JelleFly

Need some help getting better

hello,

I'm looking for someone to help me play more consistently. I either do well or dont do well at all . (doing just average doesn't happen that often)

Also . platooning with me or helping me figure out what went wrong in the bad matches as my results deviate a lot from my (recent) average (both ways...) 

here's an example of that deviation with my T-34-3

bad Match:

http://wotreplays.com/site/3065253#mountain_pass-jellefly12-t-34-3  (this one is from today)

Good match:

http://wotreplays.com/site/3062568#winter_himmelsdorf-jellefly12-t-34-3

I also tend to have a few games each day where i die without doing damage , while some of that i couldn't really do much about . some things were just plain stupid now i think of it 

Also tips on mindset and what to do when i'm not doing well , but still in the mood too play (Padding?)

Some information about me , dutch is my main language(sorry for miss spelled english if there is any) . i can speak english pretty good and i'm (almost) 17

EDIT: forgot to mention , i play on EU 

- Jelle 

Short answer: there are way too many factors that go into being good at this game for this topic to help you much. There are a lot of good guides on wotlabs that you should read but in this case you will get a lot better responses if you ask a specific question. Hope you find out what you are looking for.

43 minutes ago, SuperTheBoss said:

Short answer: there are way too many factors that go into being good at this game for this topic to help you much. There are a lot of good guides on wotlabs that you should read but in this case you will get a lot better responses if you ask a specific question. Hope you find out what you are looking for.

is this better ??

If you are having 0 damage games then maybe you are overcommitting? I've had that problem a lot before, pushing too hard then wondering why i was ded. I'll watch a replay too when i get home from high school.

My comment after watching the "bad" replay:

- Too much zoom. Zoom out and lower your mouse sensitivity for better situational awereness
- You were poking against hull down tanks that you were never going to penetrate, even with gold. Besides that you have 0.46 accuracy, which isn't made for quick pokes around a corner.
- You left a lost flank too late and even went back although it was clear that you had no backup
- You were taking many shots that would never penetrate
- In the replay you should've rather backed off, put a few shots in at distance and pushed the north

My tips:

- Don't poke/shoot if you're not sure you'll hit and penetrate
- Don't poke if you would take more damage than you would do
- Keep your eyes on the minimap and back off if necessary

What I think you're doing is you have one or two positions on each map that you go to every time and fight it out.
However what you need to do is get an overview of the whole battle.

2 hours ago, Super_Rybak said:

My comment after watching the "bad" replay:

- Too much zoom. Zoom out and lower your mouse sensitivity for better situational awereness
- You were poking against hull down tanks that you were never going to penetrate, even with gold. Besides that you have 0.46 accuracy, which isn't made for quick pokes around a corner.
- You left a lost flank too late and even went back although it was clear that you had no backup
- You were taking many shots that would never penetrate
- In the replay you should've rather backed off, put a few shots in at distance and pushed the north

My tips:

- Don't poke/shoot if you're not sure you'll hit and penetrate
- Don't poke if you would take more damage than you would do
- Keep your eyes on the minimap and back off if necessary

What I think you're doing is you have one or two positions on each map that you go to every time and fight it out.
However what you need to do is get an overview of the whole battle.

And how am i suposed to do damage if i have to sit back and wait for something to happen

I guess its just bad luck...

scince ive tried to get betetr the onley thing thats happend is that i got more shit . my this is the 3rd day my daily wn8 has gone down by 200

id happily give you a little 1 to 1 tuition although typing is extremely inefficient so if you add my in game ill give you a ts ip we can talk on (do some toons give feedback watch you play a little explain what id do and why and ask you to explain yourself

hope your interested, good luck on the battlefield

I'm new here, but OP, the trick to playing better is to be smartly aggressive. Get into a powerful position fast and do as much damage as you can. Force enemy tanks to fight on your terms, not theirs. A good example, thinking of the T-34-3 off the top of my head is that it's a bad ridge-line fighter. If you're in a position where you are trying to fight something with -10 degrees of gun dep, unless he is a complete tomato you will not win a fight trying to poke over the top of a hill. 

Know your tank; a good example is again the T-34-3... it's a tank that wins by trading, not out dpm-ing. Things like a T-54 Mod 1, STA-2, Pershing, and T-44 for example will all out dpm you in a 1v1 fight. When facing tanks like that, don't rush them until they are a 1 shot. Whither them down by sidescraping out from a wall and trading shot-for-shot (T-34-3 can actually sidescrape well), then once they are weak enough, finish them off.