Siimcy

T-54 appreciation club

I was so worried that I wouldn't get an ace tanker before unlocking the obj 140.  I ended up getting like 3 or so, didn't even HEAT spam.  Two of them post-nerf. It'll happen someday, don't worry.

T-54 best tank NA

Till I double-blap you with a 105 shell and a ram in my E50. Lelelel where is your Stalin now.

I carry 25/25 ammo, but that's because I don't really need to grind money atm, so not making a profit isn't a big deal. You can easily break even if you use HEAT in moderation. I don't know how much players bitch about gold ammo on NA, but on EU I'll be damned if you will get away without receiving a plethora of insults for it. It's pretty funny sometimes.

Hovering at 91,4% on MoE with ~2700dpg for the last 100 games. Third mark would probably require 3000-3500 DPG, so RIP.

Would it be possible to get some of your 9.4 replays in T-54? I bought it recently, basically skipped the stock with free xp, loaded premium ammo and I still suck terribly. I must be secretly retarded because I am the worst T-54 driver I ever heard of.

I know the generic advice aka "stay hidden, conserve hp, use hulldown, flank" etc.. but knowing that doesn't seem to help. Maybe it's just because it's my first t9 tank so I am not used to fighting in these tiers, but I generally think I am missing something that others don't, because I am usually really bad with "the best in tier" tanks. I couldn't carry in Hellcat, I had old KV-1S when I was a potato, so I didn't know how to play it. I also can't do well in T29. Same story with T-54 .. I keep falling into mud while others seem to enjoy awesome colourful trip while driving it.

"interesting" fact: I am actually doing better in awkward tanks... check my T-28 (my first t4 tank), A-44 or T-34-3 (better than my FCM).

Would it be possible to get some of your 9.4 replays in T-54? I bought it recently, basically skipped the stock with free xp, loaded premium ammo and I still suck terribly. I must be secretly retarded because I am the worst T-54 driver I ever heard of.

I know the generic advice aka "stay hidden, conserve hp, use hulldown, flank" etc.. but knowing that doesn't seem to help. Maybe it's just because it's my first t9 tank so I am not used to fighting in these tiers, but I generally think I am missing something that others don't, because I am usually really bad with "the best in tier" tanks. I couldn't carry in Hellcat, I had old KV-1S when I was a potato, so I didn't know how to play it. I also can't do well in T29. Same story with T-54 .. I keep falling into mud while others seem to enjoy awesome colourful trip while driving it.

"interesting" fact: I am actually doing better in awkward tanks... check my T-28 (my first t4 tank), A-44 or T-34-3 (better than my FCM).

Sure, if you think you can pick something up from my derpy plays, I can upload some sessions. It's hard to give some magical advice to playing better and I don't really believe in tank specific advice either. I do stupid mistakes all the time, so don't assume I'm always doing the right thing in these replays. If you want to see some much better play, I'd recommend checking out Moukka's T-54 challenge.

Replays

@Fulvin: Thanks a lot. I'll start studying when I get back home from work. I also don't know if it will help or not, but I got to try it... feels like I am running out of options in "what source do I need to actually learn".

This is me in T-54:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1399283?secret=b5669644701be3b1c90f18308890514f

I just started playing after watching some of those replays because it always looks so easy. Now I hate myself again. I guess I can't rush Abbey not even as a top tier medium... because one third of enemy team gets the same idea. Also... don't try to shoot T34 with gold, because it won't dmg anyway. I also didn't know that it's impossible to pass the wall spot with T-54 so I got hit by T34 into back (which I deserved).

I guess I need to start camping more. I am just constantly thinking that I won't do any dmg if I will stay hidden with poop in my pants...

This is me in T-54:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1399283?secret=b5669644701be3b1c90f18308890514f

I just started playing after watching some of those replays because it always looks so easy. Now I hate myself again. I guess I can't rush Abbey not even as a top tier medium... because one third of enemy team gets the same idea. Also... don't try to shoot T34 with gold, because it won't dmg anyway. I also didn't know that it's impossible to pass the wall spot with T-54 so I got hit by T34 into back (which I deserved).

I guess I need to start camping more. I am just constantly thinking that I won't do any dmg if I will stay hidden with poop in my pants...

Top T9 medium probably means that there are MUCH FASTER T7, T8 lights...prognosis? Don't go Abbey as they'll spot you for the campers.

Why didn't you go to the 1/2 line and help grind around E & F?

Top T9 medium probably means that there are MUCH FASTER T7, T8 lights...prognosis? Don't go Abbey as they'll spot you for the campers.

Why didn't you go to the 1/2 line and help grind around E & F?

I would like to have some great reason for that, but the truth is that I simply didn't even consider that as an option. I just made plan "rush the middle and kill one or two scouts that gonna be there" and blindly followed it :x

I would like to have some great reason for that, but the truth is that I simply didn't even consider that as an option. I just made plan "rush the middle and kill one or two scouts that gonna be there" and blindly followed it :x

When I'm top tier on Abbey, I go to the middle but don't commit to going up. Set up on the ridge and take pot shots at anyone that goes up. 1-3 shots is enough, then back out and head for the 1-2 line.

The ace tanker for this tank was a lot lower than I thought it would be. Anyways I still love this tank 

Wow, congratz on great game! My browser seems to be bugged and doesn't show link to a replay ;)

So I have played 4 games in the T-54 tonight and 2 have been Ace Tankers..What is going on I thought this was meant to be really hard to ace? The games I had weren't that godly.

So I have played 4 games in the T-54 tonight and 2 have been Ace Tankers..What is going on I thought this was meant to be really hard to ace? The games I had weren't that godly.

You are purple. Standards change. In any case, the close combat xp bonus is pretty big, so that drops the damage requirement a lot.

You are purple. Standards change. In any case, the close combat xp bonus is pretty big, so that drops the damage requirement a lot.

There's such a thing?

I'm gonna be grinding that line soon, (yeah I know who 25k battles noob doesn't have a russian med) and I need some guidelines. Do you know where I can find some replay bunch of a 3+k damage per game t54 player?

There's such a thing?

Yes. If you are spotting your own damage, xp and credit income from your damage doubles. If you are within a certain range of the enemy (300m and another bump at 150m I think) you get more bonus.

Yes. If you are spotting your own damage, xp and credit income from your damage doubles. If you are within a certain range of the enemy (300m and another bump at 150m I think) you get more bonus.

Ahhh, good to know. You'd think I'd have known about this after 6K battles.

First tip, save your credits, you'll need them for the t54.

Credit modifiers on this tank drive me insane. Finishing a ~50 HP target with AP? Yup, just lost money. 

I am looking for someone who will teach me how to play T-54 and win. I have 60 games in it (most of them with top gun) and my wr is 33%. I wanted to make this work really hard, but I am unable to carry anything in it. I do not know the prices, but let's say I could offer 2500 gold gift as a payment?

Any recommendations? Do you know someone who is good and willing to teach?