TheMostComfortableTanker

Object 252: I've lost count of how many tier 8 heavy premiums the USSR gets now

4 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

I'm just saying he is better (stat wise) than 80% of Wotlabs. He can drive backward and shot HE, but he got a result! And not only in ELC/T67/M18 and similar tanks. 

I have to see more videos to judge, but bouncy tank without real gun stats is bad combo for me (hard to play and against). 

You basically said people with worse stats than QB are not allowed to criticise him. So don't backpeddle and claim you have said the obvious of 60% > 5x%. I hear the same arguments in my sport and it's super annoying becauses it rules out any critique from established trainers.

On 19/02/2017 at 5:41 AM, BlackAdder said:

But he has the result. 60+ WR and 3K+ WN8 so this tells you, no matter how he play he is better. 

I think QB has some sort of deal with WG, because he says the stupidest shit and cherrypicks the most retarded replays.  His KanoneJagdPanzer review when it came out, where he said its a good TD at tier 8 before the buff.  And then his AC1 review, he was like "eeeeh not that great, but it can work"  the AC1 is a fucking turdburger, fucking admit it.

I wouldn't trust a word he says.  And I'm better he potatoed on purpose to prove that the tank "wasn't OP" 

13 hours ago, 21Blackjack said:

I think QB has some sort of deal with WG, because he says the stupidest shit and cherrypicks the most retarded replays.  His KanoneJagdPanzer review when it came out, where he said its a good TD at tier 8 before the buff.  And then his AC1 review, he was like "eeeeh not that great, but it can work"  the AC1 is a fucking turdburger, fucking admit it.

I wouldn't trust a word he says.  And I'm better he potatoed on purpose to prove that the tank "wasn't OP" 

Welcome to the world of reviewing anything. I work for a sports magazine and we basically could never bash the products because that would mean no print ads. So our ads went from "it's ok but has problems" to "it's awesome". You just have to adjust for those and read the criticism with caution. 

Weird. It seems WG NA deleted/unlistet the video. If the video doens't work for you try the WG EU source

Regarding Orzys video. Yep I've seen it. And unlike QB he did not overangle it in front of several T10s to show the armor is not as OP as you might think and it is a fairly balanced tank. :serb:

14 minutes ago, hall0 said:

And unlike QB he did not overangle it in front of several T10s to show the armor is not as OP as you might think and it is a fairly balanced tank. :serb:

If you get clipped by two great tier 10 autoloader fom 50m then a tier 8 can’t be OP we all know that.

3 hours ago, Clogman said:

Obj260 is faster then mediums, so nothing new there

1. Going uphill? 

2. T10 meds have same pen, much better DPM and gun handling than obj260

3. Obj260 has worse armor t4t ffs Obj260 has to contend with 330pen heat rounds not 230pen acpr rounds when meds fire prem.

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

1. Going uphill? 

Yeh it is.

it's got 19.7 hp.ton, it'll go faster up hill than the Russian meds.

But you can't buy a 260, you have to grind through hell to get it so it should be good.

Actually on the 260, the 252s very high LFP does remind me of the 260 and was probably one of the few things QB got correct in his review (cos getting wrecked by two tier 10 autoloaders whilst in the open obviously balances a tier 8 heavy).

Whilst the LFP is not the weakest to tier 8 guns, it is freakin huge and prominent, it's an easy shot even at longer ranges and the 260 is similar, you'll often have people shooting you at like 300m regularly hitting that LFP whereas an IS7 people would hit it less regularly and you'll often think you are hiding it and someone catches the top of the LFP. 

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

Yeh it is.

But you can't buy a 260, you have to grind through hell to get it so it should be good.

Actually on the 260, the 252s very high LFP does remind me of the 260 and was probably one of the few things QB got correct in his review (cos getting wrecked by two tier 10 autoloaders whilst in the open obviously balances a tier 8 heavy).

Whilst the LFP is not the weakest to tier 8 guns, it is freakin huge and prominent, it's an easy shot even at longer ranges and the 260 is similar, you'll often have people shooting you at like 300m regularly hitting that LFP whereas an IS7 people would hit it less regularly and you'll often think you are hiding it and someone catches the top of the LFP. 

it's gonna be one helluva tank for strongholds. A mix of those with patriots (for finishing targets and some sweet spotting with optics mounted), and you trump the "tryhards" with IS-3/lwt setups.

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

"not the weakest" is an understatement.

The LFP on te 252 has the same EFA as the upper plate on the Tiger2...

6 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Yeh it is.

the problem is you can angle the tank at 30 degres and the UFP will still get reasonable armor and lfp will be hard to pen. Tried to pen it with the new panther gun. Sorry at that angle that tank was impossible to pen with standard rounds

See the live model for 225pen. So Is6 CAN"T pen a badly angled obj252. Jtiger 8.8 will rarely do. Same for tiger II, Caern. Unless your t10 has 260 prem pen you are fucked and even then you pray to rngesus.

obj252.JPG

3 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

the problem is you can angle the tank at 30 degres and the UFP will still get reasonable armor and lfp will be hard to pen. Tried to pen it with the new panther gun. Sorry at that angle that tank was impossible to pen with standard rounds

See the live model for 225pen. So Is6 CAN"T pen a badly angled obj252. Jtiger 8.8 will rarely do. Same for tiger II, Caern. Unless your t10 has 260 prem pen you are fucked and even then you pray to rngesus.

obj252.JPG

Yeah and the best part is that pubbies often angle their IS tank simply because of their bad playing. Stalin will be proud of WG

24 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

Yeah and the best part is that pubbies often angle their IS tank simply because of their bad playing. Stalin will be proud of WG

When buffing armor to stupid levels wasn't enough WG decided to make stupid angling the right kind of angling. I feel like it's the TD meta back again. They wanted to help and underpowered class and went WAY WAY WAY too far with it.

On the bright side top clans with have it even easier to humiliate bad ones and win t10 cw with t8 tanks

16 hours ago, Fabunil said:

"not the weakest" is an understatement.

The LFP on te 252 has the same EFA as the upper plate on the Tiger2...

The Tiger 2 has never had armour so it's a pointless comparison.  T-54 proto has more armour frontally than a Tiger 2. 

The thing is probably OP but not as by much as everyone claims, I'd rather be facing 252s in other tier 8s than the Maus and Type 5s in tier 10s at the moment.

Facing the Maus last night in tier 9 and 10s was much more of a pain than the 252s I faced. 

It's more Liberte levels IMO, LFP is usually pennable and you have a couple of cupolas, so in a brawl it's not that hard to damage them, very similar to getting cupola shots on a Liberte.

@hazzgar Yeh you can and that does make it strong which is why i found it odd that the LFP is that strong but you are still in the realms of pen for 225 pen guns, they just need high pen rolls which is RNG.

Like I said above, the Liberte can sit front on and unless you hit the cupola you are talking needing 240 upwards to reliably pen it, which again basically means you need decent tier 8 premium rounds or T34s etc.

It's OP but not destroyer of worlds/game ending OP that some seem to be claiming. 

9 hours ago, tajj7 said:

The Tiger 2 has never had armour so it's a pointless comparison.  T-54 proto has more armour frontally than a Tiger 2. 

The thing is probably OP but not as by much as everyone claims, I'd rather be facing 252s in other tier 8s than the Maus and Type 5s in tier 10s at the moment.

Facing the Maus last night in tier 9 and 10s was much more of a pain than the 252s I faced. 

It's more Liberte levels IMO, LFP is usually pennable and you have a couple of cupolas, so in a brawl it's not that hard to damage them, very similar to getting cupola shots on a Liberte.

@hazzgar Yeh you can and that does make it strong which is why i found it odd that the LFP is that strong but you are still in the realms of pen for 225 pen guns, they just need high pen rolls which is RNG.

Like I said above, the Liberte can sit front on and unless you hit the cupola you are talking needing 240 upwards to reliably pen it, which again basically means you need decent tier 8 premium rounds or T34s etc.

It's OP but not destroyer of worlds/game ending OP that some seem to be claiming. 

30% chance to pen is not really "in the realms of pen". That means I need to shoot it 3 times to pen it for 240 while it needs to hit me once to hit me for 440. 

Also yeah it's not a worlds destroyer but it's stupid. A liberte if it angles is super easy to pen in the sides. It needs to be at close to 90 degree angle to you to be hard to pen due to weak sides. That's the problem. I get it super good front armor but the problem is when I literally need to hit your back or good angle at the sides to pen you then it's a problem.

Also Liberte armor stops working against higher triers and it cannot effectively trade with higher triers. FFS this can bounce t10 meds and outtrade them. So again not a destoyer of worlds but it's a super retarded choice because it's advantages over other tanks in t8 are so many. You can't make a tank that is better than its competition in 80% of the things it does. It is like giving the t49 is3 gun handling and claiming it is balanced because bad armor and no pen. 

2 hours ago, Tupinambis said:

Platoons of these things at top tier are nearly unstoppable.

Yes. I see 3 of them and I know the flank they will see is obliterated. More competent players will deal with them but the typical pubbie is dead and the tank is too strong for you to eliminate it before it eliminates your flank. So the only choice is kill the other flank faster than they kill yours. 

The real question is it better than the best tier 8 tank in the game, the IS-3?

Lets seee...

The Armor

MjUfy4S.png

The Gun

p7zqXxB.png

The Traverse and Movement

Ek8BysH.png

In literally every way other than traverse and movement, this is the better IS-3 imo, which makes credits.

Lol

This is clearly a bad tank and not worth a buy Jebaited

5 hours ago, Victrix said:

In literally every way other than traverse and movement, this is the better IS-3 imo, which makes credits.

IS-3 has a lot more comfortable gun handling, and the turret is also quite a bit more reliable. Apart from that I agree though.

6 hours ago, Victrix said:

The Armor

The Gun

The Traverse and Movement

Uh, the IS3 is much more mobile? dont forget IS3 has stock engine / tracks, which means with equal numbers, the IS3 is faster as 252, and since IS3 has everything a bit better, the overal package is much faster and we can also see that since:

IS3.png

252 has the exact same stats as IS6, except for 1, traverse speed, which the 252 has a bit better (26 vs 30)

But given that the IS6 is a slow slug compared to the Pride of the Motherland, IS3 >> 252 mobility

Gun handling the same 252 gets worse bloom as IS6, with better aim time and accuracy, IS3 has meanwhile like the best turret bloom of the game and on top of that better base acc and less bloom on the rest, again no comparison

Only armor wise the 252 is better, and even there, the IS3 has bs turret armor is strong enough as it is, it can go hull down and tank tier 10 tanks if really needed, its side armor can troll almoat anything, just like the 252, the only real difference is the front armor, here the 252 is way better, and this give it a serious advantage in many situations, but overall, the IS3 is easy on par with the defender, if not still a bit better (yes, the IS3 is that good, it shits on anything, and it it wasnt for WG buffing all tier 9 tank so hard, the current IS3 would be a legit better tank as many former tier 9 tanks (loraine, pta, VK-B to name a few)

The only limit the IS3 knows is its ammo capacity...

1 hour ago, Waemoth said:

IS-3 has a lot more comfortable gun handling, and the turret is also quite a bit more reliable. Apart from that I agree though.

See above, IS3 is perfection, 10/10 you cant improve that