kunjuro

Tier X Light tanks

On 20.12.2016 at 4:27 PM, arthurwellsley said:

Time to turn off crew exp on the tier VIII lights and begin the slog to 200k exp in readiness?

I would maybe reconsider it, but just maybe...

"(...)   *With the current move of light tanks from Tier 8 to Tier 9, is it worth it to gather XP on them in order to unlock the Tier 10s? 
– Not yet determined.(...)"

Source: https://ritastatusreport.live/2016/12/23/anton-pankov-qa/

2 hours ago, volim_velike_sise said:

so this just happened, lttb top tier, and only t7 tank

lttb.png

To be honest that are tons of other tanks where I want to be the only top trier than the LTTB even if it's a good map for it. 

Pointy haired jedi posted a 122-44 game like that some time ago. That is really broken.

You know, shit like that makes me giggle a bit and - at the same time - be happy that I quit this game a good while ago.

The game basically heads into world of 50m brawls for several patches, and "sandbox server" has shown that WG absolutely will not stop until this goal is reached.

At the same time, WG releases gimped mediums with horrible gun stats/penetration (and 18 hp/t on some... ummm...) and still acts like "camo value" is a balancing factor for high tier vehicles. Lol.

It's totally worth to trade your gun, armor and HP to get some +20 sight range (very useful on the 95% of the map pool which is strictly corridor brawling), and less than a tank's length on range at which enemies spot you (which is insignificant anyway when you can only engage in 50-100m range fights) :)

Instead of giving people small, crazy tanks to wreak havoc with (akin to old T-50-2), you get gimped, sluggish, shitty medium wannabes with absolutely no role whatsoever :)

GJ WG, like always!

I've been holding on to some vague hope that T10 lights would be the thing that gets me back into the game for reals. However, looking at the stats(I know they're gonna change, but they do give an idea of WG's thinking) and the way map design keeps going I'm losing what little hope I had.

I just want tanks that are fun to drive and can make fatties go boom. WG already has one like that in the game and it's called Luchs, but god forbid they do something equally cool for the high tiers. Nope, let's cram in some gimped mediums which are flat out worse on 95% of the maps.

What bothers me a lot is the shit traverse speed they have: they have the same traverse that  tier X mediums have. Considering that LT base their survivability  on avoiding getting hit, it makes them not that good at dodging and maintaining top speed. It's retarded also because it decreases the possibility of cicling heaviums like is-3 or E5s.

15 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

What bothers me a lot is the shit traverse speed they have: they have the same traverse that  tier X mediums have. Considering that LT base their survivability  on avoiding getting hit, it makes them not that good at dodging and maintaining top speed. It's retarded also because it decreases the possibility of cicling heaviums like is-3 or E5s.

That's true the even the LTTB barely outcircles an IS3 now if the IS3 just stays still and turns hull+turret. Not to mention the e75 that you can't circle even with an MT25,,, 

On 12/25/2016 at 2:55 PM, volim_velike_sise said:

my point

As MacusFlash said, the LTTBs count as tier 8s, so it's a tier 8 match and not tier 7. This means you won't see tier 5s, and in fact the only tier 5s are light tanks, which can see tier 8s.

It's not common, but it's nothing out of the ordinary. It's also off topic. 

There is an interesting implication to this- if tier 10 light tanks exist, then they'll probably bump up current light tanks with scout MM up one tier and then give them all normal MM so that the gap at tier 9 is filled. If the new norm is that all light tanks get regular MM, then now we can finally sit down and discuss the issue of how light tanks are balanced next to mediums of the same tier. That'll be some serious soul-searching for WG and the current meta, curious to see how they handle it.

12 hours ago, dudixy said:

As MacusFlash said, the LTTBs count as tier 8s, so it's a tier 8 match and not tier 7. This means you won't see tier 5s, and in fact the only tier 5s are light tanks, which can see tier 8s.

It's not common, but it's nothing out of the ordinary. It's also off topic. 

it's a tier 7 tank that gets tier 8 matchmaking,  but there isn't a single tier 8 tank in that  battle, which hasn't happened to me before in the 12k battles i've played

i wouldn't call it offtopic cuz that is how tier 10 lights matchmaking could look like

and  that looks fun:)

These stats MUST be preliminary. None of these LTs is agile enough with good enough camo to cut it over the better meds.

Bat Chat vs this AMX 13 thing is espcially hilarious with the AMX 13 being prolly worse at almost everything, even camo while standing still...

As to what they are doing, the only thing that has been said is that the WZ-132 will stay at tier VIII (so they also need a new chinese tier IX LT) while the rest getss bumped to tier IX. What happens below that tier is anyones guess. They could bump all LTs one tier and let the line start at tier II with according buffs or they could jump a tier (tier Vs stay but will lead to tier VIIs) or they could whip out some in between tanks that will likely be slight variations (Super Chafee...).

Why not do what they do with the new american light tank? Ie give lights amazeballs soft stats so they can limit exposure given they have low armor and low hp? They are already playing with the idea of super good gun for trier in the form of the Swede t6 med and it works even if it is very strong for the trier so why not expand the idea? A light tank with m48 or better soft stats and better accuracy would be something many of us be willing to play if it was reasonably mobile.

1 hour ago, Tupinambis said:

It would be hilarious if the m5 Stuart, with that shitass 37mm gun, got bumped up to tier 5.... while the Chinese m5a1 with the massively superior 47mm gun got to stay at tier 4 

Not even WG is stupid enough to do that. 

I think that murican LTs will most likely stay at their tiers up to tier 7, then T49 gets split into two tanks (T49 itself aka M41 hull with bigger turret and 90mm will stay at tier 8, with the miniderp getting ofc viable non-prem ammo or even new gun altogether, and the current T49 becomes tier 9). Expect major nerfs to T37 and Bulldoge if that happens.

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

I think that murican LTs will most likely stay at their tiers up to tier 7, then T49 gets split into two tanks (T49 itself aka M41 hull with bigger turret and 90mm will stay at tier 8, with the miniderp getting ofc viable non-prem ammo or even new gun altogether, and the current T49 becomes tier 9). Expect major nerfs to T37 and Bulldoge if that happens.

I think they will bump up the bulldog and t37 and buff them a bit rather than nerf them. I assume WG understands they are fun tanks and making them frustrating to play is a bad idea.

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

WG was dumb enough to rebalance the M5 by removing the short 75mm that was at least kinda viable. They looked at a tank that (as far as I know) no one had a problem with and decided it should have no gun.

What I'm saying is nothing is too stupid for WG.

So we playing a game of guessing? I'm in.

USSR:

LTTB is getting bumped up a tier, no doubt about it. But besides the HP, i don't see it getting any buffs; it is just THAT good.

MT-25 is also getting bumped up. while not really that good, a few buffs can make it a nice tier 7. it will likely get T-34's 76mm gun.

T-50 will also get bumped up a tier with buffs to mobility. It will not be like it was before, but will me much faster. There's a (very) small chance it will get T-34's 57mm gun

BT-7 and A-20 will stay there. they're just too shitty to be bumped up a tier.

And a really wild guess: T-50-2 WILL RETURN at tier 6 just like it did in WoT Console, while it will not be as fast as it used to be, it would still have nice enough mobility, imagine the LTTB.

Germany

SPIC isn't half bad. a buff to the inter-drum and regular reload and will just be a fine tier 8. Maybe one extra shell in the drum.

Regarding VK 28.01, uh, can't really take a guess. While I've seen players take advantage of its fatness to steamroll other LTs, it really struggles at tier 9 with such gun selection. I'm betting on it getting bumped with a lot of buffs.

Same thing with Leopard and Luch. the 3cm is really good, just not at such tiers. Still betting they would get bumped with little buffs because lolWG

Pz 38t and 38 nA can stay where they are. they're just too shit.

Pz I C will get bumped to tier 4 given how good it is, even though the mauser has shit penetration.

France

AMX 13 75 is... actually not half bad for tier 8 if given the proper buffs. mainly inter-drum, regular reload and mobility. But it is likely to stay there, and the gap at tier 8 can be filled with ELC EVEN 90. which also mounts a 90mm gun with a drum. (not the F3)

AMX 12t is bad for the tier, so it is likely it will stay there, but it would lose the top gun.

Can you imagine an ELC at tier 6? me neither. it stays in tier 5. but if WG really wanted it, it could add the ELC AMX prototype at tier 5 and bump the Bis to tier 6.

Huh, there's actually enough material to make another Light branch up to tier 8, so these are mostly wild guesses.

USA

M41 had to be nerfed and is still really good. would be plain stupid to not bump it up a tier. a return to the pre-nerf values and it would be a solid tier 8. no 90mm.

T37 is also really solid. it will get bumped with minor buffs.

Chaffee is pretty good, a minor buff here and there and it would be a nice tier 6

T71 is likely to stay a tier 7. with a nerf to DPM and inter-drum, it can fit normal MM just fine.

T21 is also likely to stay a tier 6 with nerfs to DPM.

Both Stuarts stay in their tier. I'd even argue the M5 needs a buff even after receiving normal MM.

I'm interested in the fate of currently sold premium Light tanks: Amx 13 57GF and M41 90. Bump it up a tier or nerf them, people will whine.

9 hours ago, ThunderDick said:

I'm interested in the fate of currently sold premium Light tanks: Amx 13 57GF and M41 90. Bump it up a tier or nerf them, people will whine.

They're not exactly currently sold, are they? And I also doubt they'll make the M41 90 the first T9 premium.

My guess is they will stay T7, respectively T8, with very minor tweaks (VR). They might become slightly OP but we've already got Skorpion/Patriot/Liberte so it wouldn't be anything new/surprising.

11 hours ago, ThunderDick said:

Can you imagine an ELC at tier 6? me neither. it stays in tier 5. but if WG really wanted it, it could add the ELC AMX prototype at tier 5 and bump the Bis to tier 6.

It is now a tier 6 tank with +3 MM. In the past it had +4 MM.

It's interesting, it raises some questions/ideas/thoughts -

- What happens with the premium lights? Do they move tiers or become extremely strong in their own tiers cos WG can't nerf them, M41 GF owners will be pissed in particular if they can't use their tanks in tier 8 SHS.

- So lights get moved to their own tiers (or some don't it seems from what they've said from the Chinese line), are they going to rebalance them, i.e. buff them cos moving them to the tiers they already play won't change much. A 1390 is currently a crap Bat Chat 25T AP, moving it to tier 9 won't change that.

- I hope we don't see a mass medium nerf, that will be a nerf to several tanks that don't warrant one (like Leo 1, Cent 1, Fatton, Cent AX etc,). The only tier 9 and 10 meds that realistically can scout are Bat Chats and Russian hovermeds, everything else really lacks the camo. A slight nerf to their view range would be fine (say BC and T-62a/140 to 390), but a Fatton is a Fatton it's huge with no camo and goes 45kph, it's 420 view range will not threaten tier 10 lights.

- I like their idea of greater view range (I hope these won't mean mass view range nerfs because relying on the potato on your team for vision will just be a pain, oh he's yolo suicided, GG, enemy team wins). However, they all need to be closer to the 440m they have given the German one, tier 10 ones with 410m seems pointless, tier 10 lights should be 430-440 (maybe 450), tier 9 should be 420 - 430, the tier 8s 400 - 410.

- I'd like to see WOWs style special consumables (and extra slots for these, also all consumables on a cool down is a good idea for med kits, repair kits etc.) and I think re-worked lights would be great to try this. Two that obviously spring to mind are on WOWs destroyers, smoke and speed boost.  

Smoke is pretty obvious, a smoke canister that covers a certain area (say 5 seconds of smoke 'puffs', smoke last for about a minute or so) that blocks spotting concealment, potential for self defence for the light (have it fire all round the tank say) or for saving under fire teammates, say that friendly heavy has over extended, you pop smoke on him, he can pull back, get some sort of XP bonus for it.  

Speed boost would be basically fuel on steroids, say a 25% boost to hp/ton, top speed and traverse rate for 30 seconds (then cool down period before reuse), so again lights could get out of dodge or could did an insane circle of lone enemy. Basically the ability to turn your light into a T-50-2 for 30 seconds.  An RU on current stats, would jump up to 100 kph top speed, 31 hp.ton and 55 deg/s traverse rate. 

They could then develop other options for more unique skills for different tanks, but I reckon those two, along with view range buffs could buff all lights without needing to fiddle with their other stats too much if they just moved to their tier they currently get MM for. 

So again using the RU, it goes to tier 9, gets 420m view range and gets the reusable smoke and speed boost abilities. 

I don't understand the talk about buffs to existing tanks.  Light tanks are already effectively +1 tier with one caveat (Sh/Cw usage) so changing a t37 from tier 6+3 to tier 7+2 is status quo.  If the wz goes from tier8 (effective 9) to tier 8 effective that may have some nerfs, but not the other changes.

Thereis a separate question about balancing or changing their role, but that is not necessarily required to simply introduce them, with the exception of tier 10 LT which don't exist currently