kolni

MORE TANK BUFFS FOR EVERYBODY (50B depression, 50 120 depression and elevation, SP, Löwe, M46KR and 112)

Rev better than a Panther 2, Sta 2 better than Sta 1 (worst case scenario equal with worse pen), Panth 88 basically a Panther 2, T44-100 basically a (faster) T-44. Löwe a slower KT with (now usable) armor. Liberté best armored tank at tier 8 (the KV-4 has better armor, but it's slower, can be penned frontally w/o prem with relative ease, no hunting for the mini cupola), Patriot a T-32 that trades an impenetrable turret (and the patriot's turret is still good) for actual gun handling (also more mobile). Skorpion G a Borsig that trades mobility for camo (in a meta where camo is irrelevant). P. KR better than Pershing except for pen. The 112/111/IS-6 are still good (can out trade most tier VIII heavys thanks to their armor + dpm, tier IX briks and jap heavys fuck them) but the IS-3 is OP so they are not better. The CDC, the Jagd 88, the FCM are still balanced the cdc and fcm die from their lack of armor and gun handling in a corridor meta the jagd because it's slow as molasses. This are just some comparisons, my point is that there a lot of regular 8s that get fucked (specially in the hands of the avg retard, because for them armor >>> almost everyting else, so the regular shitter gets extra fucked if he doesn't buy a prem 8, and that's worse for the game in general, cause the main income of WG comes from them). 

On 01/12/2016 at 7:36 PM, lavawing said:

WG sees the CDC as a pseudo TD so they will probably give it something like 1.5 aim time and 238 pen APCR as a base round, and maybe .31 accuracy.

And make gun bloom .45 everywhere ! 

KR on sale. With the buffs coming, is this worth getting now (the regular $40 version, not the day only Ultimate-cash-grab version)?  Unless they sell the Type or the Skorp, this seems the only tank likely to go on sale that interests me. It seemed pretty gimped when released, but buffed, it seems pretty much a premium Pershing. 

45 minutes ago, Griphos said:

KR on sale. With the buffs coming, is this worth getting now (the regular $40 version, not the day only Ultimate-cash-grab version)?  Unless they sell the Type or the Skorp, this seems the only tank likely to go on sale that interests me. It seemed pretty gimped when released, but buffed, it seems pretty much a premium Pershing. 

KR is pretty good even without the buffs.

It's just one of those tanks that, when I meet it, I never worry about it.  That's what's holding me back.  

3 hours ago, Griphos said:

It's just one of those tanks that, when I meet it, I never worry about it.  That's what's holding me back.  

that's a pretty bad way to go by things

you won't be fearing a churchill GC until I'm in one and rape the half of ur team just because they're too busy memeing at my tank

6 minutes ago, Kolni said:

that's a pretty bad way to go by things

you won't be fearing a churchill GC until I'm in one and rape the half of ur team just because they're too busy memeing at my tank

That's a pretty bad way to go by things as well.

I would fear you more in an IS-3 then in a Churchill GC. 

Yeah, I don't take Churchill GC (or any derp tank) lightly anyway.  

My thinking is I kept the Pershing because I like it.  It's comfy and I do well in it.  I'm thinking the KR is now basically the Pershing, and if I buy it, I can sell the Pershing, use that good crew for another tank (and use my Patton crew in the KR) and basically have a Pershing that makes credits instead of loses them (Pershing is one of my costliest T8 tanks).  

On 12/2/2016 at 0:25 AM, Fulcrous said:

57 still gets the fuck you finger :serb:

Overall some much needed buffs for tanks. If only they did this more often.

57 got quite nicely buffed in HD, it bounces about as much as a 215b these days. 

I'm not sure the 50b needed gun depression buff really since the Kranvagn got it's clip and mobility nerfed, but at the same time it's not suddenly going to make the 50b OP so I have no real issues. 

On 12/2/2016 at 8:34 AM, Ezz said:

For mine if they are 'buff/nerfs' vs the tree tanks, then yeah. But when they are pretty much buff/buffs vs those equivalents, then that's a paid for advantage that a free player won't get.

IMO a premium should be balanced against it's tier, not it's tech tree partner. There are too many tech free XP sink holes to use that approach. It's how the FV4202 (P) ending up being so shit, they balanced it to the Centurion 1 which is one of the worst tanks on tier 8. same goes for the Panther 88, balanced to the Panther 2, bad mistake.

A crappy tier 8 tech tree tank you can free XP, or slap personal reserves on and power grind through, or just play the doubles on it, after a 100 -150 games or so it's gone, you have the tier 9 unlocked and never have to play it again.

A crappy tier 8 premium is pointless, if it's not competitive on it's tier you are never going to want to play it.  It is then a giant waste of money, the only way you can really get away with it is having limited MM because then you have something over normal tanks that might make you want to play it, but seeing as they don't do that anymore premiums need to be good IMO.

None of the mediums are going to be OP, even if the M4 Rev, STA-2, Patton KR end up better than other tier 8 meds it doesn't matter because tier 8 meds are crap in general and the weakest tanks on that tier.  Plus Patton KR is basically becoming a Pershing with some stats moved around and a slight worse gold round, M4 Rev has no real comparison to it but it's still soft, big, only goes 40 kph and doesn't have much pen. 

The heavies, well the Patriot IMO is just about ok, it's a T32 that trades armour and alpha for pen and mobility. In CWs a T32 spamming gold with the 90mm is still the superior tank, it's just expensive. They should probably buff the 105s pen to 220 though IMO, even without counting the Patriot because the T32 has worse pen than many meds now and all the 175-185 pen meds have had their pen buffed up. 

The Skorpion is fine, that tank had massive hype when it came out but people seem to deal with them a lot better now. 

The Liberte is the one that overstepped IMO, that tanks has far too much armour for a tier 8 heavy, why they buffed it I don't know, leaving the front plate at 180mm and it having 1350 HP was probably balanced. 

13 minutes ago, Stige said:

@tajj7 The armor on Liberte is easily fixed by nearly every premium round at T8 and higher, it's only the bad players that can't pen it.

Well sort of, if it's using the gun depression you will be needing close to 290 to pen it reliably. Plus quite a few tier 8s only have around 230-240 premium pen, which the Liberte can quite easily bounce.

Also how many other tier 8 heavies do you need to spam premium at to have a chance of penning when they sit in the open unangled? 

It would be nice if they buffed the 59 Patton's engine power... anyone?

2 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Well sort of, if it's using the gun depression you will be needing close to 290 to pen it reliably. Plus quite a few tier 8s only have around 230-240 premium pen, which the Liberte can quite easily bounce.

Also how many other tier 8 heavies do you need to spam premium at to have a chance of penning when they sit in the open unangled? 

Also you can kind of show only the angled front to bait shots and then drive forwards and take your shot. That gives even IS-3 APCR a hard time. In general any AP round < 240 pen will bounce and any APCR < 270 is unreliable. This is an automatic *censored* to most non TD tier 8s and a lot of Tier 9s.

As you say, the front plate is monstrous when used in conjunction with the gun dep. Except it has one more trick up its sleeve. The cheeks are weirdly angled and easily exceed 300 EA against AP. This means that loading gold against a hulldown M4 49 will still require proper aiming. 

And if you're in an IS-6 or KV-5? Well, spamming gold is not going to save you. If you're gud, just turn around or try to flank. There's no point in frontally engaging one of these things. It's just not happening.

2 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Ummm...that turret weakspot makes my tier 6 tanks less concerned with it, than with pretty much every other tier 8 heavy. As long as they are on reload (emptied the gun on some matching tank from my team) i pop out with my Crommie, and put 2-3 shots in them. Depending on distance, it seems like I hit about 1/3 shots at 150 m, 2/3 at less than 100 m, and almost all of them close range). Imagine doing it to an IS-3/6/112???No way of giving him a steel wall and bankrupting in process.

55 minutes ago, lavawing said:

And if you're in an IS-6 or KV-5? Well, spamming gold is not going to save you. If you're gud, just turn around or try to flank. There's no point in frontally engaging one of these things. It's just not happening.

than you need to learn weakspots on hard tanks you face, anyway.

27 minutes ago, Felicius said:

Ummm...that turret weakspot makes my tier 6 tanks less concerned with it, than with pretty much every other tier 8 heavy. As long as they are on reload (emptied the gun on some matching tank from my team) i pop out with my Crommie, and put 2-3 shots in them. Depending on distance, it seems like I hit about 1/3 shots at 150 m, 2/3 at less than 100 m, and almost all of them close range). Imagine doing it to an IS-3/6/112???No way of giving him a steel wall and bankrupting in process.

than you need to learn weakspots on hard tanks you face, anyway.

(1) true, but you can mitigate this by staying at 1-200 m from reds so they can't rush you while you reload. Where you cannot hide it entirely since it is a tall tank, you can bait shots with the UFP though it doesnt always work.

(2) there's literally no weakspot other than the cupola, only strong parts and stronger parts. If they hide it, or if they're just too far for your gun to hit reliably, then you're kind of screwed. And tanks like the KV-5 and IS-6 are exactly the ones with shitty APCR rounds and shittier accuracy. It's not about tank knowledge, except knowing when tanks to fuck off from. It's kind of like a Tier 8 E-75 in this regard. Except with smaller weakspots and weaker sides. Unless you are a T34 or something, a frontal engagement is usually not worth it.

That cupola weakspot is one step from pixel weakspot shooting, it's hardly big at all and unless you are fighting sub-50m you are not going to hit it reliably. 

Plus I forgot the Liberte can peak corners hiding most of the inside shoulder plate, thus presenting an angled front 250 effective. 

I had a clan mate who sat in the cap on Mailnovka in a SH game, bounce over 5k against APCR spamming IS3s and 50100s. I doubt any other tier 8 could have done that.

Also the it's not like the thing is particularly crippled in any other way either, it's got depression, it's fairly mobile and it's got ok gun handling with a high AP pen gun as well.