TheMarine0341

T26E5 Patriot - The new Freedom on the Block

8 hours ago, SgtKnispel23 said:

could not resist buying this ,rip my wallet,question is now is it really worth keeping the t32 or sell it

This is a straight upgrade over T32, without a single worse stat.

Sell it ( it is not good enough to keep it if you do not have T29 and E5 already - crew reasons)

5 minutes ago, crapcannon said:

OMG so temped! I love heavies!

Question, can this thing sidescrape?

You know what? I don't even have a crew for this tank since I haven't played the American line!

The turret is too far forward and the sides too weak. In order to bring your gun to bear you have to expose your front. I suppose you could always pull some reverse sidescraping shenanigans, which is certainly doable in a tank with this kind of mobility.

Really can't decide on whether or not to get the trumpwagen version.  I like the idea of spreading ultra-freedom and not paying for camo but I don't like spending more money to get it.  Any thoughts?

Since this tank's ammo has good base pen and is cheap as shit, you make credits really easy on a decent match. You can sell all your premium tanks, buy both versions, and double up for max monies :serb:

On 11/14/2016 at 11:31 AM, Hellsfog said:

Really can't decide on whether or not to get the trumpwagen version.  I like the idea of spreading ultra-freedom and not paying for camo but I don't like spending more money to get it.  Any thoughts?

The lowest bundle for the Patriot has all the optimal equips you need, although Vents vs. Optics is your pick.
I like the Patriot's look, too, but if you're feeling cheap just get the regular E5.

I remember buying my CDC and M4A1 for gold, which saved me $5 USD or so. 

Hovering over the picture of the T26E5 in its research screen shows that this has a 9700 gold purchase price. 

As my recent WN8 and Win rate plummet from the dark green they were a couple of months ago I think using some of the 12,000 gold I've accumulated makes more sense than putting real money into a game I'm playing more because I'm addicted to than actually getting much joy from. 

Is there a way pay gold for this thing? 

22 minutes ago, PDX_Dragon said:

I remember buying my CDC and M4A1 for gold, which saved me $5 USD or so. 

Hovering over the picture of the T26E5 in its research screen shows that this has a 9700 gold purchase price. 

As my recent WN8 and Win rate plummet from the dark green they were a couple of months ago I think using some of the 12,000 gold I've accumulated makes more sense than putting real money into a game I'm playing more because I'm addicted to than actually getting much joy from. 

Is there a way pay gold for this thing? 

No and probably won't be.

punching way above my skill level in this tank... put first moe on it @ 50 fights.  base 1200 exp over 60 fights...doing 2700 damg/assiting combined avg.  60%+win rate ALL SOLO

On 11/15/2016 at 1:24 PM, bobdaxx said:

punching way above my skill level in this tank... put first moe on it 50 fights.  base 1200 exp over 60 fights...doing 2700 damg/assiting combined avg.  60%+win rate ALL SOLO

I want this so much...Fuck AMX Liberte...I do not even have a crew for that abomination.

Regarding the crews, I seriously do not understand why ppl whine about. It needs 5 ppl, just like  Murican steel (T29 - 2 loaders, but you can rotate them).

T34 has 6 crew members...

Radio operator can simply be sourced from another heavy (you really, REALLY need T29), but if you do not have one (except E5, you cheeky scrublord), you can source it from a light/med/TD.

YES! Running a faulty radio operator only affect your radio range (which is double redundant). If you have repair or camo skills, they are unaffected. BIA or SAS works, even SIA provides full view range increase.

I crewed a lot of my tanks with mismatched radio operators from other tanks, as long as the have strong enough radio (not the low tier CCCP).

Made a million credits this evening and 80% solo win rate in this thing. Is beast mode.

Several 4k damage + 4k blocked +1k spotting games netted over 100k credits. But only 2nd class mastery :-(

On 06/11/2016 at 6:46 PM, CarbonWard said:

It looks like an alright Pershing alternative, but it wouldn't be a strategy changing tank as the turret is still not safe against IS3 apcr.

Not sure about that Carbon. Tier 10 meds are bouncing shots on my turret alot.

Also, 80% WR  on my first day while getting multiple 2k dmg games in tier10 matches, which is a hell of a contribution for a tier8 in those conditions.