Siimcy

T-54 appreciation club

So after the changes the turret reminds me of the old pre HD T-54 turret (bounced a couple T-95 shots, russia comarade). But what they did to the guns is such a repugnant money grab, give the heat spamming shit pen gun more dpm and more depression, but make it as derpy as an IS-3s gun, so now WG is sure the not only the remaining 5 people that didn't spam heat will have to in order to do something but also you will miss 2x as many shots so even a bigger credit sink. WG isn't even trying to hide anymore the fact that their every move is to make as many credit sinks as possible.

1 hour ago, BlackAdder said:

How is improved turret? I unlocked T-44 so this is next stop in fee days. I always kinda liked HEAT spam. 

The turret is noticeably better, the gun (good ol' 201 ap pen one) has Cromwell levels of handling and russian heavy levels of aim time with a 3skill crew and vert stabs (still the russian bias makes you hit impossible things). The other gun is much better but you lose 400 dpm, i don't have the patience for a derpy gun nor the credits to burn so i basically can't play it anymore. So now WG finally gave you 2 real gun options for the heaT-54 (2 terrible ones), you either miss 1/3 of your heat shells, or you can't outrade a single medium. And your new turret forces everyone and their mother to spam gold (another great example of balance™).

The 201 pen gun still has better bloom than the 219 pen one - and 6 degrees of gun depression. Since I am cheap and I've unlocked the D54 anyway I will probably have run with that and see how it goes.

8 minutes ago, lavawing said:

The 201 pen gun still has better bloom than the 219 pen one - and 6 degrees of gun depression. Since I am cheap and I've unlocked the D54 anyway I will probably have run with that and see how it goes.

Nobody uses that :D

T-54 was all about HEAT, but when i see crappy accuracy now it's will make me rage. 

4 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Nobody uses that :D

T-54 was all about HEAT, but when i see crappy accuracy now it's will make me rage. 

I am already picturing noobs running the D54 and chai-sniping at the redline like a shitty E50, and yet you can't even kill the shitter thanks to turret armour.

I played a couple of games with the depry gun, nope. I rather get outdpmed by a PTA. than miss half my shots. FFS i even started using the extra long 88 in e50 due to it's insane acc (and great DPM).

It's like the t54 is its own mini test of what players actually like. The ability to actually hit things or the ability to yolo brawl. Is there a way to see what guns people are choosing en masse? Maybe if people go one way or the other WG may adjust some of their other lowering of accuracy changes.

1 hour ago, Ezz said:

It's like the t54 is its own mini test of what players actually like. The ability to actually hit things or the ability to yolo brawl. Is there a way to see what guns people are choosing en masse? Maybe if people go one way or the other WG may adjust some of their other lowering of accuracy changes.

Doesn't work due to the pen diff. a lot of tomatos used the 219 pen gun even before the buffs, just to to the fact that they could avoid firing 100% heat (with the other i carried more ap than theat but you know a 43%er can't shot for shit).

Tried as a status but didn't work..

T-54.. keep or sell? Always thought it would remain in my garage forever but since the T-55A and other great tier 9 tanks I hardly play it anymore..

What do you guys reckon?

I've kept mine for now.  I haven't played it since eliting it, but I have a pretty ferociously dank crew in it, and with no plans to buy the t62a anytime soon, they're fine where they are.

I've finished the full grind (both tier 10s unlocked) on this just today. 290 games, 52.41% win rate, 1,820 DPG, only around 700 assist. I did somehow manage to 2-mark it too, although currently that's sitting at only around 82%.

Personally, I found it too frustrating to play. The DPM gun has absolutely horrendous gun handling these days, and even with HEAT spam, you will miss and bounce a lot of shots, which sometimes just makes the whole thing so frustrating to play. It's still a strong tank; mobile, a very strong turret, hull armour to bully lower tiers and of course the HEAT to let you butter the front of distracted heavies, and yes, the DPM is ridiculous and in the right situations with the gun constantly firing and targets that you can pen, you will rack up the damage ludicrously quickly, but for me, the gun handling just wrecks it. I greatly prefer the Obj 430 (for reference, in 170 games in the Obj 430 I have 59.41% win rate and 2,251 DPG).

I most likely won't be keeping it, and if WG goes through with flat damage reductions to gold ammo damage, without giving it something else (e.g. a buff to the standard round pen), it won't be a 'top level' tank anymore, in my opinion.

Recently I've been running the long gun with what "feels" like noticeably better results. My playstyle in the current meta mostly doesn't give me chances to abuse the DPM anyway.

But I could also be mistaken because I last played the DPM gun a few years ago, well before the accuracy nerfs.