TheMarine0341

Rating the Premium Tanks (Tiers 5 through 8)

2 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Its not a Liberte', Patriot, Defender, or Lowe

But its damn good for those who can manage their mags

That's kind of what I thought. I'm definitely buying the Patriot next time it's on sale. I'm trying to be very careful about what premiums I buy these days as I made the mistake of buying a few too early in my WoT career which now I really either do not enjoy nor want to even start playing as they no longer suit my style.

On 4/7/2017 at 10:53 AM, Griphos said:

I wish there was a separate garage for unused tanks. 

The carrousel mod that comes with Aslain's adds the ability to put tanks in "reserve" which basically hides them until you go into view reserves mode.

Sadly, I do not use mods.  But that sounds like a great feature.  Wish WG would copy it.  

I'm on the fence about the 40 t.  I have all the other OP prems released lately (and @DirtyACE7, tbh, the E5 is my least liked of the bunch, although I'm with you on having too many prems I don't really enjoy playing).  Still, a prem autoloader is appealing.  I wish I could try it out first.  

1 hour ago, DirtyACE7 said:

That's kind of what I thought. I'm definitely buying the Patriot next time it's on sale. I'm trying to be very careful about what premiums I buy these days as I made the mistake of buying a few too early in my WoT career which now I really either do not enjoy nor want to even start playing as they no longer suit my style.

I'd say this insight is deeper than most ppl realize. When you are semi-fresh in this game you realize the importance of credits and the
natural way to solve it is to 'I have to buy a premium to grind credits', falling into one of Serb's $ pitfalls.

These days I only demand 2 things when I play in regular tanks:
#1 am I having fun?
#2 am I effective in this particular tank?

and for the premiums I add
#3 am I a pretty effective money-maker in this premium?

46 minutes ago, Griphos said:

Sadly, I do not use mods.  But that sounds like a great feature.  Wish WG would copy it.  

I'm on the fence about the 40 t.  I have all the other OP prems released lately (and @DirtyACE7, tbh, the E5 is my least liked of the bunch, although I'm with you on having too many prems I don't really enjoy playing).  Still, a prem autoloader is appealing.  I wish I could try it out first.  

I am loving the Lorraine. It definitely isn't as OP as some of the other tanks, but I have far more fun playing it than I do with my Defender. The combination of autoloader and mobility is more fun for sure.

Just as note, Type 62 should be much better next patch. With that gun it reaaaally benefits from not meeting tier 10s, and Vstabs is nice bonus. 

2 hours ago, ProxyCentauri said:

These days I only demand 2 things when I play in regular tanks:
#1 am I having fun?
#2 am I effective in this particular tank?

and for the premiums I add
#3 am I a pretty effective money-maker in this premium?

#3 can always change though, i.e. IS-6 syndrome. That thing used to make credits with APCR spam. Now you can fire all APCR you like all the time and still bounce off retarded nextgen prems. It's probably karma that things have gone full circle for the -6. If that's the case I can only imagine what will happen to the Defenders.

9 hours ago, DHP said:

+ Ridiculous bloom + super mega slow speed + super weak DPM

It's really not that slow. Just slow enough to make the bloom bearable. And on this type of tank I'll take alpha > dpm happily anytime. Not arguing it should be considered a must buy, but I personally find it miles ahead most (if not all) 240 alpha mediums. Frankly, since the rise of the idiot proof heavies like the defender/patriot/liberte, I like it a whole lot more than the IS-6 or 112 even. For those few who don't have a problem with slow(er) tanks it can be pretty damn fun to play as long as they have a good crew.

T34.jpg

2 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Just as note, Type 62 should be much better next patch. With that gun it reaaaally benefits from not meeting tier 10s, and Vstabs is nice bonus. 

AFAIK Type 62 could always mount Vstab already. So it only benefits from better MM and further nerfs of it's T7 Light peers.

1 hour ago, rindorbrot said:

Type 62 could always mount Vstab already.

Correct.

Unclear what he meant as the type 64 now gets vstabs, but that didn't see 10s. Either way, at least the 62 isn't so glaringly behind the 131 now..........

5 hours ago, TPT924 said:

I am loving the Lorraine. It definitely isn't as OP as some of the other tanks, but I have far more fun playing it than I do with my Defender. The combination of autoloader and mobility is more fun for sure.

Probably the best Tier 8 Medium now I think, although it doesn't mean that much at Tier 8, with everything else floating around.  -8 depression, 4 shot 100mm mag, 232 pen, whats exactly the tradeoff?  Bad armor? Armor means fuck all now unless you are a powercreep heavy anyway.  The players carrying entire games with the 40t because they can magdump problem enemies I've seen is starting to rise.

Tier 8 mediums are basically gimped compared with the 40t and the new heavies, unless you still have a pref-MM medium

The more I see 40t in battles the more I crave it.  I've seen several outright carries in it.  I'm not sure what happened to the 50-100 recently, they just seem to have disappeared - but the 40t certainly makes the 50-100 look kinda shabby now.  Oh yeah, the special camo on the 40t is damned sexy too.

I think discussions about the T-54 Mod 1 need to include @Kolni in order to be valid.

FWIW, the T26E5 is the best tier 8 premium medium right now :bigdoge:

3 hours ago, Invictus said:

so, if you have KR Patton, go for the 40t or Patriot?

Can't go wrong with either, get what you will enjoy most or have most use for honestly.

I can't fathom why the Matilda bp is on the same level as the IV (or above the chi nu Kai) 

I mean I like the 6 pdr, but between the flat unarmored turret, the inferior depression, and the terrible low ammo count considering the spammy gun (WTF do they put in this turret?  Massive tea reserves?!)...

Come on,  I mean,  list of situations you'd rather be in a bp than in a iv :

* you're alone facing an at-2 not mounting the howitzer and no possibility to withdraw

/end list 

Also,  the ram II kind of irritates me,  with its tendency to shoot all over the place, its bad view range and its poor (by us standards) depression. 

Im also very tempted by the Lorr but I didnt enjoy it too much as a tier 9 but that was a couple of years ago when I sucked more than I do today.

Ive also bought to many premiums that just sits in the garage because they are not as fun OR competative after a while. 

Sure the Rev and STA-2 are great tanks but its the same as many other mediums. I got the E5, Defender and Löwe and they are all great tank but you kind of struggle in a tier 10 game anyway besides if you can keep distance in the Löwe.

Then I bought the Scorpion G and this is the premium I really enjoy. Its not my best credit maker, its not my best class but it sure as hell brings the giggles when I play. Having a "ok" crew with some skills, rolling heavy flank as support, going around a corner and smack dat 128mm in their face. 

I wonder if Lorr will fit in the same category. Maybe not the best tank out there, but putting 2 clips in and going "all or nothing" maybe suits its better than other tanks?

And my relation to BC25t is a love/hate. If im in the right mindset I love it but most times I dont like chilling and assasinate-gameplay. 

Updated slightly, moved the IS6/IS6B to the "Power Creeped"

Its poor vs almost all of the new premium tanks, and a good number of standard 8's. Unless it gets 3/5/7 MM, you'll struggle if the enemy team has a couple newer tier 8 prems. Further, with the popularity of the tier 8 prems, getting 15v15 seems very likely and dear lord that'll be painful

Yeah, poor beloved IS-6. Can't even side scrape effectively like it used to. Gone are the days of taking a corner in town on Live Oaks and laughing at all the tanks sniping from the ridge as you bounce 5000hp while you're team flanks the target fixated baddies. (Okay, oddly specific example, but you get the idea.)

i probably won't sell it, 'cause it's not special and easily rebought for credits if buffed, but I can't see playing it since I have all the retarded new premiums as well. 

Is6 is fucking bad right now.

The word powercreep is not enough to define that 40€ pos that I'm trying to mark.

Just had a 1 V 1 against a defender, I literally bounced 12 apcr shells, aiming at weakspots and sides. Lost 100k in the process because food and large consumables.

I recovered it to give it the last chance.

I'll sell it again, fuck that tank, no buffs will ever make it good.

I wonder if there are still people buying it.

Sold it, now I'm happy.

Buy!

No.No.No
T-34

As far as I'm concerned this is so wrong, switching them around would actually be an improvement. :doge:

On 11/7/2016 at 11:56 AM, TheMarine0341 said:

Tier 8

Hide contents

Buy!
T26E5
Skorpion
AMX M4 49 Liberte'
M41-90 Blackdog (MM Changes, can be top tier)
252U / Defender
Lowe

The Inbetween (TLDR can see tier 10s and can be painful):
Patton KR
STA-2
M4-Rev
Lorrain 40t
Mutz

The Average
KV-5
WZ-111
M1 Pilot
STRV-S1
T-54 Proto (MAY be getting pref MM)
IS3A
Super Pershing
T-34-3

T-44-100
Panther 8.8
FV4202 (Buffed: top speed to 50kph)

Power Creeped:
FCM 50t
IS6/IS6B

Can Be fun?
8.8 Jagtiger
Type 59-Patton
CDC

No.No.No
ISU-130
T-34 (Gun handling was buffed, still slow as shit)
Kanonenjagpanzer
T-34 Black

I'd put the STRV S1 in the inbetween with an ************** that it's a very niche tank. Probably the single most niche premium WG has ever introduced, but for those who want a Swedish TD/Experienced in them. It's main issue other than that is being second to a Skorpion G, but I'd put it in the 2nd category because it's more map dependent than tier dependent (lol xD 290/330 pen on a fucking prem).

Same can be said for the Lorraine it's for a niche crowd whereas the defender, patriot, liberte, and skorpion is directed more towards the general crowd.

but that's just my opinion rest of the list looks pretty solid

With the recent trade-in special on EU. Do you think it's worth trading in the IS-6?
I'm tempted to get either the Ravioli or the T-54 mod 1.

M4A1 Revalorise: 1300 gold, I'd use it mostly as a credit farmer, I have a BC25t crew I could use for now (even though it'd prolly conflict a little with some perks) and I think of getting the AMX 30, which is already unlocked but not bought yet. I don't really need it as a crew trainer as I'm going to sell the ELC anyway and would move the crew from that to the AMX 30.

T-54 mod 1: 2850 gold, I just purchased the T-54 and am about to move my girls up from the 416. I'm going for the Obj 140 as my next t10 tank and I'm very tempted to have a russian crew trainer, especially as I want to keep the T-54 (but move the girls to the 140), want to buy the 430 II, and later on get the 62A and the maybe the 430.

I already have the FV4202 and Super Pershing, got both for free. Love the FV, never touched the Super Pershing, will prolly change that now that the matchmaker changed and it got buffed.

Well, I'd trade in the Mod 1, if I could, if that tells you anything.  It's due for a buff, I'm hoping.  

I like the Ravioli.  Fast shell velocity makes for nice final accuracy on moving targets.  Great alpha for a medium, but I don't have enough games in it for a recommendation or not.