Sign in to follow this  
Tupinambis

It's time to start grinding german heavies again.

43 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Maus after buffs is actually almost like that, just lot slower

It's...interesting what they're doing to the Maus since it's basically skirting TD territory. IMO the snail heavies and the slow turreted TDs always had much in common, it was just that the heavives got the effective armour and the TDs the effective guns and both extremes were terrible to play to anyone with half a functional cebebrum.

Maus seems to be getting both in the near future and the thing is I'm not sure whether I can decide this is a welcome change or not. While it's never going to be as retard proof as the Type 5 with the derp (since HE does more damage), it's probably going to be a monster in the hands of yellows/greens who at least have the technical aspects of gameplay nailed. For unicums I can see that it's going to be annoying to play and play against. It's far, far too slow to flex, so it's probably not fun to most people except masochists like that legolasini or something. But the huge HP pool and the laser like nature of the gun will mean that you will always have to trade HP to kill this no-longer-retarded roadblock in much the same way that fighting Conquerors with decent drivers is annoying since you will always lose health in return. The reds must be happy, though. I am sure about that.

As for the VK line, I'd rather they turned it into a quirky heavium line which is at least something new. Rear-mounted heaviums is something that is lacking in the game except in maybe the A-44, the Obj 430 2 and the 215b and I'm quite certain it will be a welcome change if they go down that path. The Germans do not need 3 flavours of bricks, 2 is already too much, I'd argue. But then shitters might complain. They always do.

One more thing, the E-75 is said to be getting a gun handling buff soon. While I do appreciate the sentiment and from my experience mid range engagements are anathema to the tank, I do hope they don't go full retard and give it IS-3 bloom or something. There is enough bullshit in this game and the last thing I want is an E-75 that can magically snapshot. One can only hope.

On 17/12/2016 at 3:24 PM, leggasiini said:

WAT DID U JUST SAY

tbh i dont think that its "good" for gameplay, but im still glad that Type 5 can finally revenge all of those who was able to bounce its 14cm reliably while spamming gold at it :serb: 

These tanks will just be a massive pain in the arse to fight now, the ultimate bob mobiles, armour that doesn't (can't) need angling and has no weakspots, and now a gun that doesn't need aiming either.

Every other heavy tank will just be frustrating to play, it's bad enough with the O-Ho derp idiots around, was playing in the Emil 2 yesterday with a platoon mate in the 430 v2 on the stupid Paris map against a platoon of O-Hos and they were doing like 400 plus damage to the side of sidescraping 430 2 and like 350 to an Emil 2 turret, no aim needed, no aiming for weakspots just consistent annoying damage in the hands of two complete bobs. 

Give players that option and they'll take it, even if the normal gun is a better option if you know what you are doing. WG should be doing everything to reduce the amount of HE 'fuck your armour' damage, not encouraging more of it.

On a side note I'd be tempted to buy the Maus back with these changes, just to DPM the crap out of people spamming APCR, a slow rail gun is basically what the Maus will be with these buffs. Probably won't even need a v-stab. 

Yeah i kinda agree that its not good for gameplay, atleast.

Im not sure if it will be still popular, though. If they further directly nerf O-I it will be literally unplayable but STILL broken. O-Ho, despite it has derp gun, is not THAT easy for bobs to make work properly due to depression on front limiting its capabilities. Thats actually one reason why i prefer O-Ho over other Jap heavies. Its pretty brainless but only when you know how to be properly brainless. Bit like KV-5.

Type 5 would be not that hard to fix, actually. Nerf lowerplate armor to ~240mm but buff upper flat area to ~300mm, remove cheeks, make mantle much tougher (or at very least make it spaced armor), make cupola smaller but weaker and finally buff penetration of both ammo aswell as buff accuracy. And there you go, it would be somewhere between Maus and E100 with its own few unique tricks.

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

On a side note I'd be tempted to buy the Maus back with these changes, just to DPM the crap out of people spamming APCR, a slow rail gun is basically what the Maus will be with these buffs. Probably won't even need a v-stab. 

INB4 superheavy spall liner meta

5 hours ago, tajj7 said:

If you really want to just not give a fuck about the upcoming type 4 and type 5 derp guns, the maus with SH spall liner is definitely the way to go

On 12/17/2016 at 0:57 PM, Fabunil said:

This is a big "fuck you" to anyone who has picked the VK in the CW-event.

Besides that, the Faillöwe is about as ahistorical as it gets, irl it would have been simply a lighter Löwe with a backmounted turret and less armor than the prebuff Löwe (and no boomstick but the 10.5 of the Löwe) and this obviously wouldn´t work at tier 10.

Same goes for the VK 45.02 B which is why I though they were originally going to replace it with the Mäuschen.

My clan try-harded ourselves a dozen or so VKs during campaign 2 -- and then collapsed due to the time requirements and spousal repercussions.

So It's even bigger FU to people like us. All that work for a unique camo? Fucking hell.

I reckon the tech tree Vk will have a 12.8cm and be more Maus like.

@Korb3n_Dallas Yep interesting question, hope they clarify this before they do the changes and do it like the recent IJN Destroyer rework in WOWs where people got both ships in their port.

That way people can know to buy the VKB back in advance and might get two tier 9s.