N00BSAIB0T

AW re-designing artillery and possibly removing it

Seems like they are turning them into TDs for testing and if that doesn't work, they'll be removed. Either way, artillery in its present form is going away.

https://aw.my.com/us/news/general/balance-20-progression-changes

Early on in our evaluation of Artillery for Balance 2.0 we made the hard decision to remove the class in its current form. The ability to deal indirect damage to an opponent who can neither see or retaliate was a mechanic that just didn’t work well with the rest of Armored Warfare. Even with our successful efforts to reduce the impact Artillery had on the battlefield, it never completely took away the frustration players had with it. Not only was it difficult to balance around, but it had real impacts on our ability to create maps as well. Each map we made, whether in PvP or PvE, had to take into account Arty firing lines. We couldn’t have complex cover or tall mountains and buildings because Artillery wasn’t able to shoot over them. With only a very small percentage of our active playerbase playing Artillery, this made it even harder to justify keeping the class.

Because of these factors, we had a choice; remove Artillery altogether, restrict the class to just PvE or offer the vehicles in a reimagined class form. We decided to go with the third option and have condensed both artillery lines into a single Self Propelled Gun line which offers high damage at the cost of longer aim times and slightly higher reloads. SPG vehicles now have drastically increased mobility to match their real-world capabilities and their Artillery-view has been replaced with a standard zoom reticle. They do retain access to smoke shells, but the illumination support shells have been removed for now. Because of how different the class now plays, we aren’t committing 100% to it sticking around, but we’d like to get player opinions on the changes during the Update 0.19 PTS cycle before deciding whether to keep it or remove the class with the official release of Balance 2.0.

1 hour ago, N00BSAIB0T said:

Early on in our evaluation of Artillery for Balance 2.0 we made the hard decision to remove the class in its current form. The ability to deal indirect damage to an opponent who can neither see or retaliate was a mechanic that just didn’t work well with the rest of Armored Warfare. Even with our successful efforts to reduce the impact Artillery had on the battlefield, it never completely took away the frustration players had with it. Not only was it difficult to balance around, but it had real...

Lets spam WG support with this quote, who's with me?

7 minutes ago, Jug0sLovEn said:

Lets spam WG support with this quote, who's with me?

I would love to but we need to spread this news to the players. It'll be more effective that way.

3 minutes ago, Whole_Nutmeg said:

Isn't this game pretty dead? Seems like too little, too late.

It's still in alpha but a lot of players have left the PvP aspect of the game. PvE is still very active. I imagine they'll probably see a return of players but not sure how many.

2 hours ago, N00BSAIB0T said:

The ability to deal indirect damage to an opponent who can neither see or retaliate was a mechanic that just didn’t work . . .  it difficult to balance around, but it had real impacts on our ability to create maps as well. . .  remove Artillery altogether

Here's the TL,DR version for non-AW poogs like me

#removeartyfromthegame 

somewhere, Garbad is fapping right now

4 hours ago, EndlessAgony said:

Far from the only issue that retarded game has. Too lite too late...

The entire game has been redesigned for Balance 2.0.  Originally it was Mail.RU/My.com calling the shots but it seems they've finally given up and let Obsidian Entertainment go for it.  Whatever mechanics you saw before, they've probably been improved significantly for this upcoming patch.  And while they are completely removing indirect fire for artillery, the class itself may or may not remain depending on feedback from the PTS.  So if you want an arty-free game make sure to note that in any survey they give and on the AW forums.

https://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthread.php?94935-Balance-2-0

So, before AW was launched we had countless discussions happening on their forums saying exactly this "The ability to deal indirect damage to an opponent who can neither see or retaliate was a mechanic that just didn’t work well", Only after their game is pretty much dead do they realise "Oh hey, maybe those players who had put thousands of hours into WoT were actually right about arty?" 

Fuck sakes.

8 hours ago, PityFool said:

So, before AW was launched we had countless discussions happening on their forums saying exactly this "The ability to deal indirect damage to an opponent who can neither see or retaliate was a mechanic that just didn’t work well", Only after their game is pretty much dead do they realise "Oh hey, maybe those players who had put thousands of hours into WoT were actually right about arty?" 

Fuck sakes.

I don't have much sympathy for them. I spent some time arguing the same thing against pro-artillery glue eaters on their forums. They could have done something that significantly distinguished them from the idiotic developers at WG but instead the copied artillery's fundamental design, altered its stats, and claimed it was different and better. Never mind that it was still something that bombed you for moving up.

I wish them success but they were pretty stupid. Doing the exact thing that WG failed at and expecting success is pretty stupid.

i hope they remove it and succeed with new players.

wg sees the player base shrinking

wg removes cancer itself

profit

i can get back to wot and pursue high 5k wn8/85%w/r without any carnal desire to nuke arty players:kappa:

I played for a bit last night and wow is the game better than i remember! I am sure there is still issues with the game but I really enjoyed myself. The only real problem i see now is the small problem of next to no players. I sat in a pvp que for about 10 min then tried pve. That popped relatively quickly depending on what tier I entered as but once in the game most of the problems I had before (shot delay, not fully aimed shots going off into never never land, etc.) were gone. I really hope a few people come back and give it another go. Like others have said, it should at least show WG that arty is shit as is any brain dead player that plays it and maybe they can rid WoT of that cancer once and for all. 

For my part, I got one shot by a red arty player in my 30b the other night and remembered why I quit this game. I uninstalled again and typed WG a brief explanation why. I hope someone is paying attention. 

Probably too little too late.

Once a games population has crashed it's quite difficult to recover it. If I hear through the grapevine that it's really good now and better than WoT I might mosey back over and check it out.