Jump to content
Bullroarerr

No Grok TD, or how I really suck at TD's

Recommended Posts

I suck at TD's. I suck at camping, I suck at pushing my E3, I suck at relocating the Grille. I get penetrated in my E4 more then a crackwhore gets penetrated. I suck at TD's 

 

I wouldn't even play TD's except for the missions and i have been stuck on TD15-3 for about 5 months, the only thing holding up a nice T-55a in my garage is 6k damage in a TD.

 

I've watched replays, reviews and guides...

 

Any of you ever overcome terminal illness of a tank line?

Or maybe if I get enough abuse in here on how I suck at TD's I'll build up some karma and finish my fucking mission :)

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bullroarerr said:

I suck at TD's. I suck at camping, I suck at pushing my E3, I suck at relocating the Grille. I get penetrated in my E4 more then a crackwhore gets penetrated. I suck at TD's 

 

I wouldn't even play TD's except for the missions and i have been stuck on TD15-3 for about 5 months, the only thing holding up a nice T-55a in my garage is 6k damage in a TD.

 

I've watched replays, reviews and guides...

 

Any of you ever overcome terminal illness of a tank line?

Or maybe if I get enough abuse in here on how I suck at TD's I'll build up some karma and finish my fucking mission :)

Simple solution that works perfectly for me: don't play TDs :doge: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bullroarerr said:

I suck at TD's. I suck at camping, I suck at pushing my E3, I suck at relocating the Grille. I get penetrated in my E4 more then a crackwhore gets penetrated. I suck at TD's 

 

I wouldn't even play TD's except for the missions and i have been stuck on TD15-3 for about 5 months, the only thing holding up a nice T-55a in my garage is 6k damage in a TD.

 

I've watched replays, reviews and guides...

 

Any of you ever overcome terminal illness of a tank line?

Or maybe if I get enough abuse in here on how I suck at TD's I'll build up some karma and finish my fucking mission :)

 

 

 

6k is easy. Find an armored TD, Don't get so close your casemate shows its sides. Win. You won't have great win rate but doing a lot of damage on some maps should be same as in other tanks. 

Also if you get penetrated in your e4 do you get penetrated a lot in your other heavies with iffy armor? Ffs you have great pen and great alpha. It's not a difficult tank to play

Link to post
Share on other sites

What tanks are you good with? It may be more about finding the tank that works with your play style than it is about trying to create a new play style.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also fucking hate sitting around in slow TDs.  I'm surprised you haven't nailed it with the Grille though...that means you don't like well armored slow TDs nor fast high-depression glass canons?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thundercrack said:

I also fucking hate sitting around in slow TDs.  I'm surprised you haven't nailed it with the Grille though...that means you don't like well armored slow TDs nor fast high-depression glass canons?

Just like me :doge: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only TDs I enjoy playing are the boomsticks that I tend to follow the heavies around in.  Camping is for the birds, I go where the HP are and cuddle behind muh heavies punishing peekers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/12/2016 at 5:27 PM, Archaic_One said:

The only TDs I enjoy playing are the boomsticks that I tend to follow the heavies around in.  Camping is for the birds, I go where the HP are and cuddle behind muh heavies punishing peekers.

Have an upvote for some low rated potato downvoting you because you are playing the tanks right and he isn't.

That is how you should play tanks like Borsig and WT4. Borsig is the king at following around heavies with the 15cm and blabbing them in the face, especially in T10 games because enemies are busy shooting other T10s instead of you, giving you free damage with that 334 HEAT.
Borsig is probably the best support for heavies in the whole game in a brawl like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I managed to get TD15 last night finally. Immediately sold my TD's and it felt good.

 

The T55a is a real fun and good tank, glad I stuck it out through all those shitty TD games I played

 

And, if I was on anyone's team in my TD the last few months- Sorry I sucked

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

'Stranger is a Strange land' quote, nice

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Adecas said:

'Stranger is a Strange land' quote, nice

Misquote. You can't 'grok' an object. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kilpanic said:

Misquote. You can't 'grok' an object. 

 

Unless you completely devour it

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2017 at 8:59 AM, Kilpanic said:

Misquote. You can't 'grok' an object. 

Of course you can. You can grok a concept, a philosophy, a language, a culture, an object, anything physical or conceptual that can be described can also be grokked.

The direct translation from Heinlein's fictional Martian language is "to drink" something, but of course that is not literal. You metaphorically "drink" the idea, you merge with the concept of it, and a complete understanding of it infuses your very being, it becomes equal to you. You can grok TD's and applesauce, physics and the Martian language, all can be grokked.

It looks like you don't grok grokking.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...