Siimcy

T-54 appreciation club

I'm a simple pleb but I'd sacrifice optics for torsion bars to get the engine because Vstab and Rammer are important

I should mention that the stock suspension can support all upgraded modules. No torsion bars needed!

You'll enjoy it. I'll never sell mine. Honestly in a pinch its completely CW viable. My 140 was locked and someone DC'ed last minute so I hopped into the CW with my 54 and ended up with over 4k damage.

T-54 learning curve:

Step 1: Don't let them shoot your hull.

Step 2: Load Heat.

Step 3: Collect pubbie tears as you pen E100 turret faces with ease.

Hi, can you please help me with crew skills? I'm close to my 4th skill and not really sure, what do pick next.. SA, repairs, adrenaline rush, jack of all trades? Thx for comments. 

Here is picture of my current skills:

T-54 skills.jpg

Edited by MatzerMike

Seriously, I cannot play T-54. Feels totally wrong and bad for me. Besides 330 HEAT I don't see significant upsides. Really struggling to be effective.

The camo is really nice.

But yea, it does bleed credits, I've spent like 1 mil today spamming heat, but damn it was fun.

Seriously, I cannot play T-54. Feels totally wrong and bad for me. Besides 330 HEAT I don't see significant upsides. Really struggling to be effective.

Looks like you should get a WZ-120 ;)

It is highly overrated. Turret is trash compared to what it used to be, you can't rely on it ever. Hull armor is lol-OP against lower tiers (meaning 7s) and iffy against tier 8s. And then the gun.. ultimate definition of p2w. 

I actually free-xped about half of the 62a because I couldn't stand the T-54. I love the 62a, meh about the 140. 

My first 

It is highly overrated. Turret is trash compared to what it used to be, you can't rely on it ever. Hull armor is lol-OP against lower tiers (meaning 7s) and iffy against tier 8s. And then the gun.. ultimate definition of p2w. 

I actually free-xped about half of the 62a because I couldn't stand the T-54. I love the 62a, meh about the 140. 

Can agree. I thought that it's full yolo dank, but it turns out i have to be conscious like i'm in Cent 7/1. 

BTW my first 7K game in T-54 :) 

I4ChlmD.jpg

http://wotreplays.com/site/2019847#overlord-bajaz001-t-54

Today i past E75 shit in WN8 this might be long relationship... :)

140 or 62?

Is the T-54 a viable tank when playing on non-premium account?

I just wonder if I should buy it as my first tier 9 tank ( another possibilities are E-75 and maybe Patton). I won't be able to afford HEAT spam in T-54, just maybe 3-4 premium rounds per battle if any.  Currently I can make some profit while playing the T-44 on acceptable level and using small amount of premium ammo.

Will I be disappointed by the the T-54?

My plan isn't to go for tier 10 yet so maybe playing T-54 now is pointless? Are there some better suited tier 9 meds for playing on standard account?

Are there some better suited tier 9 meds for playing on standard account?

Well, there are a few tier 9s that have good mobility and good pen on their standard rounds.  Cent 7/1 (but no good prem round), AMX 30 prot (but people say it needs food for the gun handling), 50120 (where to start?)

Personally, I enjoyed the 50120, did better than my average and made profit on it (with a premium account).  The gun handling, elevation, height, exposure might drive you away though...

Have you considered that the Obj 140 has a good APCR std round?  Pushing through the T-54 could get you to a solid tank that you don't mind playing without premium.  

It's the only tank in which I have some performance-to-talk-about, but this guy eats my credits if I want to keep that performance up.

Like really, the last time I had 4M credits was before I bought this thing (And that was months ago), the HEAT spam is real, very real. Just 50kish more exp and I'm done with it.

Thanks to you, T-54, I can't buy VIIIs, IXs or Xs with discounts. Ty o7.