RGM79GM

M46 or T110E5

So I bought the M46KR and VK4503 on advent calendar and I've calculated that'll give me enough free exp to get either the M46+top gun or the T110E5, currently my highest tier tank is the M103 as my only tier 9 and I'm really not interested in playing anything below tier 9 anymore than I have to as I'm not good at fighting up +2 tiers which happens an awful lot. I won't sell the M103 as after selling my already ground out 6s,7s and 8s I have enough silver to afford the T110E5 and equip it with spare optics/rammer/stab, also having 2 9s or a 9+10 is better than running a single 10+8s. I can't decide between the M46 and T110E5 as I'm not sure which would help push my skill development further.

I'd get the M46 and continue to really learn the game. The gun handling is OP OP OP, but you'll need to develop a lot of map awareness to really use it to the most effect. Plus really, tier 9's are just way more fun overall than tier 10s are in the most cases!

I'd agree with Marine here and recommend the M46. While the E5 is a rolling ball of "OP OP OP", the M46 will be a lot better in terms of player progression because it teaches you not only about exposure, but also vision, trading (because noarmor), and weakspots (because lowpen), things players have to improve on in order to be better.

But I'm just a blue though, don't listen to me :doge:

40 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

I'd get the M46 and continue to really learn the game. The gun handling is OP OP OP, but you'll need to develop a lot of map awareness to really use it to the most effect. Plus really, tier 9's are just way more fun overall than tier 10s are in the most cases!

I think kewei wrote up something on the M46 related to exposure and inconveniencing the enemy. I'll post it if I can find it again.

2 hours ago, RGM79GM said:

So I bought the M46KR and VK4503 on advent calendar and I've calculated that'll give me enough free exp to get either the M46+top gun or the T110E5, currently my highest tier tank is the M103 as my only tier 9 and I'm really not interested in playing anything below tier 9 anymore than I have to as I'm not good at fighting up +2 tiers which happens an awful lot. I won't sell the M103 as after selling my already ground out 6s,7s and 8s I have enough silver to afford the T110E5 and equip it with spare optics/rammer/stab, also having 2 9s or a 9+10 is better than running a single 10+8s. I can't decide between the M46 and T110E5 as I'm not sure which would help push my skill development further.

2k games and already looking close to two tier Xs?

It also looks like you want to put a fresh crew into the E5 - Don't. Never put fresh crews in a tier 8+ tank unless premium and training one up.

When it comes to resetting crews - to do it on the cheap retrain your crews to 90% using credits - that keeps your crew skills which helps offset that 10%, then train them up in a prem tank or your normal tank. 

NEVER USE FREE XP FOR TANKS, only ever use it for modules saving you from doing stock grinds.

As you have the awesome (and about to become more awesome) Ripper Patton go down the M46 route and build up one mega crew so that you have 4/5 perks before you unleash them later in the M48. Work on your crews first, learn the game a bit more and then step into tier X

M46, whilst not as OP as the E5 will help you learn how to be flexible in games which will pay off big-time when you get your E5 as that's a pretty capable/flexible tank.

You have fallen foul of the main beginners error which is rushing to tier X, slow down a little and build up some good crews first!

Looks like others here wont agree with me but whatever. If you are sure you want to spend free xp for one if those two tanks im not gonna argue about that with you.

Now as per your question. Id recommend going for the E5 and selling m103.

Reasoning for that is that tier 10meta is step up from what youve been playing so far. You dont have to fight your tank aswell as the enemy anymore. You can focus on pure gameplay thus you will improve much more and much faster. At least thats how it went for me.

Also E5 is a very forgiving machine that will let you get away with some mistakes, but dont get to comfortable. E5 does have amazing armour and gun but good players will still kill you easily if you make a mistake. What makes E5 op is the fact that you wont die AS quickly as you would in some other heavy.

That is also the reason why i think you should sell m103 and use good crew on E5. E5 fixes all the things that are wrong with m103. Its a straight up upgrade.

On the m46 part od the question. His tank is AMAZING. But its hard to play. You dont have any armour, you are not the fastest and you dont have the best cammo. You need to be really good in reading the flow of the battle to use that tanks to its full advantage. But when you get a hold of that m46 shines above all other tier 9s imo.

2k games and near 2 tier 10s because I bought those 100% xp things last year and also did some other x5 XP for a victory missions on premiums.

I forgot to mention I have the patriot so I have 1 more US heavy tank crew but they only have 1 skill( 6th+repairs), my M103 crew also only have 1 skill(working on 2nd) as I made a n00b error and bought new crews for each new tank in the line.

If I had to make the decision with no input I guess I'd go for T110E5 but now I'm probably going to get M46 as that's where the weight of opinion lies. I'd move the Pershing crew( 1 skill,working on 2nd) to the M46 since with the KR getting buffed I don't really need to keep the Pershing around and I dislike how much tier 8 fights tier 10s, so outside of generating free exp or progressing lines I'm disinclined to play anything below tier 9 now I'm there.

Both solid choices, personally, I like my M46 over my E5, but that's just me. The M46 play style is same to Pershing, but since you have a 105mm and 390 some alpha, you start racking up damages.

Ask yourself, you want to fit in and roll with the heavies more often? Or, do you want to have the mobility and go do damages as a medium tank?

2k games? Just get the E5, you'll probably be a lot safer. 

13 hours ago, RGM79GM said:

I forgot to mention I have the patriot so I have 1 more US heavy tank crew but they only have 1 skill( 6th+repairs), my M103 crew also only have 1 skill(working on 2nd) as I made a n00b error and bought new crews for each new tank in the line.

As long as you have the top gun on the M103 it is a great tier 9 tank, personally I'd stick with that and your Patriot until you have two perks and working on your third before stepping in to tier X.

It's a personal choice but I would seriously contemplate slowing down a bit - after all you said you made a noob error, now you need time to recover from that error. Going in to tier X without decent crew skills (depends on tank but for a heavy you'd want 6th sense, repairs and vision perks at a minimum).

I don't think I had my first tier X until about 4k games (T57 Heavy) and I sucked in it, took me ages to work out how to use it effectively and it wasn't until I got 4 perks and learnt how the perks affected overall play that I started to improve massively. Tier X does however teach you how to be an effective top tier player - i.e. you don't want to rush and die instantly as you have a very important gun, armour and pool of hitpoints; but at the same time if you are too passive then you will simply get overrun.

Everyone has the ability to be in the same tank as you, not everyone has the ability to have the same crew as you - most of the 'low stats' tier X players used fresh crews and/or just don't know their tanks.

E5 is definitely  the better tank and a great vehicle to have in your garage for CW and everything. Im going for one myself because of how OP that fucker is. But if you play the M46 correctly its a blast and is a much better learning experience. As a player with only 2.5k battles and already preforming pretty well you should go with the M46. I wish I was as good as you at 2k battles lmao. You got some major potential bro. keep learning, keep tanking and you'll be a unicorn in no time. 

On 7. 12. 2016 at 3:07 PM, vernl said:

My advice, use the freeXP to unlock top modules on tanks, don't freeXP through lines when you have only one tier 9 unlocked anyways.

This. You  don't wanna free xp the tanks, unless they are really bad *cough cough* sturer emil. You don't wanna be that dude that bought lowe and has 1k games.

5 hours ago, Joyrider216 said:

Go M46, much better learning tool and will teach you a lot more than the e5 would. 

Personally I would think M103 --> E5 would be better. He's already got the crews and although it's the Easy5, you still can't go full retard. 

Each will teach you roughly the same of what you need to know but in different categories. M46 is more about maximizing damage without getting hit as will punish you for overstaying/peeking and teach you the importance of early damage, constant mobility, and vision mechanics. The E5 route is more 'balanced' in what it will teach. It will teach you to be mindful of when you rotate your turret (via m103 and some E5), not overexposing yourself (via double ammo racks), some vision, flanking is still important, and calculated aggression (you can still go balls to the wall in the E5 but naturally you'd do far better being calculated). That and the E5 is more forgiving so it'd be easier to learn all of it and apply to the M46.