Szaboka89

The Bromato Project - [Tips to Improve] Series

Hey guys,

Let me introduce you to a collaboration with my dear friend @Alabastrom, where our goal is to create educational videos for games we think we can play better than a fuegian steamer duck. We call this endeavour The Bromato Project. Don't ask why.

This first installment of our World of Tanks video series called Tips to Improve features an 8k damage battle in the Bat-Chat 25t on Abbey, where we showcase camo and bush mechanics... and a couple of memes to top it off.

We're basing these videos off of TheRiisingSun's work, so if you've ever watched his videos, our ones will be particularly similar in style. For a reason. All credits are in the video description.

We really hope you're gonna like it!

Appreciate your time!

We'd love to hear what you think! We desperately want to listen to the community to improve on our videos, so please let us know how we could bring our videos closer to perfection. Also if we reach a hundred subs, we can give our channel a cool little URL, which is something we could use in the meantime. :D

Thanks for your comment, @Archaic_One.

We don't make these videos to substitute any of the aforementioned content providers, or really anyone in your Subscriptions list. This is our take on trying to add to the game in a different style and narrative. You either like our concept and stay with us, or stick with your everyday YouTubers -- your call.

Also, just because a Unicum player creates videos, doesn't necessarily mean they're doing it right. Personal experience.

In case you get to watch the video, I hope you can take something away from it.

All those text-musicals, and you didn't even explain why you hard camped some random spot next to the abbey for nearly a minute.

(no bulli)

On a serious note, there's almost never a good reason to pause a WOT replay for commentary. The pace of combat is pretty slow, so 99.9% of times you can say everything you need to say as it happens. Heck, you even sped up this replay: no need for pauses! You may as well have left the explaining text under the screen while the game progressed.

Also, I suspect that if you're really from Hungary, that's why you chose to subtitle this rather than do voice commentary. Unfortunately, I can guarantee you that this method will not get you many subscribers. All the popular WOT guys on youtube got where they are by A) posting a tonne of videos, and B) making enjoyable voice-overs. Since you aren't a super-unicum player, you really need another way to get viewers if you don't want these videos to get swallowed in the sea of obscure youtube content. (Unless you like making videos just because)

Dont want to be hater or anything like that and congratulations on the effort. However i have a few tips for you.

1. This was a good dmg game mainly becouse enemies made mistakes and ran into you camping 1 by 1.

2. You say in the beggining that you will go on the flank where you have advantage on. And then you go to the flank where you have the least advantage going by the team setup.

3. You aproach mid from the lower side and then get up. That means that you didnt spot 2 line before you actually got up. You could have easily been yoloed by grille going to their side of the bush or any other tank for that matter.

4. You say 8 line has fallen and then stay on the 2 line. Fact was that Your line has fallen 1 min ago and 2 line could have used your help.

5. In the end you go to 8 line to get some sort of advantage over t57 i suppose. Do you know why people rush abbey in the beggining? Map control. What you should have done was shoot t57 at least 1 more time with the first clip to make sure that second clip will be enough to kill him. Then go the abbey and camo snipe him to death.

6. In the end you did good bushwork however you shouldnt have let him get usnpotted. If you went back into the bush and respoted him you wouldn lose vision and you could have sneaked 1 or 2 more fully aimed shots without him juking you.

7. You say yourself that he knows where you are. And then you come from that exact angle....

8. If you want to improve dont wait for enemy to make mistake, create oportunites yourself.

I'm really into the concept here...I think the more educational channels out there the better, and clearly you are more skilled/knowledgeable than the average player. Best of luck.

Quick pros and cons list for your match:

Pros:

- solid initial positioning

- good knowledge of bushes

Cons:

- lost the match

- boring, campy batchat gameplay

- left teammates to fend for themselves on more than one occasion

- the amount of time spent sitting still in a tank that goes 65 km/h is fucking ridiculous

Conclusion: High damage losses are a dime-a-dozen. Educate your viewers on how to win. Try to camp less in your T10 light tank...maybe you'll have a teammate alive at the end to help you carry.

Its certainly well presented but the amount of reading really would be better suited to a voice commentary and the actual gameplay makes me feel like your going to leave people with bad habits. Like autoaiming instead of manually aiming(when not driving away), using 25x zoom, being far to passive, going to just like the wrong places to set up defensibly(like at 3:30, that is not where you should be at all).

Also, isn't autoaim+ illegal now? You seem to be using it when in third person before you zoom in.

Sorry If I'm mostly criticism and little praise, all the power to you for actually trying to make videos n' stuff :epicsaxguy:

Thank you guys for all the constructive comments.

@OperatorError, we've tried this style because we really liked what TheRiisingSun did years ago, and we also love sliphantom's memes. Probably it wasn't the best idea, but hey, it's our first try, there's plenty of room to improve. On the voice part, I think a strange accent can be funny sometimes, and @Szaboka89 has no problem speaking English, it's me who's kind of afraid of such things. Also note that we do not have the proper gear for creating high quality voiceovers. The camping is a thing I'm kind of ashamed of but I chose the replay because I thought it was interesting enough. Will consider your words, thank you for your comment.

@Gr1nch_1, yes, the camping is too great of an issue here, we will consider this in the future (usually I don't camp this much). I felt like going to that flank, maybe not bacuse of the advantage, but out of habit, bad point to me there. I don't want to react to all of your points one by one, I think those are all true, and will improve my gameplay a bit. About the same angle thing in the 7th part: maybe I'm overthinking but I thought he would to expect me to go around. Thanks for the comment again.

@TheLovePanda, thank you for your interest in our work, I hope it will get better and better in the future. Yeah, camping is clearly a big issue here. Leaving teammates to die is my bad habit. I realize how much I use them instead of working with them. Shame on me again, I will try to improve in that regard as well. Thank you for your observation.

@zapyoug, the voice commentary will probably happen in the future; as I said, we wanted to create a video like this. Hopefully we will acquire some proper gear for that, and grow some balls to give our voices to it.  I don't really get the 25x zoom part, I would love to know more about why it's a bad habit. And yes, positioning and camping... I will have to watch out for this to improve. I'm not using any mods nowadays, I don't know what's happening at 0:57 in the replay. Also, I'm probably not using zoom and autoaim properly, possibly some bad habits and my bad mouse control led to this issue. Criticism is what we're here for, of course for the constructive kind. :)

Thank you for your comments again. It really means a great deal to us.

34 minutes ago, Alabastrom said:

zapyoug, the voice commentary will probably happen in the future; as I said, we wanted to create a video like this. Hopefully we will acquire some proper gear for that, and grow some balls to give our voices to it.  I don't really get the 25x zoom part, I would love to know more about why it's a bad habit. And yes, positioning and camping... I will have to watch out for this to improve. I'm not using any mods nowadays, I don't know what's happening at 0:57 in the replay. Also, I'm probably not using zoom and autoaim properly, possibly some bad habits and my bad mouse control led to this issue. Criticism is what we're here for, of course for the constructive kind. :)

Thank you for your comments again. It really means a great deal to us.

25x zoom narrows your field of vision lessening what you are going to notice around you and making it easy to loose track of tanks making a quick turn or moving erratically when using it at most distances. I personally consider it a straight up disadvantage because you cant spin your scroll wheel to zoom in quickly without ending up looking at the enemy commanders pores. As per the autoaim, I would just unbind it entirely if you have a bad habit of trying to use it in normal fights.

Its cool that tou are open for suggestions and thats a good way to improve. About overthinking stuff now. Pubbies are dumb. You shoot from somewhere and thats where he will turn towards most of the time. Even if he doesnt whats the worst case scenario? You will find him facing you. Basicly same shit with possibility of advantage.

The ukulele music is making me rate this -1/10

22 hours ago, Szaboka89 said:

Personal experience.

Clearly you have experience making well put together videos that wont make you cringe.

Also, explaining with a microphone would probably serve better than having someone read text in a video.

You're making them do more work and that will pull people away from your vids.

On 21/11/2016 at 8:49 PM, Szaboka89 said:

We're basing these videos off of TheRiisingSun's work

On 21/11/2016 at 10:28 PM, Szaboka89 said:

This is our take on trying to add to the game in a different style and narrative

:kjugh: