TheMarine0341

T26E5 Patriot - The new Freedom on the Block

When I'm driving muh 26E5 Freedom buggy, the New and Improved LoweTM is one of the very few tier 8 tanks I do NOT want to see on the red team.  The damn Lowe is good now, its like all the years of sLowe martyrdom has finally been rewarded with fascist Valhalla. 

Still, Patriot > Lowe.

Just played my first game in the freedomwagon, and good heavens is this thing comfy. Great profit, bouncy turret, American gun. This thing + Löwe are a great pair of tanks to have in your garage. 

On 2/8/2017 at 8:20 PM, Rexxie said:

I can tell you one thing, having MM filled with this totally balanced T8 makes my KV-5 a lot less attractive. Damn things go right through my turret and are a pain in the ass to pen.

Yup...with stock APCR...

But I do not think meeting a 112 is any better...can you pen its LFP with gold, given huge height of KV-5 gun??

Edited by Felicius

112 LFP is 50/50 vs KV-5 APCR, so yeah it's not really a fun target either. The 112 at least can't compete in gunnery though, with its lowish DPM and terribad gun handling. You can also usually catch them out of position or something, since they aren't all that much more agile than you. Cupolas are pretty thin too, so if you get close enough they aren't all that threatening.

More importantly, Patriots are like five times as common as 112s right now since they just went on sale.

I played a set of games in this tank on Crab's account after playing some T32 and Pershing games earlier in the day. The Patriot is truly the love child of those two tanks and I felt right at home. It's also slightly better than either of those tanks which is pretty dumb.

The sad thing is that the tank isn't particularly OP compared to all the other tier 8 premiums that have been buffed recently (although all the 240 alpha mediums are pretty trash by comparison). Yet when you come across tier 6 and 7 tanks you utterly trash them with this tank.

Definitely a tank I'd like to get though. Not only is it good, it fits well my my preferred play style. I'd gladly trade half the premiums in my garage just for this tank. Like 10 tanks. Just for this one. I'd be getting a good deal too.

Played this tank for rental, missing it now.

Want to buy it. Anyone has any guess-estimation of when its going to be on shop again?

On 4/10/2017 at 7:24 PM, Tankthief said:

Played this tank for rental, missing it now.

Want to buy it. Anyone has any guess-estimation of when its going to be on shop again?

When the Patriots win the Super Bowl again:trump:.

12 hours ago, Errants said:

So, next year. ^_^

I bet on 4th of July too.

And a commemorative sale for День Победы.:superserb:

Expect Defender instead of a Berlin trio (or part of).

I'm really disappointed in this tank. Probably because my expectation were too high. 

I can see how it was absolutely amazing on release before T8 MM went to shit, but now that it hardly ever meets T6/7 it just feels a bit underwhelming.

It's a good tank. But the Chrysler felt significantly more powerful to me, even without premium spam.

On 3/9/2017 at 10:21 AM, dualmaster333 said:

I played a set of games in this tank on Crab's account after playing some T32 and Pershing games earlier in the day. The Patriot is truly the love child of those two tanks and I felt right at home. It's also slightly better than either of those tanks which is pretty dumb.

The sad thing is that the tank isn't particularly OP compared to all the other tier 8 premiums that have been buffed recently (although all the 240 alpha mediums are pretty trash by comparison). Yet when you come across tier 6 and 7 tanks you utterly trash them with this tank.

Definitely a tank I'd like to get though. Not only is it good, it fits well my my preferred play style. I'd gladly trade half the premiums in my garage just for this tank. Like 10 tanks. Just for this one. I'd be getting a good deal too.

@kaneaaa

This sums it up pretty well.  The Patriot is the best tier 8 medium tank in the game.  When you hear unicums lol about spamming gold with the 90mm in the T29 - thats pretty much the patriot with slow medium tank speed. Great base pen means you can leave the gold at home, better mobility than a T32 and better turret than a Pershing means you can get to hull down spots and work the turret armor safely while shooting tier 9 weak spots for dayz.  

All of the so called weak spots on the Defender that make IS-6 and KV-5 drivers cry, the Patriot can shoot holes through them.  Bully lower tiers, keep safe distance from same tier heavies to make armor work, avoid higher tier TDs like plague (pretty good advice for all tanks), when bottom tier roll with mediums.  Most importantly, spend time figuring out what you are going to spend all of the rubles you earn with your 255 silver per 230 pen APCR rounds on.

@dualmaster333 made a great point in @Archaic_One's quote. I never would have bought an M46 KR (or a T34 for that matter) if I had known that the Patriot would be a thing.

Of course, it's not as bad as the people that bought an IS-3A before the Defender. Yikes!

I know I jumped all over @kaneaaa in the other thread* he started, but I do get where he was coming from. 240 alpha leaves A LOT to be desired when you are bottom tier. So, he was probably comparing it to tanks like the VK 100 and Defender with tier 9 alpha at tier 8. You have to work harder to carry in the Patriot, but it is a lot more flexible than those two. 

It's a valid question just needed it here instead of a new thread. I think 240 is hard to play because you have to constantly be working to punish with permatracks for damage. But its got enough to leverage. I prefer it to the defender and about on par with the liberte. T34 is power crept (give it 2k base dpm thx) but still pretty solid.

It's a great tank which MM likes to crap on (T8, best MM we ever had kappa). And since it doesn't have staying power when not hull down or the alpha to trade well, it's frustrating to play sometimes.

That gun's a constant source of disappointment. 

On 12/22/2017 at 7:38 AM, Sapros said:

I'm really disappointed in this tank. Probably because my expectation were too high. 

I can see how it was absolutely amazing on release before T8 MM went to shit, but now that it hardly ever meets T6/7 it just feels a bit underwhelming.

It's a good tank. But the Chrysler felt significantly more powerful to me, even without premium spam.

The Chrysler has a shit tonne of raw power, it really does. In fact, I'd say in that respect, it would nearly be best in tier, second only to the Defender. It's ability to bully, and to hold its own against goldspamming, high tier opponents makes it feel almost like a tier higher than it really is, at times. But then again it pays for all that with size, turret placement and somewhat limited gun depression, it pays, in other words, in comfort.

OTOH, the Patriot really isn't a tank that relies on raw armour or firepower. It's good because it works as a package as a whole. It's decent in many respects, and extremely comfortable in almost all areas. 

In most situations, the Patriot is the easier tank to play. But when you're dropped in Tier 10 or just Tier 9, facing that superheavy crawling up the opposite end of the corridor. The Chrysler works and the Patriot doesn't. Fortunately, it's reasonably easy to avoid those situations with the Patriot's mobility. At the same time, with average turret armour creeping up in the high tiers, playing the Patriot really isn't as easy as it used to be.

Apparently the new Aussie Centurion has a better armour use efficiency than this thing, at least according to VBaddict. I never thought there'd come a day when the Patriot would be merely decent instead of meta defining, but here we are.