Siimcy

T-54 appreciation club

Hey fellow forumerers!

Since everyone likes to open up an appreciation "club", I'd also like to open up one myself because I really love mine. Right now this is my most favorite vehicle, you may ask why? Well because it has the following:

Pros:

• Good camo
  • Mobile
  • Great armor for a medium tank in front + turret
  • Low profile
  • Great gun(RoF, damage and 330 pen with HEAT)
  • Can absolutely carry tier 9 games if needed(depends of the opponents though)

Cons:

• Gun depression

What are your thoughts about it?

P.S I'll add pics tomorrow.

Gun depression is the only true flaw of this tank and is the main thing keeping it from being grossly OP in nearly every situation. Just recently got mine and it's one of the most fun tanks I've ever gotten to drive.

Totally forgot about the gun depression, thanks added that to the "cons" list now.

Yeah, it's a true gem at tier 9 and I really love it. Just today I had my first Radley Walters with it today(as in the vehicle), more of an unintended kill stealing because I always reloaded when the opponent had a low amount of HP but I've just realized I got the Radleys at the end.

T-54 was my first end tier tank and I was pretty poor in it.

A while after the T-62A was released I got around to grinding it out and sold the T-54 and moved the crew then hardly ever play the T-62A.

Re-bought the T-54 and started using it again last night (thanks 300k for 30 kills a day event). Good times, even with just a 100% crew.

T-54 was my first end tier tank and I was pretty poor in it.

A while after the T-62A was released I got around to grinding it out and sold the T-54 and moved the crew then hardly ever play the T-62A.

Re-bought the T-54 and started using it again last night (thanks 300k for 30 kills a day event). Good times, even with just a 100% crew.

Yeah an amazing machine. I had enough of those imbaciles today because of the Gamescom x5 event I only managed to get a lousy 52% wr so I only played it once for the x5.

Glorious tank, comrades. The KV-1S of the medium line! I enjoyed it, albeit I didn't do as well as I should have. Just... put a sticky note where it shows the credit results, because dropping 70k a game is not entirely out of the question, especially once you get addicted to sprem >_<

Glorious tank, comrades. The KV-1S of the medium line! I enjoyed it, albeit I didn't do as well as I should have. Just... put a sticky note where it shows the credit results, because dropping 70k a game is not entirely out of the question, especially once you get addicted to sprem >_<

If needed I go -70k in minus, all for ze damage!

For example, after I lost this one I just quit because all I did today was lose, had 2,8k dmg/battle in 9 games with like 0,8 kills per battle because of those useless kill stealers in everywhere because of this damn 30 kills special.

aasHWvR.jpg

I mean IS-7's doing 1k dmg, what the hell.

Gun first, it makes the tank. Without the engine you still have good speed + amazing gun + amazing camo + good armor, without it you're just a beefy lower tier Russian med. The engine is grindable but I'd recommend free exping the gun if possible.

I don't feel like spending 2k gold to get the free XP I would need; is saying 'fuck credits' and just spamming APCR from the LB-1 a viable alternative for the grind; it is really frustrating how much I bounce.

I free xp'd the turret and started playing, couldnt take the gun choices coming from the T-44 so I free xp'd the D10.

What a beastly tank, loads of fun. Got it fully upgraded over the weekend, and had a couple nights of fun in it platooned with another T-54.

It seems that having a T-54 partner is best for platooning, 3 is just too much it seems. We ran 2 T-54's and a TD, worked well.

Whats crew skills do you suggest for the T-54? I'm on my way thanks to the top of tree event and my crew will have around 2.5-3 skills.

Does it burn, get ammoracked, set on fire like the T-44 (so, basically with every damn shot?) 

I thought about:

Commander: 6th, Repairs, Camo

Gunner: Repairs, Snapshot, Camo

Driver: Clutch, Repairs, Camo (Preventive Maintenance?)

Loader: SS, Repairs, Camo

Having recently re-bought the T-54 Im not all that impressed.

The less accurate 100mm gun is still random as fuck (Dont have the next unlocked) and while the armor is trollish against Tier VII scurbs, it fails everywhere else.

I feel its fame (much like the T69) is build around HEAT spamming which is a shame frankly. I guess that once you get a T-62 you should never look back.

Many have told me that T54 is fire prone but 280 battles and maybe on fire twice. Even with safe stowage I have been ammo racked twice in a match.

I know I am bad at tanks and stick out the right front corner of the tank too much but ammo rack and tracks happen more often than fires. So I carry 2 repair kits as a tracked T54 is a dead roach.

I only use sprem vs T10 matches. T9 matches only use it vs E75.

BTW the T54 is my favorite tank atm