Siimcy

T-54 appreciation club

Despite the fact that I am still new, still not good, and still learning both medium play and upper tier play, the tank is good fun to play. I am sitting right around/a shade under expected WN8 stats in it, which is not good for my pride. The damn thing is so much fun to play, though, and I can't think of a better and more enjoyable way to work on getting better.

Despite the fact that I am still new, still not good, and still learning both medium play and upper tier play, the tank is good fun to play. I am sitting right around/a shade under expected WN8 stats in it, which is not good for my pride. The damn thing is so much fun to play, though, and I can't think of a better and more enjoyable way to work on getting better.

Shoot more HEAT.

Just not at spaced armour.

Shoot more HEAT.

Just not at spaced armour.

Also keep in mind that the expected values for this tank are a little higher than most because of the large amounts of purple favor it gets. 

Also keep in mind that the expected values for this tank are a little higher than most because of the large amounts of purple favor it gets.

Let's be fair, it's not just that... The T-54 is pretty OP at tier.

I just met Stefan_XD on twitch again. No replay service for us at wotlabs, but you can find replays of him on wotreplays now. I am on mobile so I cant parse links, someone do it please? You can thank me with ingame gold. :D

Definitely a must watch tomorrow.

Does rep and a toon offer qualify as thanks? Cause i'm too broke to buy gold for myself, let alone for others :

Dunno if I've posted in this thread yet, but if I have then this is an update and not a new post about how much I love my T-54.

Just hit 250 battles in it so I figured now was a great time either way.

So, this tank was the first tank I ever knew the name of, my dad bought me a model kit when I was 7.  Of course that means I have to have one in WoT, right?  Here's how I've done in it so far:

--Current stats--
Battles: 250
Winrate: 53.2%
Survival rate: 26.4%
Hits: 74.73%

Damage ratio: 1.05 
KDR: 1.41
Armor-use efficiency (who the fuck cares about this?): .3 (whatever that means)

--Averages--
Experience: 720
DPG: 1574
Received: 1496
Spotting/Tracking: 863.15

Spotted: 2.19
Killed: 1.04

--Record Score--
XP: 2106
Damage: 4908
Kills: 7

Not baddie level, but not that great either imo.  I want to boost my winrate, DPG/Damage ratio, and hit percentage (which I suppose are all related).  I'm also pretty sure that "record score" isn't even close to accurate, the highest base XP I can remember receiving was my first Ace tanker out of three, 1618 base with 3470 damage and nearly 7k spotting/assistance damage done (and a Patrol Duty medal). 

What I like about this tank:

- Mobility.  God damn does this thing haul ass sometimes.  Not to mention pretty great track traverse (and turret traverse), great for circling things or just getting the fuck out if I need to.

- Armor.  Even after the nerf, the armor in the front's still pretty good.  I don't bounce stuff as much as I did when I first got it fully upgraded because of it, one of my earlier games involved me bouncing an entire clip from a T57 with the turret front, and he was by no means a bad player.  Frontal hull armor isn't too shabby either.

- Gun handling/gun stats.  The 100mm D-10T2C (leads to the Obj) is my favorite gun in the game right now.  T-54 is the only tank I currently own that can fit a vertstab, which helps, but it feels like shooting on the move is a lot more reliable than you'd expect. You can third-person aim at a WT100's turret from 200m while barreling downhill and reasonably expect to actually hit near where you were aiming.  Snapshotting and quick peek-a-booming is far easier and far more reliable as well, meaning I can rely on people with shitty reaction time to be able to trade shots without too much trouble.  Great reload time, great aimtime... great fucking gun.

- HEAT.  I used to be a huge HEAT junkie with this thing.  Sprem spam every tier 10 match.  I don't use it as much anymore, only saving it for E-100's and hard carries and the like, but I still roll 30/20 AP/HEAT (40% of ammo compared to my usual ~10-15% ratio) and will occasionally fire all HEAT for shits and giggles.  It doesn't help that I'm a retard who doesn't actually aim half the time and I'll derp HEAT into their tracks, but whatever, fun times shooting heavies in the face.

- Short and squat, good camo, decent view range means I can kinda scout in tier 10 games if there aren't any actual scouts/actual scouts are dead.

- The loader is the radioman too, which means there's actually an okay number of useful skills to train on that crewmember.  Seriously, fuck most radio operator skills and fuck most loader skills.

What I don't like about this tank:

- Fuck damn my repair bills are high.  I know I'm not supposed to get shot that much, but I play way too aggressively for that because I'm a bad.  Getting better at it, but I'm still a bad.

That's about it, I don't mind the lack of gun depression much since I'm used to it.

Other shit

Current crew skill loadout is:

Commander: Sixth - Repairs - 61% Recon

Gunner: Snap Shot - Deadeye (haha) - 65% Repairs

Driver: Smooth Ride - Repairs - 67% Clutch Braking

Loader/Radioman: Safe Stowage - Repairs, 64% Situational Awareness

Feel free to shit on my choices for crew skills, I actually want some input on it. 
First, should I have dropped to BiA at some point (maybe even now?).  I like having repairs, as I tend to get tracked in situations where I know I have ~5 seconds to repair my tracks and drive away safely, and my ammo rack gets hit often enough that I don't actually want to burn my repair kit on tracks if I don't have to.

And second: how big of an idiot am I for taking Deadeye?  I only did it to be an asshole, really, but I've found that sometimes I'll be in a brawl and a tank that I hit will start taking longer than he should in between shots, or a scout will suddenly start driving a lot slower than it should be.  I'd like to say I get more fires and critical hits on the results screen as well, but I can't conclusively prove that as I don't keep track.  I didn't think Camo was worth getting since my other crewmembers were training skills that aren't camo, skills that I felt were a little more necessary.  And let's face it, Designated Target is useless and I don't break my gun much, so Armorer is pretty useless as well.

Equipment and Consumables
Standard medium equips, Rammer - Vstab - Optics
Consumables: Medkit - Repairs - Auto-Extinguisher

I've considered carrying Large Medkit - Repair - Large Repair, given that shit breaks a lot, but I haven't actually got around to trying it.

I fucking love this tank.  10k to the Obj but I'm keeping this one for sure

Watched Stefan's most recent Siiefried Line replay....not sure if he is the best player I've ever seen, or if he is a great player and those pubs are the worst players I've ever seen. No question though, pulling out a win from down 5 tanks is le-fucking-git.

Imho: Stefan is damn good obviously, because you don't even get close to that level if your nkt exceptionally good at this game. What imho makes him so goddamned OP is his insane tactical superiority. Couple that with his amazing map awareness and firing lanes knowledge... Yeah, the guy is OP, pls nerf

That guy just know where to go hull down EVERYWHERE on every map. He has a great battle anticipation and knows very well how to play arty safe. It's not good reflexes or good aiming. As SWG put it, it is indeed just tactical superiority at a very very high level.

After having read this thread, I regret having gone for the T-62A and the D-54 first. Apparently the D-10T2C is the gun of choice. Yesterday was so frustrating with the D-54 aim time and accuracy I would have like to freeXP the D-10T2C...

Please tell me I'll get happier with it. I can't get warm with this tank. Give me an E-50 and I am doing fine. Give me the T-54 and I am mediocre at best from my feeling. Perhaps it's the preference for sniper-guns which makes me feel so uncomfortable with the T-54+D-54 combo. Dunno.

Hoppe it gets better in ~30k XP when the D-10T2C is researched.

I think the D-54 is making you cry so much. I mean, dispersion looks terrible and it has 2.9s of goddamn aimtime.

Imho, before saying you can't make the tank work, try the other one. It's night and day imho.