Joyrider216

Race to the Kranvagn

So I tried streaming, and that didn't work, sorry guys.

In other news, I aced the T3 and am on the T4 now with stock everything, gud times.

Just grinded through tier 5, and bought this baby:

MJoZBmS.jpg

Impressions of Strv m/42 (tier 5):

I dont know, its...alright. The alpha is impressive, has great depression (which is so good it felt overkill; i almost never got to use the full -15 depression), and reverse speed is pretty good for peek-a-boo battles. Armor is however trash (cant bully most of tier 3s which sucks), RoF sucks, module damage is awful (engine and ammorack are especiall fragile; if you played that prem tank you will know what i am talking about), gun is pretty derpy (but it is expected for having 50% higher alpha than most mediums in its tier). The worst thing however is penetration. 110/140 just wont cut it in tier 7 battles.

Its alright, not great, not bad. 

The tier 6 medium looks somewhat interesting. It has awesome gun handling (for a tier 6) and looks only slightly less mobile than an E8. The DPM is a little lower but with the gun handling and alpha the effective DPM is probably just as good as the US mediums. It also gets a lot more penetration. It's just a bit papery.

The tier 7 medium is a bit weird. With the top gun it reminds me of a T20 - a little bit more mobile but bad aim time and accuracy. It also loses the glorious APCR round of the US 90mm. I think it would also be viable to run this tank with the 75mm gun - it becomes a Comet with a little less DPM but some really awesome gun handling.

I'm still trying to sort through the tanks to see if any of them are worth grinding. Thus far I'm not too impressed....

54 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

The tier 6 medium looks somewhat interesting. It has awesome gun handling (for a tier 6) and looks only slightly less mobile than an E8. The DPM is a little lower but with the gun handling and alpha the effective DPM is probably just as good as the US mediums. It also gets a lot more penetration. It's just a bit papery.

The tier 7 medium is a bit weird. With the top gun it reminds me of a T20 - a little bit more mobile but bad aim time and accuracy. It also loses the glorious APCR round of the US 90mm. I think it would also be viable to run this tank with the 75mm gun - it becomes a Comet with a little less DPM but some really awesome gun handling.

I'm still trying to sort through the tanks to see if any of them are worth grinding. Thus far I'm not too impressed....

I made a dig through the lower and mid tiers today and didn't find anything to get excited about. Will pass on the Swedes for now.  

42 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

I made a dig through the lower and mid tiers today and didn't find anything to get excited about. Will pass on the Swedes for now.  

The TDs in particular have my attention. The tier 1-5 I'll skip out on, but the tier 6/7 TD look pretty good tier for tier. no armor, good camo, great gun dep, fast, decent guns with good gun handling and pen, but shit dpm.

5 minutes ago, _Assad said:

The TDs in particular have my attention. The tier 1-5 I'll skip out on, but the tier 6/7 TD look pretty good tier for tier. no armor, good camo, great gun dep, fast, decent guns with good gun handling and pen, but shit dpm.

You aren't wrong.  I'm still classist against TDs though! 

Just now, CraBeatOff said:

You aren't wrong.  I'm still classist against TDs though! 

This line is unique and everyone that was telling me it was too situational before are now dropping buckets of gold to free xp the damned thing. Given they are total trash in city maps, but otherwise they can abuse boosts and camouflage. And a 6s reload with 390 alpha, 308 pen APCR,  at tier 10 seems far too enticing for me to pass up.

Finished tier 6, now to Leo!

Impressions:

Very good tank imo, one of the most fun tier 6s ive played. The gun is amazing; apart from below average DPM its simply great. Hits very nicely and aims quickly. -15 depression is awesome but again, like with tier 5, kinda "overkill" in the case it was often unnecessary, although at some situations it was awesome. The only true drawback is tall shilouette, module damage and no armor. Just dont take hits.

This thing has tons of potential at damage farmer/statpadder unless it will have retarded expected values. I dont think it will be CW/SH viable, though. Bit too slow i guess.

Played Leo and man that gun handling is fucking ass. I might end up using 7,5cm and play it just like Strv 74 albeit with lot more mobility, HP and DPM, which says quite alot because i generally love boomsticks, but will see.

Free exp'ed to Emil 1, could have gotten to Emil 2, but want to train crew more before going up.

Emil 1 is very nice and i enjoy it a lot.

I have 77k to go till Emil I, and I'm loving the Leo, the faster speed and 300 alpha make it like a better t20 in that sense. The lolpen 246 apcr is sorely missed though.

Gun handling of Emil I is...poor.  More trolly than an STB.  This coupled with meh pen, and already low DPM makes for an even more trolly tank.  I think the play style is best described as similar to the T57 heavy.

This all said, I am having fun in it.

55 minutes ago, rurickjames said:

Gun handling of Emil I is...poor.  More trolly than an STB.  This coupled with meh pen, and already low DPM makes for an even more trolly tank.  I think the play style is best described as similar to the T57 heavy.

This all said, I am having fun in it.

More like T57 that trades DPM and intra reload for reliable turret armor and -12 depression.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_n8hiQ2Krv8OUtISmxjTEkyVms

After grinding the emil 1 from completely stock, here are the first two games with the top gun. It was so nice to be able to do more than 2k damage. More replays to follow since I was dead exhausted during those games.

Playing with 179 pen really highlighted how autoloaders need good situations to perform well, I was able to do 3.2k dmg in a t10 game with that penetration. I will probably write a guide on the concept.