its perfect for tier 8 premium. I think that reason why WG havent implemented it as IS-6 replacement is that this thing has probably been recendly found from archives. I mean, it should be similar to IS-6 that is prepared for full MM with BL-9 instead of D-25T. So it makes perfectly sense this being the IS-6 replacement; playstyle stays, but pref MM goes. 

Chinese (and Japanese) TDs would be cool. Its not impossible though that both of those are planned for next year. WG said that new tank lines keeps masses interested in this game (the peak of the population was in 2013 when new tank lines were spammed on every patch). I also think that in recent QAs one of devs said that atleast Jap TD line is in theory ready and would be implemented to game already.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OH BOY, this will make me play more WoT than couple of battles per month for sure!!!! yea, they can shove that RU turd up their soviet asses....it's easier to just c/p tanks instead of actually fixing the damn game like doing something about arty faggots for once

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

It would be cool if they made like a premium T-10, a more heavium Soviet tier 8 premium, that went like 50kph or something but without as good hull armour

 

That's an IS-5. Sadly not available to ordinary plebs, CW only.

But yeah, a lot of premiums, some even fit in a tech tree. Complete waste of resources, would be better invested in keeping the paying player base - actually playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

How can that gun get 5° depression in that turret? Also, higher RoF than IS3. What?

Well the in game IS-6 was actually designed to have -3, but it gets -6 for playability reasons. This trend is done to many Soviet vehicles in game, but only relatively recently permitted to the Chinese counterparts as well

3 hours ago, leggasiini said:

O-Ho says hi :doge: 

The pic isnt 100% accurate (IIRC gun breeches doesnt continue like that), but O-Ho shouldnt have more than -1 or maybe -2 depression because of turret roof

Daigensui actually responded to that claim on the NA forums, basically the 15cm has no breech so it can get away with crazier angles than one would normally expect

3 hours ago, ZXrage said:

Fun fact, the IS-6's prototype name was Object 252. This seems to be a weird mesh between the IS-3 and IS-6.

Our IS-6 is the Object 252 that was built, this Object 252 is one of the preliminary designs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

That's an IS-5. Sadly not available to ordinary plebs, CW only.

But yeah, a lot of premiums, some even fit in a tech tree. Complete waste of resources, would be better invested in keeping the paying player base - actually playing.

Is5 is just a stock t-10 (hull is exactly the same and turret is the stock one on t-10) with the is3a gun (improved version of the D-25T) and a slightly better MM.. the tank is nothing great but it's fun to bully plebs who didn't get it :serb:

If only they left the is3a in the shop or available for gold they wouldn't have to design another c/p clone, which probably will be another CW/event reward..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next premium should literally just be a PZ IC on its side duct taped on top of an A-20. "ALL NEW PZ I-20, GET YOURS IN THE GIFT SHOP TODAY! CASH ONLY, YOU ADDICTED MOTHER FUCKERS!" The Pz I-20 is really... something... unique. -some E-sport player you've never heard of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Super_Rybak said:

Unique? I found the 59 Patton pretty unique...

The 59 Patton was a cash grab at having something with "59" in the name but without having the best part of the 59. Its rather meh in every other respect.

 

I'm more talking about the heap of copypasta tanks like the Panther 8.8, IS3A, Kirovets-1, IS-5, Obj 252 now, Rudy, Bromwell, IS-2 (From the quartet), KV-122, VK 6501, vk 4503, etc which are essentially exact clones with minor differences.

 

And while I love my Rudy and Bromwell, it doesn't make them any less of easy money for WG.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Legiondude said:

Our IS-6 is the Object 252 that was built, this Object 252 is one of the preliminary designs

funny i thought it was related to the IS-4 development and also am i the only one not bothered by this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheSovereign said:

The 59 Patton was a cash grab at having something with "59" in the name but without having the best part of the 59. Its rather meh in every other respect.

 

I'm more talking about the heap of copypasta tanks like the Panther 8.8, IS3A, Kirovets-1, IS-5, Obj 252 now, Rudy, Bromwell, IS-2 (From the quartet), KV-122, VK 6501, vk 4503, etc which are essentially exact clones with minor differences.

 

And while I love my Rudy and Bromwell, it doesn't make them any less of easy money for WG.

 

If you look at it like that all tanks in the game are very similar. The VK 4502 A is similar to a King Tiger, the IS-4 is similar to the IS-7.

Don't expect Russian tank designers to suddenly come up with a completely different design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...