Wewum

Small Repair Cost (No Damage Taken)

10 minutes ago, Wewum said:

I finished my T28 Prot. game on Himmelsdorf with no damage taken (or modules damaged) but was fined 17 credits for auto-repair. Why is this?

Probably for a damaged track

A little known fact about the T28 Prototype;

This tank was actually created to test alternative forms of locomotion for tanks. It doesn't have a normal gas or diesel power plant like most tanks. As a result, someone has to pay the poor saps that pedal this thing a cash salary, and that's reflected using the in game economy.

This also accounts for why it's so damn slow.

239285d1305154739-human-powered-car-wind

Can only be some kind of module damage that wasn't enough to show as yellow. including and not limited to scraping tracks with your teammates on spawn (as previously mentioned), tracks going down steep declines, edge of arty splashes nicking tracks or optics or barrel, brief uses of the removed engine governor, or direct shots to the barrel, optics or tracks.

To my knowledge, plain bounces, ricochets or mere penetration of non track, non gun and non optic spaced armors do not result in garage repair costs.

Chances are since you are driving T28 Prot you damaged your tracks taking some time saving shortcuts down hillsides

20 hours ago, Wewum said:

Probably. I didn't know that a few points of module damage that can't even be seen in the HUD would count towards your repair cost.

Allow me to explain module dmg on T28 Prot. example. Its tracks have 200HP and their regeneration level is set at 150HP. It means that 150HP and below the damage control panel (DCP) shows that a module is damaged (yellow) and at 0HP shows it as destroyed (red). Losing 30HP (ramming or falling) will give a small repair bill but no info on DCP.

48 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

Allow me to explain module dmg on T28 Prot. example. Its tracks have 200HP and their regeneration level is set at 150HP. It means that 150HP and below the damage control panel (DCP) shows that a module is damaged (yellow) and at 0HP shows it as destroyed (red). Losing 30HP (ramming or falling) will give a small repair bill but no info on DCP.

Alright, thanks for the explanation.