Laceylace

That annoying grille is back and this time, she brought a multi part thread

24 posts in this topic

So, first thing first. My actual question of the thread.

How often do you get told that you were the sole contributor to the team's loss by someone who acted like they knew your tank and acted like they were trying their heart out while you were doing absolutely nothing?

I've been grinding the Skoda for 160 games now, iirc and I've gotten alot of it. The Skoda is not really in my normal class of cancerous tanks that I play. But the tank is amazing and I've been trying to 2 mark, in fact I did. In doing so I've gotten to know some areas where I was just going around and getting huge amounts of damage. I'm usually reserved to paper tds that don't go fast and should snipe. Aka the Rhm 15cm or I'm in more lumbering heavies like my VK 72.01K. The one that really got to my today was an O Ho on an assault Karelia. I went to the mid to snipe for a bit with my gun and assist the team. Generally got alot of shots so I stayed. The O-Ho went south I believe and after a collapse of both flanks, I was never going to do anything with them having a 7 tank lead so I just wanted to get the last farm of damage before the defeat was over. The entire team he was talking about how I was reported and that my tank should be up at the frontlines and I should help push. Told him I had plenty of shots on the ridge. He kept saying he knew my tank and how I was just this lowly shitter. That I don't know how to play. Ended up becoming this:

LdNuKBy.jpg

It got me thinking as I sit here alone this morning (night for EST). How often are you often told the loss rested soley (I'm sorry but I keep trying to sound out the word and I think I got that right.) on your shoulders when in fact you were doing very well and by the end there was nothing you could do for the collapse? 

Second question, Do any of you know a good subtitute for VBADDICT's progress checker? I like to see information. I don't really install any mods anymore since they're all in game now but I did enjoy session stats. I like having information and feedback and I've seen some screenshots from players over on the NA forum of some sort of vbaddict esque program. If any of you know one, would it give more information, or possibly more current/correct information than vbaddict? 

Thank you!~

8 minutes ago, Gr1nch_1 said:

Wotnumbers is pretty good.

Aha! That was the website that I saw on the NA forums. I never figured out the name. I liked it compared to vbaddict but no one would tell me what it was.

Back when I had chat enabled I remember having a 183 with about 200 odd wn8 say something like "fucking noob e100, position wrong" after I pushed 1 line on fishermans bay because how dare you not go to the meta position on a map :rabble1:

8 minutes ago, zapyoug said:

Back when I had chat enabled I remember having a 183 with about 200 odd wn8 say something like "fucking noob e100, position wrong" after I pushed 1 line on fishermans bay because how dare you not go to the meta position on a map :rabble1:

you didnt enable your wotlabs hacks? I'm calling WG. How dare you let their account get a loss. Also lol I like seeing bad players in either the 183 and FV4005 firing regular HE because they don't want to spam that prem HE stuff. One guy said that is what noob unicums only fire. Was 10/10 to see him do 300 damage that game after firing 4 times.

12 minutes ago, It's_Matra said:

Welcome to World Of Tanks Random Battles

they aren't gentle 

14 minutes ago, Laceylace said:

they aren't gentle 

Just wait until you are 'purple'... then you get moaned at for not doing more damage than you have shells for

5 minutes ago, It's_Matra said:

Just wait until you are 'purple'... then you get moaned at for not doing more damage than you have shells for

i just want to be a real grille unicum 

all my friends are unicums so why cant I dad

Just now, KruggWulf said:

Brah, you don't even know focus until you have Krugg and 1v1master in your name :doge:

why would they focus someone with the name krugg in their name?

arent those people bad?

:^)

In a top tier battle playing really passive can put the loss on your shoulders.  The TD snipey snipey style you've described is tactical feces and basically relegates your tank to a reactive non-influential role. An autoloader can rack up big reactive numbers with out being a winning influence.  Now without seeing a replay it's impossible to give a definite judgement.

The best play is to break a flank by actually being there. The T50 has the speed,  firepower and vision/camo to break Southwest pretty handily. However if you're going to start on middle hill,  the winning move is to advance to D4 area to break Southwest asap. North can be broken ala Straik in this video in the Charioteer game Страйк смог дажку на Гриле? Максим - навязчивый! …:

But just sitting middle,  reacting? It's probably your fault both flanks failed because you didn't influence either of them, and from your position weren't going to have any influence, win or lose. I'd be mad. 

If only I spoke Russian, I'd only ever watch Straik play. Perhaps only one other player Ive seen ( @TCAmir777  or @Poltto ) could advance/retreat while constantly always being in the fight so perfectly

54 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

If only I spoke Russian, I'd only ever watch Straik play. Perhaps only one other player Ive seen ( @TCAmir777  or @Poltto ) could advance/retreat while constantly always being in the fight so perfectly

There are several, Skylex and Decha still plays at that level without the cancer contrasts :serb: 

22 minutes ago, Kolni said:

There are several, Skylex and Decha still plays at that level without the cancer contrasts :serb: 

Every time I come across Decha its always in some other language :(

I've probably watched more Straik than any other streamer/tuber.  He's great to watch and he keeps his gun both hot and safe like a magician.  However, I sometimes have a hard time wrapping my head around just how many RU pubbies seem to just feed themselves to him.  Whereas when I watch EU streamers like XENA or Anialator it seems like they have to work harder for it against a least a few non-brain-dead opponents.  

Straik's damage dealt/damage taken ratio is insane, so many 6K damage games where he's not redlining and still never gets scratched.

Totally agree @Archaic_One, I just try to blot out from my mental model the hapless feeders and focus on how he makes himself inconvenient to hit. 

In that stream I linked I saw a game much more to my experience, where a group of IS series drivers run him down. 

4 hours ago, Spartan96 said:

HI Lacey

Ohio

18 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

In a top tier battle playing really passive can put the loss on your shoulders.  The TD snipey snipey style you've described is tactical feces and basically relegates your tank to a reactive non-influential role. An autoloader can rack up big reactive numbers with out being a winning influence.  Now without seeing a replay it's impossible to give a definite judgement.

The best play is to break a flank by actually being there. The T50 has the speed,  firepower and vision/camo to break Southwest pretty handily. However if you're going to start on middle hill,  the winning move is to advance to D4 area to break Southwest asap. North can be broken ala Straik in this video in the Charioteer game Страйк смог дажку на Гриле? Максим - навязчивый! …:

But just sitting middle,  reacting? It's probably your fault both flanks failed because you didn't influence either of them, and from your position weren't going to have any influence, win or lose. I'd be mad. 

I am a bad player and still learning Skoda play :<

21 hours ago, SkittlesOfSteeI said:

forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/185348-0917-wot-replay-analyzer-wip-3-17122016/

^Good shit. 

Will look into it thank you! :>

On 12/19/2016 at 0:08 AM, Laceylace said:

i just want to be a real grille unicum 

all my friends are unicums so why cant I dad

tanks are hard fampai.

I just read something about tierX LTs and am reinstalling right now, I will be very happy if they exist.

Anyway, just watch some Russian streamers for a week and copy what they do, bam you're ultracum.

12 hours ago, Raj said:

tanks are hard fampai.

I just read something about tierX LTs and am reinstalling right now, I will be very happy if they exist.

Anyway, just watch some Russian streamers for a week and copy what they do, bam you're ultracum.

Tier 10 LTs exist in the same way that Havok Physic support does with destructible terrain.