bjshnog

Free experience to burn; where should I put it?

So, I have about 800,000 experience (yet to be converted) stocked up. I've only been playing tier 9-10 German HTs, MTs and TDs, random tier 8 premiums, and the odd tier 6 or 7 battle. I recently bought the ST-I after having it researched for months, but for some reason I just don't grind tanks, so I may never even get the IS-4. That could be why I'm so unskilled. o_o

Anyway, with all this free experience, what should I do? Should I try something new and go for French Mediums or Heavies? Should I go down the T-62A line? Should I NOT skip the T-54 like I did the E-50? Should I go for the T110E3/4 or the T57 Heavy?

I've got no idea where to go, but I need some new tanks and I need to broaden my skillset. Preferably tanks with a high skill ceiling (as explained by CraBeatOff and/or Garbad), so that I can actually improve. Also, I would like to do something other than Heavy Tanks, unless there is a branch that plays considerably differently from my HTs. ALL OPINIONS WELCOME!

(except for arty, because It's horrible and I never want to play it again, EVER)

I'm no purple, or blue even for that matter, but I would test the waters on several different lines. Free XP'ing up to tier 6 or 7 wouldn't cost a lot, and at that tier you could really get a feel for how the line feels, and then decide where to dump up to tier 10 from there.

Won't that cost you 32,000 gold to convert? Enough to pay for premium account for over 16 months?

Won't that cost you 32,000 gold to convert? Enough to pay for premium account for over 16 months?

I don't exactly need a premium account. Even so, if I was already spending that much, I could easily buy a year of premium along with it.

I'm no purple, or blue even for that matter, but I would test the waters on several different lines. Free XP'ing up to tier 6 or 7 wouldn't cost a lot, and at that tier you could really get a feel for how the line feels, and then decide where to dump up to tier 10 from there.

this is solid advice.  do you really want to put $100 into a line you aren't sure you will like?  also, 8.8 test server is coming out soon, where you get 100m converted free xp and 100m credits to try out whatever you want.

try ALL the tanks!

this is solid advice. do you really want to put $100 into a line you aren't sure you will like? also, 8.8 test server is coming out soon, where you get 100m converted free xp and 100m credits to try out whatever you want.

try ALL the tanks!

^ try different lines on the test server

^ try different lines on the test server

Ah! I hadn't thought of that! Is the test server for 8.8 running right now, and if so, for how long will it continue?

Ah! I hadn't thought of that! Is the test server for 8.8 running right now, and if so, for how long will it continue?

I think Russian server got public test already, we should have it in a week and a half at latest.

Also I recommend you just use that free exp to unlock necessary modules, then grind exp needed for next tank.

Well sure, if you've only got normal amounts of Free XP. But the OP wants to blow 800,000!

Actually his advice still makes sense.

Most tank lines have some continuity of playstyle as you work up them, and it's better to learn that playstyle as it develops rather than jumping straight into the higher tier vehicle and not know what skills and tricks to focus on to get the best out of it.

If you're willing to spend gold on free XP (I'm largely not, so I have to suffer), use it to insulate yourself from the horrors of stock tanking.

Just curious, why didn't you turn on accelerated crew training? I did that after I accumulated 250k exp to be converted (which I feel is too expensive to convert)

Anyway, I recommend you free exp up to tier 8 at most, to get a feel of how the tank is like. I'd watch Quicky or some other good youtube player on their tank reviews/gameplay, other than testing on test server.

Actually his advice still makes sense.

Most tank lines have some continuity of playstyle as you work up them, and it's better to learn that playstyle as it develops rather than jumping straight into the higher tier vehicle and not know what skills and tricks to focus on to get the best out of it.

If you're willing to spend gold on free XP (I'm largely not, so I have to suffer), use it to insulate yourself from the horrors of stock tanking.

That would be my advice. For example, skipping the E-50 seems like a poor idea on the way to the E-50m, since their size, armor layout, guns, speed and thus role end up being very similar...

If your goal is to get into Clan Wars, then you should go for the tanks that are used.

If your goal is simply to play for fun.

Here are a list of tanks that excel in different tanking techniques:

Tiger II (Angling, Side Scraping)

T-54 (Flexing, Repositioning when a spot is no longer working)

T71 (Scouting and flanking, as well as a good way to learn how to play Auto-loaders)

T29 (Hull down, as well as just being an awesome tank)

ISU-152 (Camouflague, staying hidden)

Once you are experienced in all these techniques, you can employ them in any tank.

For example, increases your changes of your T-62A's tracks eating an E-100 HEAT shell via angling as the last second. You can actually do this now due to the bullshit HEAT mechanic change.

I actually have been watching QuickyBaby's reviews. :P

And now I want the T-54 more than ever. However, for the most part, I will take your advice and skip (tier 7s, maybe 8s and) stock configs.

And now I want the T-54 more than ever. However, for the most part, I will take your advice and skip (tier 7s, maybe 8s and) stock configs.

Serb himself still tools around in the T44, alot of people complain the T62 is actually less noob friendly then the T54, so if you were going to skip anything I'd just leave it at the T43.  I'd agree in general free xp is better for premium and skipping poor stock grinds, most tanks seem playable.  With that said I'm actually enjoying my 12t, but loathing the idea of the 13 75 on the basis its almost the same tank.

On a side note i would say test server test server test server.  Especially when considering the French Heavy tanks.  I know people use 50 100s in tier 8 tourneys but besides that its really only a tank I'd recommend to somebody who seems to WANT it, best way to know that is to try it for free on test

Here are a list of tanks that excel in different tanking techniques:

Tiger II (Angling, Side Scraping)

T-54 (Flexing, Repositioning when a spot is no longer working)

T71 (Scouting and flanking, as well as a good way to learn how to play Auto-loaders)

T29 (Hull down, as well as just being an awesome tank)

ISU-152 (Camouflague, staying hidden)

Once you are experienced in all these techniques, you can employ them in any tank.

I've got angling down, as well as hull down. I watched QuickyBaby's T71 review. Most of what he did was sit there in the exact same spot, racking up over 9000 scouting (wow, I just realised that's even more of a reference than I thought) damage. I really want to do that too, so I'll probably go for the T71 next. :3

Anyway, that looks like good advice. Any other playstyles that tanks can teach?

Get the T-54...like right now! It's an amazing tank which everyone recommends really. It's miles better(imo) compared to the T-44.

Just curious, why didn't you turn on accelerated crew training? I did that after I accumulated 250k exp to be converted (which I feel is too expensive to convert)

Because I wanted free experience, lol. I hate stock grinds in almost any tank.

I've got angling down, as well as hull down. I watched QuickyBaby's T71 review. Most of what he did was sit there in the exact same spot, racking up over 9000 scouting (wow, I just realised that's even more of a reference than I thought) damage. I really want to do that too, so I'll probably go for the T71 next. :3

Anyway, that looks like good advice. Any other playstyles that tanks can teach?

The T71 can be played more actively than most other scouts due to it's nice manoeuvrability as well has it's burst damage potential (Being an autoloader).

It's camouflage is more than enough to able to passive scout if it needs too.

The ELC AMX is another great scout for passive / active scouting.