leggasiini

Test server update: Swedish HT nerfs

Unsurprisingly Swedish HTs are getting nerfed.

Kranvagn:

- intra clip reload nerfed from 2,75 to 3

- magazine reload nerfed from 28 to 33

- front hull armor nerfed from 110 to 90

- engine power nerfed from 900 to 700

Emil II:

- intra clip reload nerfed from 3 to 3,5

- engine power nerfed to 520 from 700

- front hull armor nerfed from 100 to 80

Emil I:

- intra clip reload nerfed from 3 to 3,5

- engine power nerfed to 380

- aim time nerfed from 3 seconds to 3,2 seconds

Source: test server itself. There might be more changes, but i cant find anything for now. *quickly goes to check if type 5 suddendly got new gun*...nvm 9.18 then :feelsbad:

Dont worry, Kranvagn is still very powerful imo, but atleast its balanced now. Dont sell your 50Bs atleast for god sake.

Source?

Kranvagn still seems to good to me, because it's clip speed is fairly irrelevant as it can just sit there hull down not getting shot. 

The only real nerf is the engine power which will still give it around 15.5 hp/ton which is IS7 levels, but with better ground resistances, which means it'll be going 45 kph at least most places. 

They've made the tier 8 more annoying to play from that as well, did that one need nerfing? 

5 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Source?

Me :P

I started TS launcher, noticed patch, logged in, and checked Kranvagn because i had odd feeling that it has been nerfed.

Yea Emil I got overnerfed imo, it was very good but not even close as good as Emil II/Kranvagn. It would have been perfectly fine if they just nerfed the engine, its gun was already pretty bad, now its contender for having one of the worst guns of tier 8 HTs. (210mm APCR/240mm gold APCR, terrible aim time, terrible DPM, poor accuracy, intra is so long that it barely feels like autoloader anymore).  We will see, though, because tier 8s are impossible to test on test server.

1 minute ago, leggasiini said:

Me :P

I started TS launcher, noticed patch, logged in, and checked Kranvagn because i had odd feeling that it has been nerfed.

Yea Emil I got overnerfed imo, it was very good but not even close as good as Emil II/Kranvagn. It would have been perfectly fine if they just nerfed the engine, its gun was already pretty bad, now its contender for having one of the worst guns of tier 8 HTs. (210mm APCR/240mm gold APCR, terrible aim time, terrible DPM, poor accuracy, intra is so long that it barely feels like autoloader anymore).  We will see, though, because tier 8s are impossible to test on test server.

TS Launcher? 

Ah ok, so test server has been updated and is still up?  Odd there have been no announcements. 

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

Kranvagn:

- intra clip reload nerfed from 2,75 to 3

- magazine reload nerfed from 28 to 33

- front hull armor nerfed from 110 to 90

- engine power nerfed from 900 to 700

All wrong stuff IMHO. 

Strange way of implementing nerfs.

Ignore the big issue and nerf other stuff that will make it more annoying to play, but still overpowered in terms of its armor.

Nope, this is good direction if anything.

The turret + depression keeps the tank unique. Its not the turret + depression that made it ovepowered, it was that combo combined with short magazine reload and very good mobility (arguably very best mobility of all tier 10s; yes, better than 50B, because it had better p/w ratio, so on flat it went faster. it takes long for 50b to go faster than 55 on flat anyway). Dunno how one would properly nerf its turret armor, because when you nerf it to pennable it suddendly becomes useless, unless you make it like that its very tough when using -12 depression but pennable when not. Nerfing everything around it isnt bad idea at all. Rather this kind of nerf than "little slower 50b with little more turret armor and little worse gun", if WG would have nerfed the turret armor. Turret + depression makes it no longer that OP when it now has the very worst hull armor of all tier 10 HTs (it already wasnt that good, it was just very trollish, nerf 20mm of that and its now vulnerable to even tier 8s) and despite autoloader not that good (but workable) gun.

Hard to say how balanced it actually going to be, but ofc this is better than what it was. Kranvagn used to have next to no flaws. Like i said, the turret + depression wasnt the true reason why Kranvagn was overpowered; it was the retarded mobility combined with turret + depression (and way too good gun for that platform). Now it actually has flaws, like slow acceleration, overall quite bad gun (other than gun handling its crappy all around) and worst hull armor of all tier 10 heavies.

56 minutes ago, Clogman said:

Strange way of implementing nerfs.

Ignore the big issue and nerf other stuff that will make it more annoying to play, but still overpowered in terms of its armor.

They proposed ammo nerfs @ sandbox everyone went crazy. So they buff armor ever so slightly. GG ammo nerfed. 

Fuckin retards. More IS-6 peasants like gameplay. 

RIP Emil 1, went from being the highlight of the line to another tier 8 turd for the IS-3 to feast upon.

Also, I love how they haven´t managed to fix that aiming reticle bug yet.

press F for Emil I

Also, i read from somewhere that Leo got pretty big engine power nerfs. Not confirmed, will check later. Why the hell, though?

Maybe if you guys start complaining about stuff that's already good and stop talking about stuff thats bad,  WG will change the stuff that needs buffing/nerfing cause they always fuck thing up and do the opposite of what they should. WG = biggest troll ever.

I hate how they nerf stuff like this... they just leave the retard proof turret armor but make the tanks more annoying to play

110 or 90mm on the hull doesn't matter, it was soft anyways

12 minutes ago, Crossfader said:

I hate how they nerf stuff like this... they just leave the retard proof turret armor but make the tanks more annoying to play

110 or 90mm on the hull doesn't matter, it was soft anyways

They make the tank annoying to play AND annoying to play against. Much fun to be had there.

Owell atleast this nerf makes it useless for 7/68 so can just free exp 50B now, don't have to wait for this or wonder which one to get next.

I played it, and honestly, it doesnt feel that bad. Its still quite fun to play. It would have been different if they give it aids gun handling with its current pen. Rather DPM nerf than intra nerf.

It still goes 50 pretty easily and from little slope reaching 60 isnt hard either. And having best turret in the game with -12 depression opens so much possibilities. 

Really, if you want to have its old gun stats and mobility, aswell as depression, that would mean that its turret would be nerfed from god levels into like "okay" at best to keep it balanced, considering that its as mobile as 50B, while having much better depression and not that much worse gun. Do that and we have "slightly nerfed 50B with -12 depression and slightly better turret", aka another heavy that isnt really heavy, and another 120mm autoloader heavy with at best meh armor. 

Thats the problem, tbh. Look at the turret armor scheme - how you really would nerf it? IS-7, the current turret king, has typical Russian dome turret with trollish angles. So for example, Jageru that can pen it with HEAT, cant pen it THAT reliably (expect from very close) because of the shape. However, Kranvagn's turret is uniformally thick from anywhere. When your pen is higher than EA Kranvagn's turret, it beco es suddendly completely useless due to armor layout. Think like Jap heavies. 

If you nerf it into like that its not that good when not hulldown but good when using like -10 to -12 of its depression, it certainly wouldnt make it any more fun to play than keeping current turret but nerfing overkill mobility and DPM. Nerfing turret any further from that would make it essentially 50B clone with worse gun and better depression.

They should have given it either 10.5cm with 390 alpha or even 320 alpha (as long as it isnt another TVP) or single shot 750 alpha 150mm with poor DPM, or even both instead of 120mm. IIRC Kranvagn didnt even have 120mm, but either 150mm or 105mm instead. Especially with 15cm the tank would be unique no matter what turret it would have.

But hey guys, i wouldnt complain, because atleast WG actually realized that Kranvagn was too good, and on time. Thats good sign, right?

2 hours ago, Fabunil said:

RIP Emil 1, went from being the highlight of the line to another tier 8 turd for the IS-3 to feast upon.

Also, I love how they haven´t managed to fix that aiming reticle bug yet.

I was actually hyped over it more than Kranvagn. It was also unique, not so OP because of very often bottom tier, but nice to play. I liked the small size and interesting autoloader...I have to see how the gun and mobility behaves now...could still be competitive in randoms (longer aim time, but reload is longer too, so you can aim in between)...but lower mobility makes them less fun to play 8and harder to prevent rushing after you dump the clip).

I simply do not like tier X heavies (except E5) anymore.

Ah, well...at least my E5 and IS-3 are still kings, well done WG.

Why you complain?

This are good (and logical!) nerfs, since:

• Sets the Kranvagn apart from 50B and T57
  • Keeps it ``unique``
  • Its a nerf

Its hull armor was also quite though AND it was fast, compared to T57 and 50B, Kranv is midway in terms of mobility, with the worst gun, the most gun depression and by far the best turret armor.

Its imo way, way better balanced as the shitty skoda...

ps: the tier 9 was quite fun, dunno if its still, need to try that one out, i wont even bother playing tier 8 on test server :P

^^finally someone who fucking understands

People again just judges everything from paper stats. Go try the Kranvagn before complaining, it still feels very nice. Speed drop is most noticeable thing, but it really needed it, having better mobility than many mediums with autoloader, -12 depression and best turret in the game was quite wrong. It was the mobility that made turret + depression broken, because it allowed it to rush into hulldown position to bounce everything before anyone would even do anything for it. 60kph top speed with excellent acceleration simply doesnt work well with godlike armor or insane firepower *cough Grille and TVP cough*.

If it would have kept mobility, that would mean most likely either significant turret nerf or both gun and turret nerfs, which would make it either just crap or clone of 50B with worse gun and -12 depression... Like really, basically immune tanks when hulldown but easily damageable when not (T32 and T29, yea they have weakspots on turret but good luck hitting those when they are hulldown) are not unheard of.

Emil I did not need any nerfs. Karvwhatever it's called, could have gone with just the reload nerfs. It's so much more sluggish now.