View range: 350 m

Alpha Damage: 390 / 390 / 480
Penetration: 288 / 330 / 53 mm
Reload time: 10,2 s
Accuracy at 100 m: 0,4
Aiming time: 3,0 s

Full stats will come later.

--------------------------

Not surprised considering Swedes has no crew trainer for top tiers. Will we also see some kind of premium HT? (another Emil variant, maybe?)

God this thing is sexy. I hope it gets a 50mm UFP. I was about to berate WG for being lazy af and making another clone, but apparently this is not so. 

Historical: http://tankarchives.blogspot.hk/2016/02/turretless-swede-strv-s.html
Google translate is hard: http://warspot.ru/4133-bezbashennyy-shved

Survivor http://warspot.ru/4138-ob-ektivnyy-vzglyad-43-fotografii-tanka-strv-s

Edit: Pasholok says 40 mm historical armour. f

It's modelled on one of the first two prototypes for the 103, yep. It did (and does) exist in reality, just like the 0-series.

i dont know.... gun stats are kinda weak, other then penetration, they might be alot better in siege mode. Will see how it turns out

1 hour ago, Crossfader said:

i dont know.... gun stats are kinda weak, other then penetration, they might be alot better in siege mode. Will see how it turns out

Ignore aimtime/accuracy because those will be much better on Siege mode.

I predict that its basically UDES 03 that trades top speed for ability to actually bounce stuff (UDES, after overmatch changes, has no armor) and no akward way to elevate/depress the gun like UDES does (it can elevate the gun normally, but on siege mode it becomes very akward, because it both angles gun and uses hydraulic supension).

3 hours ago, leggasiini said:

(UDES, after overmatch changes, has no armor)

dont all the swede TD's have no armor have the changes ?

1 minute ago, Crossfader said:

dont all the swede TD's have no armor have the changes ?

The tier 9/10's armor is from most parts still autobounce against 120mm and smaller guns. UDES has literally no armor (76mm guns can 3x overmatch it).

On 11/12/2016 at 6:27 AM, Fabunil said:

Sadly it will be mostly useless for CW/SH because lol IS-3 spam

Eveything is useless after is3 spam.

Imagine the weird lineups that would occur if no lights, is3s, and t32s were allowed....

2 hours ago, garryallen said:

Imagine the weird lineups that would occur if no lights, is3s, and t32s were allowed....

Liberte + Patriot spam?

I guess inferior IS-3 clones (IS-3A, IS-5 and 110) would maybe see some use aswell, although former two has much worse gun while latter lacks damage and has more situational armor layout.

3 hours ago, garryallen said:

42 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Liberte + Patriot spam?

I guess inferior IS-3 clones (IS-3A, IS-5 and 110) would maybe see some use aswell, although former two has much worse gun while latter lacks damage and has more situational armor layout.

inb4 111/112 full HEAT spam

'There's no reason that a fake cannot surpass the original.'

'Tanks blow up when they are ammoracked.'

Odd they didn't decide to use this as the actual tier 8, then you'd have the evolution of Strv-S, Strv 103-0, Strv 103B.

Tempted to get this just to spend some time with the suspension system without having to bother grinding the tree first and then see if I can make it work/fun. 

Not going to be the most cost-effective premium even with the high pen, current shells for the tier 8 cost 1160 for 390 damage. That's literally double the shell cost of an M4 Rev, for the same alpha, it's even more expensive per point of damage than an FV4202 (P). 

I'm interested, but not sure how the thing will compare to other Tier VIII TDs, considering where they all stand in tier. I'll wait and see, depending how the whole tree fares. 

17 hours ago, AGK47 said:

I'm interested, but not sure how the thing will compare to other Tier VIII TDs, considering where they all stand in tier. I'll wait and see, depending how the whole tree fares. 

Is it onle me or does it make su101 and amx 48 look really dumb

20 hours ago, WorldConqueror said:

Most things (including other tier 8 TDs) do. :serb:

The high alpha ones will be fine given you can still trade with them and are more useful in cities and corridors. Meds at least have turrets but those 2? They are fucked. 

21 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Is it only me or does it make su101 and amx 48 look really dumb

Turretless TDs in general are fucked by the map and armour changes, those two lines all the more so. They didn't need the strv-s to make them look dumb.

50 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

The high alpha ones will be fine given you can still trade with them and are more useful in cities and corridors. Meds at least have turrets but those 2? They are fucked. 

Oh yeah I meant that those 2 are outclassed by everything rather than the strv outclassing everything.

2 hours ago, WorldConqueror said:

Oh yeah I meant that those 2 are outclassed by everything rather than the strv outclassing everything.

2 hours ago, lavawing said:

Turretless TDs in general are fucked by the map and armour changes, those two lines all the more so. They didn't need the strv-s to make them look dumb.

I agree. They are shit. The only thing is this is similar in being fairly mobile, low alpha TD but one that may not be super bad. It only shows that WG has forgot about those lines and has no idea what to do with them (101 new gun is nice but the dpm is trash with it so it's still meh). Hell some other TD's like the Ferdie got buffs yet 101 stayed shit. I don't get it. 

18 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

I agree. They are shit. The only thing is this is similar in being fairly mobile, low alpha TD but one that may not be super bad. It only shows that WG has forgot about those lines and has no idea what to do with them (101 new gun is nice but the dpm is trash with it so it's still meh). Hell some other TD's like the Ferdie got buffs yet 101 stayed shit. I don't get it. 

The Strv does have the perk of being laser accurate and having presumably excellent aim time. Both the 101 and the 1948 have terrible aimtimes to the point that at mid ranges you'd probably be more accurate in an IS-3.

8 minutes ago, lavawing said:

The Strv does have the perk of being laser accurate and having presumably excellent aim time. Both the 101 and the 1948 have terrible aimtimes to the point that at mid ranges you'd probably be more accurate in an IS-3.

IS3 has amazing turret dispersion which helps it a lot. But yeah. 1948 can't hit shit. It just surprises me. If WG buffs 50 120 because of EMIL then buff the 1948 and 101 because of the STRV's.