SmurfReroll

How do I win more in general?

Question

And I don't mean in a basic sense such as "understand game mechanics" or "learn situational awareness". I'm talking about advanced tips to get 60%+ solopub WR. I'm currently playing at roughly 2.5k wn8, which I'm happy with, but I can only pull middling blue WR. My goal right now is to get that to purple (60%) and I'd like some tips. I feel like my main issue is over and under aggression; I'm always either too passive or too aggressive and either die too soon or don't make an early impact. I specifically want tips on light and medium tanks here as I play heavies and TDs less and feel that they aren't as bad. 

That's also probably why my HT wr is higher, because they forgive/favour aggression more. 

5 answers to this question

Two very big yet slightly conflicting things tend to affect your wins quite a bit

1: Getting early kills/gimps. If you can fuck someone up early game before anyone else has started fighting, you have put your team at a huge advantage and if the pubbies see they are winning, they tend to be less pathetically passive often turning into a snowball for your team

2: Dont be dead. Yes, it probably sounds a bit dumb telling you just not to die but say if you have spent all your hp and are now a 1 shot, just gtfo from the battle. Don't put yourself in danger if a slight breeze will make your tank go ka-put. Chai snipers are better than corpses.

That said, ideally you would keep a bit of HP around for the late game but that is something else to learn later on I think.

the one thing the correlates the highest with winrate is damage dealt per game. I never tryharded for winrate, but when i play a t10 tank that i like and i can get 3.5k - 4k dmg in it, ill usually also have a very good winrate in it (like grille and wte100). and ofc there are classic tanks that just perform really well all around. like heavy med hybrids that just do well on nearly every map, like e50. I would play those a lot if i would want to incease winrate. or prem mm tanks like e25/is6 tanks where you can make sure you are top tier quite often (like in t9s) i can also recommend watching streamers. my omni buddy youkai gets around 68% winrate solo and even more in platoon. only plays batchat.. but that like no one else ^^

90% of this game is making the enemy bleed as much as possible and taking the least amount of bleed possible back. That's as simple as I can say it. You say over/under aggression, but the thing is when I was playing 4k dpgs+ and just under 70% solo a while ago how I was doing it was because I knew every possible route to victory and chose them. For me it was mostly a matter of learning positioning of myself and the enemies. Before the last known position and sight circles came to the regular game I learned to play without it by knowing where the important tanks of the enemy will go by studying the loading screen. And I was right almost 100% of the time. I used to be a shitty unicum, then I learned EVERY position and became a very good unicum, that was my only issue, and I learned well every single position in the game and knew how to use them 3 steps ahead of time.

What I see many many people falling into, is just a habit of being able to trade well and that's it, that's the only reason they have purple stats. But the higher level unicum play comes from not only being able to say brawl/snipe well, but constantly knowing the positions that will be able to pull off more and more damage to enemies, and what positions to deny enemies, aswell as being other high level abilities such as blind firing and perfect trades. And if you want to be god tier like Kewei, let the battle completely change to something you(r superunicum meatshields shooting 105mm HE out of E-75) do, and then have a plan to farm from that.

You basically answered the question yourself. Over and under committing can throw games away that otherwise would be won.

But I think the real problem is, as you said, that you play mostly lights and meds. Heavies are more capable of carrying a game, especially when they're top tier.
With a medium or light tank you're quite often forced into a support role and if your team really sucks all you can do is camp and snipe.

If you enjoy your lights and meds though and don't want to play heavies then you can platoon with other people.
Either form a medium wolf pack or scout for your heavy platoon mates.

- Dont drive alone but always drive with others. If you outnumber an enemy 2:1 your advantage is actually 4:1
- I personally have to be bottem tier if I am not to drive in front of my allies, but usually I am always the first to arrive at any front and when I am top tier I am also the first to lead the push.
- whenever possible avoid getting shot, though it is a kinda captain obvious statement one cannot always carry when one has 100HP left. But easier said than done sometimes.
- a nice strategy what I can employ sometimes in late game is ambushing. Than you hide behind a building, a rock or a big bush on some illogical location where they least expect you to do.. nothing. And when your enemies deem your hiding spot empty. You sometimes might be able to pop-up behind them and give them suprise buttsex.
- Though what I am about to say is conisdered as heracy for any wn8 farmer... Capture dat enemy red flag when needed, we all know that capping a flag gives less wn8 but higher WR. What is the difference for a bat-chat between capping and stuffing another clip in enemies? 2000wn8? Winning somestimes means less wn8, there are more ways to carry than just shooting damage. With my kv4 I can simply stick out my butt letting enemies, aim, shoot and bounce me and so I can hold a flank, by occupying 3 enemies eventhough I am not even shooting back all the time.

It is indeed funny that your winrate does not nearly match your wn8 values on some of your tanks, dat WR of your T-44 is just.. wow. I honestly do not understand why people want to play randoms solo, unless when you have a really OP tank... I dont do it when any buddy is online. A T-44 might be the best tier 8 medium tank, it is still a useless tier 8 medium without decent firepower. The DPM on tier 8 mediums is so fucking low that you want to platoon with other tier 8 mediums.

And do not forget that some of your tanks will always be jynxed:)