NightmareMk9

WG posted a new Illegal Mods Policy

11 minutes ago, NightmareMk9 said:

Appears to call AutoAim+ illegal

"Auto-aim, or “aimbots” that provide more functionality than the “aim lock” in the vanilla client, specifically those that aim at the enemy's weak spots or automatically lead the aim so the offending player can focus on maneuvering their tank."
I don't think this rules out AutoAim+, as last I checked it only allows you to trigger the in game's lock without clicking directly on the tank.  It doesn't target weak spots or auto lead the aim.

"Enabling automatic use of non-Premium consumables"
This doesn't provide an unfair advantage, it only "cheats" WG by saving players gold/credits.  They don't even get the full benefits of the premium consumable (ie, no reduced fire chance) so it not even worth it bar the poorest players.

"Any direct alteration of the physical properties, performance characteristics, or effects of any vehicle or object in the game, or otherwise subverting the game rules"
What?  Is this really a thing?  Wouldn't this require hacking WG's servers?  This is just gonna give tin foil hatters justification about their claims of "wall hacks" or whatever.

As for the Ambush mod, I could see that being part of the vanilla client.  It would certainly help noobs understand bush mechanics as it's basically just doing the math for you that you would normally do in your head.

33 minutes ago, GunnSm0ke said:

See here

I didn't know this was a thing either....

Considering that some of the trees and bushes are 'fake' and don't provide camo when they look like they should... am I supposed to get mad at a mod that calculates if we really are behind a bush enough?  I've fired from bushes with the leaves of huge trees in front of me by easily 15 meters, yet apparently they were fake trees while standing up.  

Until WG fixes the problems, they ought to stop complaining about the mods that seek to clarify what should exist.

Aslain weighs in

[2:14]  
9.16 #36 (08-11-2016):
- removed following mods due to the new Fair Play Policy from WG: 
- reload indicator in Damage Log Gambiter, and XVM's damage log
- OTM Reloads redone by Bosomi and OTM Reloads by ZJ
- AutoAim Indication+ 
- Master Ambush [until WG clarifies the status of this mod]

10 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

I guess safe-shot is probably a no-go now, what about zoom out?

Safe shot? I dont see why it would be. It should actually be part of the client IMO, would remove a lot of griefing

Zoom out could be debatable, but I lean to safe  

Just reading through the WoT public forums, OMG the cancer - it burns.

" ban ban ban i agree...lets say ban all this statpadding t67 players and your famous unicums cheaters who no using cheats ammorack you every shot and injure your crew"

" XVM, which is one of the most problematic cheatmods right now"

" Many players using mods and cited illegal in order to increase WR - WN8 - WN7 in order to brag or get into prestigious clans "

" WG start banning people right BEFORE 5th Campaign starts so half top clans will lose their "best" players for 7 days "

"And of course remove that Periodic Match Maker Attack Loosing Streak Inducing Sh1t you have been using stealing victories from real players and giving them to kids-noobs-casual players on old cheap laptops and crap connection to keep them on your clientele "

Interwebz gold this is, revel in in bois, roll around in it, in just does not get any better than this.

1 hour ago, Epic said:

As for autoaim, our "forbidden" list includes mods that allow players to enable built-in auto-aim/target lock without having the enemy tank highlighted by the crosshair.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/598224-fair-play-policy/page__st__200__pid__13344242#entry13344242

bye bye autoaim+

Sound like it yes.

5 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Just reading through the WoT public forums, OMG the cancer - it burns.

" ban ban ban i agree...lets say ban all this statpadding t67 players and your famous unicums cheaters who no using cheats ammorack you every shot and injure your crew"

" XVM, which is one of the most problematic cheatmods right now"

" Many players using mods and cited illegal in order to increase WR - WN8 - WN7 in order to brag or get into prestigious clans "

" WG start banning people right BEFORE 5th Campaign starts so half top clans will lose their "best" players for 7 days "

"And of course remove that Periodic Match Maker Attack Loosing Streak Inducing Sh1t you have been using stealing victories from real players and giving them to kids-noobs-casual players on old cheap laptops and crap connection to keep them on your clientele "

Interwebz gold this is, revel in in bois, roll around in it, in just does not get any better than this.

to be honest i have never seen such triggering of the public forums 

Hahahah, the last time i checked the destroyed items in the minimap mod was illegal and i know waaay to many people that use it. I don't use any "unfair" advantage mod, and if they ban me, so be it, i will have a real reason to stop playing.

7 hours ago, FullGore said:

Sound like it yes.

As I understand, Autoaim+ has been banned on the EU server for some time.  NA only bans the aimbots that target weak spots or calculate lead.

13 hours ago, Fastfission said:

As I understand, Autoaim+ has been banned on the EU server for some time.  NA only bans the aimbots that target weak spots or calculate lead.

Well now its a clear statement. Tbf i had autoaim+ and session stats till 9.16 were i was getting rid of all mods. Didn't really felt like cheating, but i don't really miss it, so not a real problem.