monjardin

What’s Ahead for World of Tanks

45 minutes ago, Super_Rybak said:

Have you played against 4 FV304s once? You'd regret your life.

It's a step in the right direction, but artillery is still an important part of the game balance.

What happens when you remove arty from the game could be seen in the Confrontation game mode.

Confrontation game mode was aids because nations are not balanced against each other arty had nothing to do, in the game there's barely any balnce at all as is (2 or 3 viable tanks per tier if you want to be able to carry more often than not).

@CandyVanMan @Crossfader @HELIONIST

Arty removal will never happen, instead: " Also on the docket in this phase are aiming improvements, including the introduction of an alternative aim similar to Battle Assistant. "

As in, they will buff them further which is horrible, even they receive a nerf regarding to alpha damage, constantly splashing / retracking you will cause the game becoming more and more erratic which is hard already with this amount of <48% bobs in one game, either team-wise. Your team wins 10-0 with 2 shots of damage, or the other way around, both ends are bad enough.

But the main reason they will not touch arty is what I experienced since I play the game (2013) is that they would lose (estimately) 20-30% (or even higher) of their playerbase:

the "simple" man, as usual coworkers, fathers, younger students, etc. go home from a hard day in work / school and they don't want to analyze, plan, execute, help you out in the game, because regardless its a multiplayer online game, they see it as a normal common one "where you can drive a german tonk kingtiger yas" and they could give a shit about yours, the teams, or their own statistics and so on.

WG realized that these players needed a class that could provide them with a somewhat uplifting experience thus they created and formed the class to "help them out" (and ofc for prevent camping haha yes) - this part is maybe a stretch I know -.

So the average WOT player just pop-in game, sit in the gw tiger and lose/win with 2300/780 dmg (usually the latter from one splash which is you). But they don't care, they select bc arty and next battle.

In the meantime they can talk with their wifes and children, eat, wank, read a book and they experience that "good" feeling which is: "ya dirty is-7 I killed you from 1670 hp hahahaha" and they feel relieved.

Basically there are unspeakably many players like these (I imagine), the ones who always oneshot / retracks / splash you for 1300 in cgc; - are players who had 4500 battles in a gw panther or hummel, etc.

It's sad situation, but nothing we can do about it, only rant on various forums or go out and have a ran or read book, either one is better than sitting in front of the computer.

Huh, I'm feeling better naw. Bless.

picked the VK 72 2 days ago purely because of uniqueness and the upcoming buff, top fucking kek.

Also that arty change is hilarious, 5 arty games are so rare they were never a problem...

2 hours ago, Nkrlz said:

arty 3 hours waiting for a game, the retard quits.

I would like to correct myself i think i'm worng here as arty will not have longer queue times but instead shorter games becasue there will be less games w/o arty, or not? (someone with a functioning brian do the math) I mean you can have 2 games with 3 & 2 and 2 arty per side instead of one without arty and one with 5 per side. So WG like always manages to fuck everyone up even more.

6 hours ago, Crossfader said:

the long and painful decay of WoT continues, only reason they can get away with this as long as they have is a complete lack of competition, shame AW was such a fuck up

2014 will be remembered as the best year for WoT

It currently is, but I did some testing of the total balance pass coming out in February (early model) (you can see a version in Russian streams) and its damn good. The main problem wont be the game or developers (modelers moving to russia but balance is staying at OE), it will be population. Population is at a point where its a death spiral caused by itself, and it will need both Steam and major streamers to kickstart it. The game itself will have exceptionally fair power scaling, for one, and the removal of overhead arty... so there is that. 

Seriously. Post Balance 2.0 AW will be better than wot, especially with how wot is going downhill. The problem is that it could be / probably will be too late.

3 hours ago, Stridsvagn 74 said:

Seriously. Post Balance 2.0 AW will be better than wot, especially with how wot is going downhill. The problem is that it could be / probably will be too late.

i do hope so, i miss the terminator

As I said in my own thread,our lord and savior Quickybaby made a great suggestion about arty during one of his streams that I agree with.There should be a max limit of 2 arties per team,but one in every 5 games has a chance of getting NO arty.This way,you're not constantly getting harassed by multiple clickers and are still able to have those epic hull-down games where you can kemp all you want.I also think T9 and 10 arty should be removed.

7 minutes ago, robosapieo said:

As I said in my own thread,our lord and savior Quickybaby made a great suggestion about arty during one of his streams that I agree with.There should be a max limit of 2 arties per team,but one in every 5 games has a chance of getting NO arty.This way,you're not constantly getting harassed by multiple clickers and are still able to have those epic hull-down games where you can kemp all you want.I also think T9 and 10 arty should be removed.

Arty is bad, punishes active players. 

Example Westfield, hard working, ridge poking getting fucked (most of times HTs) while retards camp bush in 0 line with TDS at A3, G1 i think. 

Teo arty on that map is nightmare, 2 aoutoloading artys is genocide. 

I can go on and one, but that randomness of arty and no possibility to deal direct with is wrong. I would rather be one shoted by 183 every single game than splash by arty. Because 183 is there to deal with, to out maneuver it, but arty just shits on you with no threat on themselves.

Wot is seriously, as concept, absolutely fantastic game. A F2P MMO with 400 different tanks with very addicting and well mase grind system is just so well done. Imagine it as super good, awesome car of dreams that has been filled with shit.

Wot is both shit and great. If WG would be somewhat more intelligent in actually developing the game, they should fix these:

- Rework lowtiers. This is biggest thing that needs a fix. There is so many stuff that are completely wrong with lowtiers.

1. Give tier 3 and 4 pref mm. There is absolutely no reason for tier 3 to face tier 5, or even tier 4 to face tier 6. Grinding to tier 3 without prem acc takes even for someone with sub 100 WN8 (aka 95% of players who are reaching T3 first time) only like 20 games at maximum. What the hell can T-46 do against O-I Exp? It cant reliably pen it, it cant even run away from it, and it can get oneshotted by it. Lets not even talk about derp mediums (we will go there later on). Tier 4 should still have pref mm because reaching those tiers wont take still very long no matter how bad you are.

2. Increase amount of tutorials. Give people guides about each tank class, tactics like flanking, hulldownning, sidescraping etc.

3. Make a "tier limit". This would be healthy change for everyone. Make it so that you need certain amount of battles to unlock any next tier vehicle. Tier 2 has no limit but tier 3 has 10-20, tier 4 40-50, tier 5 around ~100, tier 6 around ~200, etc. My numbers ofc are not probably the best but you get my point. It would prevent people rushing one line up and have tier 8 after less than 1k battles after and have no idea how game works and how to make credits because your only tank is stock IS-3 that meets tier 10s with 175mm pen.

3.5 Do same thing with premium tanks. When you unlock tier 3, you can unlock ability to buy tier 3 premiums, when you unlock tier 4, you unlock ability to buy tier 4s etc. Who doesnt hate having 50 WN8 Löwe with less than 100 battles in your team? This would prevent people from buying high tier prem tanks right away after they start game instead of actually learning the game.

4. Make a clear note about economy system. Make people actually realize that without prem account, after tier 5 tanks will become actually more expensive to run.

5. Like zap said, tier 5 derp guns are retarded. One option would be removing them, but its not only one. Remove HEAT from all 105/122 derps. Then nerf HE pen to like 10 at max to prevent oneshots. 

6. Do something for broken ass tanks on lowtiers. O-I Exp will be trashed soon (although im slightly worried about front armor buff), and Hetzer wouldnt be really as scary with derp nerfs, but there are more. Now that Matilda doesnt meet tier 6 anymore (with my earlier proposal)  the 2pdr with 120mm needs to be just removed, and there, its balanced. T67 is fucking aids piece of shit. Camo + turret + -10 depression + that DPM is super idiotic. Nerf DPM to around ~13 (im serious) aswell as nerf acceleration so it has at best 20 hp/ton. At trade off increase accuracy a bit aswell as traverse speed. Make it closer to mediums in same tier, even less survivability and less turret traverse but better gun handling and camo. Both KV-1 and 1S could use slight RoF nerfs on their 85mm guns.

6.5 Stop selling tanks like Pz 2 J or KV-220-2. Seriously.

Now lowtiers/stuff for people who just started game will be better, now into actual game:

- 3-5-7 mm (or whatever it is called) is coming and imo great. This way when you get bottom tier you atleast have several equal opponents to fight from while top tiers are having tons of fun. Everyone is happy! Seriously, its best way to "avoid" +/- 1 MM, as it looks like WG wants to.

- QB's suggestion about arty (max two and every 5th game you have arty-free game) is actually great. Add that, and ban arty platoons: max 1 arty per platoon. WoWs already implemented this for carriers, so i dont see reason why Wot shouldnt have similsr sydtem for arties.

- Arty removal would be, for us, the best option. We are minority however, and like mentioned earlier there is risk that removing arty would actually decrease the playerbase rather than increasing it. Rework is possible, but it in itself is own topic and wont list everything that needs to changed. As put simple, remove most of HE pen snd decrease alpha, buff splash or something and give arta ability to shoot AP/HEAT only at close range.

- Rework premium ammo so it deals less damage.

- Tier 10 TDs needs massive overhaul. Only tier 10 TD that isnt either broken and/or piece of trash is Obj 263. Its actually almost fine the way it is. As for rest:

- Obj 268: decrease bloom values significantly, aswell as lower aim time, increase depression to -8, increase health to ~2.1k. As IRL it was notably taller it probably gets slight camo nerf when it gets HD model. These changes would help it at corridor meta.

- Grille: nerf top speed to 45 and give it full turret traverse and marginal camo increase. The top speed with that gun is wayyy too much. If mobility stays the gun would need a nerf then. Sanic mobility + brutal firepower (without severe flaws like Bat with poor acc, long reload and very low ammo capacity) doesnt fit together. 

- E3: pretty alright, but needs some fixing. Either increase LFP armor of health to 2.4k but nerf APCR pen

- E4: Increase LFP, turret cheek and cupola armor. Increase HP a bit. Nerf APCR like with E3. Increase depression to -8. Make it actual "gimped heavy with TD gun", not "really gimped heavy with TD gun".

- 183s: Umm...this is hardest one. There is two options. One would be just removing HESH and call it a day. Imo there is however other eay it can be done. Remove AP round (its also quite broken and they never had AP shells). Decrease HESH damage to 1250 and make it non-premium ammo. Improve gun handling, accuracy and give them slightly better reload (more so for FV4005). Slightly improve health of 183 and its fine. For FV4005 make turret traverse fully and give it -8 depression, and top engine of Conway. Lastly give them both little more ammo.

- Jageru: Improve health, slightly nerf alpha but give it shorter reload and better gun handling. Nerf HEAT shells; penning IS-7 reliably from turret or Maus from angled UFP is seriously retarded.

- Foch: replace 155mm with 120mm gun. Give it similar stats as on Sandbox, expect very high penetration (two apcr with around 300/350 pen like Strv 103b). Improve side armor to 50. Restore mobility. 

- Strv 103b: Remove siege/travel mode mechanic. Instead, make it happen automatically without having to switch in between modes. At certain speed you can start to elevate and depress your gun. At 10 kph you can fully elevate and depress your gun. Going more than 10 will decrease amount of how much you can elevate and depress your tank. Faster you go, less you can elevate/depress. After reaching certain speed its not possible to depress or elevate the hull. Would be much more comfortable to play, and if it happens to be OP just nerf something afterwards.

-add new maps and rework old ones. Less corridors pls.

One thing I have long though I believe would make arty a lot better, as removing it seems to be not realistic solution: Somehow show where enemy arty is aiming. That would give some possibility to play against it, still would not help super-slow tanks much, but at least it would take away some of the anxiety you always get when there is arty, they make game less fun for you even if you don't get shot at all, it's enough just to know it could happen at any time. If you would know that arty is aiming on the other side of map, then you can play differently, and if you see it is aiming around, you can again do something about it. Perhaps also include "enemy arty fired" indicator, or make them visible after firing like in AW. In general, give some options to deal with arty and make it more two-sided affair.

Dammit, im awesome, i told you all:

Because believe me WG WILL make heavy tanks better no matter the cost / consequences... (and it wont be enough, unless they put everything from sandbox in, tier 10 tanks as a class need a nerf, many specific tanks need nerfs, all TDs need total rebalance and many mediums need to be ``rebalanced / redefined``, as long as a T62 is a better sniper as 268, an E100 can herp derp fuck up any tier 10 TD, and mediums can gold ammo spam tier 10 heavys to dead from 500m, tier 10 wont ever be balanced, even if WG gives all heavys 3k hp and all TDs 1k dmg alpha dmg...

only when skill scaling tier looks like this:

Skill_wot.png

Wg will stop buffing heavys / nerfing the rest, mark my words...

1 hour ago, GehakteMolen said:

Because believe me WG WILL make heavy tanks better no matter the cost / consequences... (and it wont be enough, unless they put everything from sandbox in, tier 10 tanks as a class need a nerf, many specific tanks need nerfs, all TDs need total rebalance and many mediums need to be ``rebalanced / redefined``, as long as a T62 is a better sniper as 268, an E100 can herp derp fuck up any tier 10 TD, and mediums can gold ammo spam tier 10 heavys to dead from 500m, tier 10 wont ever be balanced, even if WG gives all heavys 3k hp and all TDs 1k dmg alpha dmg...

Skill_wot.png

You are also modest lol.

2 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Skill_wot.png

You forgot one thing:

65wUgud.png

53 minutes ago, Trumpetah said:

You forgot one thing:

65wUgud.png

No its more like this:

fcd6Fec.png

Sub 300 WN8 player has absolutely no freaking idea how to play light tank. At best they just yolo into enemy base and die. On that skill level they sure perform better even on arty.

What is even more interesting for me are those new hightier LTs. Pics from Rita Blog

Ruskies 

15578561_1726374914356711_21930362839728

Stat pic enlarged with http://waifu2x.udp.jp/. Seems like it will get -5 gun depression and + 15 elevation. But this thing seems to get an 6 shot drum autoloader with 400+ turret armor :serb:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/05/14/soviet-tier-8-light-tank-confirmed/
http://alternathistory.livejournal.com/691063.html

Spoiler

t10042sl6.png

But what will be T9? My guess some sort of PT tank like the Obj 906

Muricans get some beefed up Sheridan

15542009_1726375007690035_78869160683524

And China gets buffed WZ132/Type 62s

15578948_1726375044356698_82034343414275

L7 105mm on Light Tank hype? 

15542166_1726375094356693_65749683647748

Krauts get this. No idea what this is. Does anyone know?
The only thing what comes close is a Hispano-Suiza HS 30 mit 90mm Bord K. http://ftr-wot.blogspot.de/2013/03/another-german-t7-lt-alternative.html

34_hmjsq534.jpg?w=1000&h=&crop=1

8 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Wot is seriously, as concept, absolutely fantastic game. A F2P MMO with 400 different tanks with very addicting and well mase grind system is just so well done. Imagine it as super good, awesome car of dreams that has been filled with shit.

Wot is both shit and great. If WG would be somewhat more intelligent in actually developing the game, they should fix these:

- Rework lowtiers. This is biggest thing that needs a fix. There is so many stuff that are completely wrong with lowtiers.

1. Give tier 3 and 4 pref mm. There is absolutely no reason for tier 3 to face tier 5, or even tier 4 to face tier 6. Grinding to tier 3 without prem acc takes even for someone with sub 100 WN8 (aka 95% of players who are reaching T3 first time) only like 20 games at maximum. What the hell can T-46 do against O-I Exp? It cant reliably pen it, it cant even run away from it, and it can get oneshotted by it. Lets not even talk about derp mediums (we will go there later on). Tier 4 should still have pref mm because reaching those tiers wont take still very long no matter how bad you are.

2. Increase amount of tutorials. Give people guides about each tank class, tactics like flanking, hulldownning, sidescraping etc.

3. Make a "tier limit". This would be healthy change for everyone. Make it so that you need certain amount of battles to unlock any next tier vehicle. Tier 2 has no limit but tier 3 has 10-20, tier 4 40-50, tier 5 around ~100, tier 6 around ~200, etc. My numbers ofc are not probably the best but you get my point. It would prevent people rushing one line up and have tier 8 after less than 1k battles after and have no idea how game works and how to make credits because your only tank is stock IS-3 that meets tier 10s with 175mm pen.

3.5 Do same thing with premium tanks. When you unlock tier 3, you can unlock ability to buy tier 3 premiums, when you unlock tier 4, you unlock ability to buy tier 4s etc. Who doesnt hate having 50 WN8 Löwe with less than 100 battles in your team? This would prevent people from buying high tier prem tanks right away after they start game instead of actually learning the game.

4. Make a clear note about economy system. Make people actually realize that without prem account, after tier 5 tanks will become actually more expensive to run.

5. Like zap said, tier 5 derp guns are retarded. One option would be removing them, but its not only one. Remove HEAT from all 105/122 derps. Then nerf HE pen to like 10 at max to prevent oneshots. 

6. Do something for broken ass tanks on lowtiers. O-I Exp will be trashed soon (although im slightly worried about front armor buff), and Hetzer wouldnt be really as scary with derp nerfs, but there are more. Now that Matilda doesnt meet tier 6 anymore (with my earlier proposal)  the 2pdr with 120mm needs to be just removed, and there, its balanced. T67 is fucking aids piece of shit. Camo + turret + -10 depression + that DPM is super idiotic. Nerf DPM to around ~13 (im serious) aswell as nerf acceleration so it has at best 20 hp/ton. At trade off increase accuracy a bit aswell as traverse speed. Make it closer to mediums in same tier, even less survivability and less turret traverse but better gun handling and camo. Both KV-1 and 1S could use slight RoF nerfs on their 85mm guns.

6.5 Stop selling tanks like Pz 2 J or KV-220-2. Seriously.

Now lowtiers/stuff for people who just started game will be better, now into actual game:

- 3-5-7 mm (or whatever it is called) is coming and imo great. This way when you get bottom tier you atleast have several equal opponents to fight from while top tiers are having tons of fun. Everyone is happy! Seriously, its best way to "avoid" +/- 1 MM, as it looks like WG wants to.

- QB's suggestion about arty (max two and every 5th game you have arty-free game) is actually great. Add that, and ban arty platoons: max 1 arty per platoon. WoWs already implemented this for carriers, so i dont see reason why Wot shouldnt have similsr sydtem for arties.

- Arty removal would be, for us, the best option. We are minority however, and like mentioned earlier there is risk that removing arty would actually decrease the playerbase rather than increasing it. Rework is possible, but it in itself is own topic and wont list everything that needs to changed. As put simple, remove most of HE pen snd decrease alpha, buff splash or something and give arta ability to shoot AP/HEAT only at close range.

- Rework premium ammo so it deals less damage.

- Tier 10 TDs needs massive overhaul. Only tier 10 TD that isnt either broken and/or piece of trash is Obj 263. Its actually almost fine the way it is. As for rest:

- Obj 268: decrease bloom values significantly, aswell as lower aim time, increase depression to -8, increase health to ~2.1k. As IRL it was notably taller it probably gets slight camo nerf when it gets HD model. These changes would help it at corridor meta.

- Grille: nerf top speed to 45 and give it full turret traverse and marginal camo increase. The top speed with that gun is wayyy too much. If mobility stays the gun would need a nerf then. Sanic mobility + brutal firepower (without severe flaws like Bat with poor acc, long reload and very low ammo capacity) doesnt fit together. 

- E3: pretty alright, but needs some fixing. Either increase LFP armor of health to 2.4k but nerf APCR pen

- E4: Increase LFP, turret cheek and cupola armor. Increase HP a bit. Nerf APCR like with E3. Increase depression to -8. Make it actual "gimped heavy with TD gun", not "really gimped heavy with TD gun".

- 183s: Umm...this is hardest one. There is two options. One would be just removing HESH and call it a day. Imo there is however other eay it can be done. Remove AP round (its also quite broken and they never had AP shells). Decrease HESH damage to 1250 and make it non-premium ammo. Improve gun handling, accuracy and give them slightly better reload (more so for FV4005). Slightly improve health of 183 and its fine. For FV4005 make turret traverse fully and give it -8 depression, and top engine of Conway. Lastly give them both little more ammo.

- Jageru: Improve health, slightly nerf alpha but give it shorter reload and better gun handling. Nerf HEAT shells; penning IS-7 reliably from turret or Maus from angled UFP is seriously retarded.

- Foch: replace 155mm with 120mm gun. Give it similar stats as on Sandbox, expect very high penetration (two apcr with around 300/350 pen like Strv 103b). Improve side armor to 50. Restore mobility. 

- Strv 103b: Remove siege/travel mode mechanic. Instead, make it happen automatically without having to switch in between modes. At certain speed you can start to elevate and depress your gun. At 10 kph you can fully elevate and depress your gun. Going more than 10 will decrease amount of how much you can elevate and depress your tank. Faster you go, less you can elevate/depress. After reaching certain speed its not possible to depress or elevate the hull. Would be much more comfortable to play, and if it happens to be OP just nerf something afterwards.

-add new maps and rework old ones. Less corridors pls.

So you want no one to be able to pen e3 frontally? And make e4 like e3 but with a turret?

OI at trier 10?

On 12/17/2016 at 7:20 PM, monjardin said:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/wg-fest/

Maybe I've been living under a rock, but this article calls out a lot of new changes that I had not previously seen. Here are some examples:

1. T28, T28 Proto and T95 will get mobility buffs
  2. VK 45.02 B will lead to a regular tree version of the Fail Lowe (Pz. Kpfw. VII)
  3. Max of 3 clickers per team
  4. Light tanks will extend to tier 10
  5. Tank types will be balanced across teams
  6. O-I Exp/O-I nerfs, O-Ho buff and Type 4/5 derp gun additions
  7. The E75 is getting a gun handling buff?
  8. VKB is getting a side and turret armor buff?!
  1. T28, T28 Proto and T95 will get mobility buffs. Hopefully straight line only and not traverse. 
  2. VK 45.02 B will lead to a regular tree version of the Fail Lowe (Pz. Kpfw. VII). Ok I want to trade my failowe for an M60 now. No point in choosing it....
  3. Max of 3 clickers per team. That's 3 too many.
  4. Light tanks will extend to tier 10. Best thing I've heard about this game since forever. I love the vision meta and I love playing my lights. I have every single one except the prems.
  5. Tank types will be balanced across teams Cool
  6. O-I Exp/O-I nerfs, O-Ho buff and Type 4/5 derp gun additions Awesome... now every tard or not, won't need to even aim to do dmg...
  7. The E75 is getting a gun handling buff? Buffs on the e75... already one of the most frustrating tier 9s in the game to play against.
  8. VKB is getting a side and turret armor buff?! They mentioned they're nerfing the lower plate though.