Super_Rybak

AMX M4 49 Liberté

54 minutes ago, Boodler said:

So how does this thing compare to the Löwe? 

Liberte is a bully/equal tier oriented tank. Used to be great before the MM changes. Even a potato like me could rack up 1.7K dpg easily. Now its in the 1500s which is awful. Lowe is better against high tiers therefore better.

On 4/27/2018 at 3:44 PM, lavawing said:

Liberte is a bully/equal tier oriented tank. Used to be great before the MM changes. Even a potato like me could rack up 1.7K dpg easily. Now its in the 1500s which is awful. Lowe is better against high tiers therefore better.

Lowe has always been better. I never understood why people praised the Liberte. Liberte was only better against bad players. Vs Someone who knows how to shoot Lowe was always better. 

You get:

- More Alpha

- Faster Shell

- Better prem shell

- MUCH better gun handling and final acc

- No erectile disfunction

- Can sidescrape

- Smaller weakspots on the turret

- 30m more view range

- 150 more hp

You loose:

- 150 dpm

-  Can't drive like a moron into low tiers who can't shoot your cupola

- Some speed.

So even in old MM Lowe was better. 

On 5/4/2018 at 2:38 AM, hazzgar said:

Lowe has always been better. I never understood why people praised the Liberte. Liberte was only better against bad players. Vs Someone who knows how to shoot Lowe was always better. 

You get:

- More Alpha

- Faster Shell

- Better prem shell

- MUCH better gun handling and final acc

- No erectile disfunction

- Can sidescrape

- Smaller weakspots on the turret

- 30m more view range

- 150 more hp

You loose:

- 150 dpm

-  Can't drive like a moron into low tiers who can't shoot your cupola

- Some speed.

So even in old MM Lowe was better. 

see if you play on asia

you get the nameless Kappa

also TIL Lowe has 400 view range LUL

5 hours ago, Deliberate said:

see if you play on asia

you get the nameless Kappa

also TIL Lowe has 400 view range LUL

Yup. You get crazy spotting with this thing. Food + vents + good crew and I was at 456m view range.

I can't make the tank work.

It seems to be too slow to get to anywhere, the gun does not hit anything and if it does you are in a Tier 10 match and can't penetrate.

I'd take the FCM 50 t or even the BDR G1 B over it.

13 minutes ago, ICameForFame said:

I can't make the tank work.

It seems to be too slow to get to anywhere, the gun does not hit anything and if it does you are in a Tier 10 match and can't penetrate.

I'd take the FCM 50 t or even the BDR G1 B over it.

This tank was great before 3 5 7. As of now it has neither the accuracy, armour, or flexibility to make itself useful against Tier 10s. Also it has always been an arty magnet par excellence

Does this tank still struggle? I'm having a hard time getting myself a premium I actually want to play and make credits in; the T34 and Patriot are boring, the Chrysler and 54 Mod have me hovering over my 2 key all game, and everything else in my garage is a powercrept, goldspam pref 8.

I'm coming around on my second bond tank and it's this or the Guard. I'd frankly prefer the Guard just because it's more unique than the Liberte, but I know 210 pen doesn't go far these days. 

1 hour ago, Rexxie said:

Does this tank still struggle? I'm having a hard time getting myself a premium I actually want to play and make credits in; the T34 and Patriot are boring, the Chrysler and 54 Mod have me hovering over my 2 key all game, and everything else in my garage is a powercrept, goldspam pref 8.

I'm coming around on my second bond tank and it's this or the Guard. I'd frankly prefer the Guard just because it's more unique than the Liberte, but I know 210 pen doesn't go far these days. 

Just wait it out for the EBR75, Progetto 46, LT-432 or (best) Bourrasque to go on sale. You won't regret it. I can link you to gameplay videos of all these tanks. 

Guard is fucking trash.

Gun has no shell velocity, neither shell has pen and the accuracy is pointless. Shells will go to ground or rocks or to basically everything but what you are shooting at.

None of the bond 8s are really worth it but the Liberte is probably the least shitty of them.

Prog and bourrasque are the best prems in the game now.

5 hours ago, Rexxie said:

As referral 2.0 is now a thing, why don't you start a new account, and bot like 200 games in it, and get a Kanonenjagdpanzer or something? It's free, after all. If you want to spend gold, the prem Ru 251 shd be a decently fun option for credit grinding as well. 

The Guard is pretty crap and you have to realise just how many drawbacks it has: shit shell velocity, shit bloom, shit DPM, mediocre pen, heavium mobility, rear turret. It was designed at a time when 390 alpha was special and you had to give up a shit tonne of stats to get it. It's much better just to be in a 130PM and not pretend you have armour. 

Liberte doesn't need gold spam, but it's one dimensional in every way of the word. Plus you get your teeth kicked in by most of the new prem heavies. It's pretty much a bigger Spershing with higher pen. It doesn't exactly struggle, but you never go into a situation and think you're glad to be in an M4 49, because at this point, many other heavies can do what you do, only better.

10 hours ago, sr360 said:

Just wait it out for the EBR75, Progetto 46, LT-432 or (best) Bourrasque to go on sale. You won't regret it. I can link you to gameplay videos of all these tanks. 

I think my main holdup with those is that I have to pay for them! They are definitely way better than any of the bond options, though. If I find myself ready to pay up to daddy wg, I'll definitely pick up a Progetto/Bourrasque/703 II.

10 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Guard is fucking trash.

6 hours ago, lavawing said:

The Guard is pretty crap and you have to realise just how many drawbacks it has: shit shell velocity, shit bloom, shit DPM, mediocre pen, heavium mobility, rear turret.

Well, thanks for saving me 8k bonds lol. I had no idea it had terrible bloom and shell velocity. That's definitely not something I'm going to want to grind credits in.

6 hours ago, lavawing said:

As referral 2.0 is now a thing, why don't you start a new account, and bot like 200 games in it, and get a Kanonenjagdpanzer or something?

Any advice on getting it done that quick?

16 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

Any advice on getting it done that quick?

Start now before the cap on 100 points per day starts.

Get a referral code, seal club low tiers. Medals give a lot of points.

Get to about 400 on the last stage ready for the next referral round.

I managed to hit 8k bonds while doing my referral grind so I picked it up yesterday. First impressions are pretty good, both the gun & mobility are much better than expected. I really like the armor too - so far it has held up really well, but I imagine a good deal of that is lucky MM. Not going to pass judgement on a tank I've had for one day. 

I'm running Vents and the obvious right now, but I can totally see IRM. The best choice might even be Modified Configuration, dropping AFE, and running Food. Anything to get the gun bloom (and your exposure) as manageable as possible.

Might be another reason to try Modified Configuration in your survivability slot. You can hit 656 module HP on your ammorack which should make it relatively damage immune. You also only take a fraction of the reload penalty, so you're not screwed if it does manage to take a hit.

I went ahead with that Rammer/Vstab/Config+Food loadout, it feels really good. The tank in general feels really good? Maybe I'm too used to really awful premiums, but this thing gets to where it needs to be, bounces everything I expect it to, and pens what I need it to. I haven't shot a single APCR since I bought it and don't really feel the need to either - 232 AP with 0.32 accuracy is enough to reliably put the hurt on any T8/9.

So far the biggest struggle is resisting the temptation to push. It's way too easy to get overconfident, forget this isn't a russian heavy with ridiculous side armor, and get punished.

Been running with Configuration for a little while longer, and while I still think it's one of the better options, it doesn't look like it's going to do much to help your ammorack. I was definitely wrong there. Modified Configuration pulls up your ammorack to a gargantuan 656 HP, but what I didn't account for is that it also pulls up your repaired ammo rack HP to a similarly gargantuan 524. Any hit that brings it below that number will damage your ammorack.

The practical difference is that a modified config Liberte has 132 module HP before its ammorack turns yellow, while a standard Liberte has 56 module HP. A Modified ammorack will be able to take a single hit from a sub-100mm cannon, while a standard ammorack will become damaged from any cannon. This is all "usually" because module damage has the typical 25% rng.

TL;DR is that Modified Config lets you take a hit from a 75/85/88/90mm cannon without having to repair your ammorack. If your goal is not to take ammorack damage, this is not a very effective way to do it.