xWulffx

2017 Proposed Captain Skills

The more I think about it the more I think FP might be a trap for inexperienced BB captains. Generally speaking the real fire damage hurt comes when your damage control is down (you did wait for two or three fires to use it right?) and you are under consistent fire from either a Zao or two other cruisers. Having FP will not help you in that circumstance because you're going to be soaking two or three fires eventually anyway. You'll save a little bit of repairable damage but thinking about the situations where fires are a serious problem/a big source of damage it's almost always when I'm pushing or running and I've been hit in the superstructure and nose. FP isn't going to help there.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 5:18 AM, Madner Kami said:

Link to pictures and description of the test. It`'s bad enough when one ship uses it. Get a division and you can radiotriangulate the target with ridiculous ease. It is a broken OP bullshit-skill and I maintain my stance. It may cost 4 skill-points, but it simply has no place in a game where concealment and ambush is a necessary playstyle.

Wow ... a division with 2 or 3 US or Russky cruisers (this would be a huge buff) with radar and DDs or British cruisers won't have a prayer. 

I have a question though -  the tier 1 Preventive Maintenance .... would having that reduce the chance of Detonations because it makes it less likely modules such as the hit box for the citadels being damaged?

I hope WG removes it. They listened to the community when people were bitching about the Alabama (I had no problem with it being a supertester only ship, but whatever), so hopefully they listen this time to the complaining too.

Tier 1 redundancy --->

Priority Target 1 Point
After this skill is mastered, the Situation Awareness (DETECTED) indicator will show the number of your opponents in the enemy team that are currently aiming at your ship with main battery guns.

Incoming Fire Alert 1 Point
A Warning about the risk of exposure to long-range artillery fire is displayed (shells time to target is more than 6 seconds)

Incoming Fire is kinda unnecessary because if the reticle is on you chances are they shot or will be shooting. But at the end of the day both are garbage and with free 6th sense, if you are spotted best assume they are firing.

nice tool

Here's the full list as it stands now-

Priority Target 1 Point
After this skill is mastered, the Situation Awareness (DETECTED) indicator will show the number of your opponents in the enemy team that are currently aiming at your ship with main battery guns.
Preventive Maintenance 1 Point
Reduces the risk of ship modules becoming incapacitated
-30% to the risk of incapacitation of modules
Expert Loader 1 Point
Accelerates shell type switching if all main battery guns are loaded
-50% to reload time when shell type is switched
Aircraft Servicing Expert 1 Point
Increases servicing speed and HP for carrier-based aircraft
+5% to HP of carrier-based aircraft
-10% to servicing time of carrier-based aircraft
Direction Center for Catapult Aircraft 1 Point
When the Catapult Fighter or Spotting Aircraft consumable is activated, an additional aircraft is launched. However, the airspeed of the catapult aircraft is decreased
+1 catapult aircraft
-20% to the speed of the catapult aircraft
Dogfighting Expert 1 Point
Increases the attack power of fighters while in combat against higher-tier aircraft. The greater the difference between the tiers, the greater the increase.
+10% to average damage per second of fighters for each tier of difference between them
+10% to fighetrs ammunition
Incoming Fire Alert 1 Point
A Warning about the risk of exposure to long-range artillery fire is displayed (shells time to target is more than 6 seconds)
Evasive Maneuver 1 Point
Decreases the airspeed of the strike aircraft, but also reduces their detectability and increases their HP when returning to the carrier
-40% to detectability of strike aircraft when returning to the carrier
+15% to HP of strike aircraft when returning to the carrier
-30% to airspeed of strike aircraft when returning to the carrier
High Alert 2 Points
Reduces reload time of Damage Control Party
-10% to reload time of the Damage Control Party consumable
Jack of All Trades 2 Points
Reduces reload time of consumables
-5% to reload time of all mounted consumables
Expert Marksman 2 Points
Increases the traverse speed of all guns
+2.5 deg/s to the trasverse speed of guns with a caliber of up to 139 mm
+0.7 deg/s to the trasverse speed of guns with a caliber above 139 mm
Torpedo Acceleration 2 Points
Increase the speed of torpedoes launched from both ships and aircraft by reducing torpedo range
+5 knots to torpedo speed
-20% to torpedo range
Smoke Screen Expert 2 Points
Expands the smoke screen area
+20% to the radius of the smoke screen
Expert Rear Gunner 2 Points
Increases efficiency of self-defense armament for aircraft with rear gunners
+10% to average damage per second of self-defense armament for aircraft with rear gunners
Adrenaline Rush 2 Points
Increases reload speed of all armament as the ship HP is reduced
0.1% to reload time of all types of armament for each 1% of lost HP
Last Stand 2 Points
When the engine or steering gears are incapacitated, they continue to operate but with a penalty
Fire Prevention 3 Points
Reduces the risk of fire and maximum damage caused by fire by decreasing the number of potential fire sources
-7% to the risk of fire
The maximum number of fire sources on a ship is reduced to three
Basics of Survivabilty 3 Points
Accelerates repairs to the modules, firefighting, and recovery from flooding
-15% to time of repair, fire extinguishing and recover from flooding
Torpedo Armament Expertise 3 Points
Reduces reload time of torpedo tubes and servicing time of torpedo bombers
-10% to reload time of torpedo tubes
-20% to reload time of torpedo bombers
Emergency Takeoff 3 Points
Makes it possible to launch and recover the aircraft while the ship is on fire.
+100% to aircraft servicing time when the carrier is on fire
Basic Firing Training 3 Points
Improves effectiveness of main guns with a caliber up to and including 139mm, secondary battery guns, and AA mounts
-10% to reload time of main battery guns with a caliber of up to 139 mm and secondary battery guns
+20% to average damage per second of AA defense
Superintendent 3 Points
Increases capacity of consumables
+1 additional charge to all consumables mounted on a ship
Demolition Expert 3 Points
Increase the chance to set the enemy ship on fire
+2% to chance of fire on target caused by a main caliber shell, a secondary battery shell, or a bomb
Vigilance 3 Points
Extends torpedo acquisition range
+25% to acquisition range of torpedoes
Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament 4 Points
Secondary guns only open fire at targets designated by the player. This way, the firing efficiency is significantly increased.
-15% to the maxium dispersion of shells for the secondary armament of Tier I-VI ships
-60% to the maxium dispersion of shells for the secondary armament of Tier VII-X ships
Survivability Expert 4 Points
Increases a ships HP
+400 of HP for each ship tier
Inertia Fuse for HE Shells 4 Points
Increases the armor penetration capacity of HE shell fired from both main and secondary battery guns at the expense of decreasing the chance of setting the enemy ship on fire
+25% to the armor penetration capacity of HE shell
-6% to chance of fire on target caused by HE shell
Air Supremacy 4 Points
Changes number of aircraft in squadrons
+1 fighter aircraft
+1 bomber aircraft
Advanced Firing Training 4 Points
Extends firing range of main guns with a caliber up to and including 139 mm and secondary battery guns
+20% to firing range of main battery guns with a caliber up to and including 139 mm and secondary battery guns
+20% to AA defense firing range
Manual Fire Control for AA Armament 4 Points
Significantly improves the efficiency of large caliber AA guns firing at priority targets designated by the player
+100% to the efficiency of AA guns with a caliber exceeding 85 mm against a priority target
Radio Position Finding 4 Points
Shows the direction to the nearest enemy ship. The enemy player will be alerted that a bearing was taken on their ship. This skill will not work if a player is playing with an aircraft carrier.
Concealment Expert 4 Points
Reduces ship detectabilty range
-10% to detectability of destroyers
-12% to detectability of cruisers
-14% to detectability of battleships
-16% to detectability of aircraft carriers

There are 2 effects of the skill rework of note. You can get CE with a 10pt captain. And you radio positioning at 10 or 14 points. 

I have been getting into a lot of close games at t9 and t10 and radio positioning pretty much kills any DD attempt at stalking last ship or 2. SInce you will always be nose on to the DD. You take 1 torp hit if any due to it. There a few things you can do to bait people using it, but they are very luck dependent and the DEVs really did not think this skill through. 

Also the T1 skills have only 1 or 2 worth taking except if you are a CV, so nothing really has changed except a 10 point captain is much more valuable then it used to be.

Although a good DD player will use that to their advantage. Stay just outside detection range, launch torps and move in a direction to make the enemy BB turn broadside into the incoming torps.

They could even replace radio detection perk with a tier 4 radio silence perk cutting range by 33% to 50%

Priority Target is actually kind of neat, not for showing you how focused you are but because it tells you when you're NOT being focused and can keep all your armament on target.

30 minutes ago, OnboardG1 said:

Priority Target is actually kind of neat, not for showing you how focused you are but because it tells you when you're NOT being focused and can keep all your armament on target.

Exactly, and if they are twining their guns on you, chances are incoming fire is next, thereby making Incoming Fire Alert kind of stupid and redundant

As a coop player this doesn't bother me that much (since bots cheat anyway), but priority target and rpf are just broken and shouldn't be in the game. All in all, this rework will most likely be a disaster.

I've been going over some captain builds and it's not too bad for BB's other than a few tweaks here and there for individual captains/ships.

Cruisers aren't too bad, with the exception of the British which kinda fall in line with the Destroyers.

While there are certain perks that will be pretty much standard like Last Stand and Superintendent, my biggest conundrum is with stealth build generally torpedo boat DDs (like British CAs) that live and breathe by stealth.  Radio Positioning throws a huge monkey wrench in the works.  Is Concealment Expert even worth it if RP is added or will Survivability Expert be more useful?

I usually play DDs with good camo as close to the edge as I can and get in close as possible to fire torps and spot.  They already made Sixth Sense standard and free, but if being spotted via Sixth Sense when the closest visible enemy is 17 km away isn't a clue that a stealthy CA or DD is danger close and they literally need to have lights buzzers and whistles go off almost exactly pinpointing the enemy, then the window lickers just too dumb to play the freaking game.  This mechanic is so broken.  Hardly anyone plays CVs and I fear the new British CAs and most DDs will go the way of the dodo as well.  Welcome to world of BBs! --- end of rant

I haven't spend much time on this, but Flamu has a nice video out regarding the current changes on the test server. He will update it, if changes occure.

I feel like he's holding back and/or avoiding talking about the blatant imbalances of these skills. After the WG EU tards slapped him down because they were butthurt about him calling them out on the Santa missions, it's hard to blame him. They're petty and vindictive enough to drop him as CC.

17 hours ago, BoilerBandsman said:

I feel like he's holding back and/or avoiding talking about the blatant imbalances of these skills. After the WG EU tards slapped him down because they were butthurt about him calling them out on the Santa missions, it's hard to blame him. They're petty and vindictive enough to drop him as CC.

i didint know they dropped him... bunch of cry baby, thats a great way to manage your community

In regard to Flamu Video about skills. I just noticed something: Wasn't this skill-change supposed to get us away from the cookie-cutter-setups? Regardless of the fail that is Radiodetection, this change is fail, clearly, particularly in regard to CV-captains.

5 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

In regard to Flamu Video about skills. I just noticed something: Wasn't this skill-change supposed to get us away from the cookie-cutter-setups? Regardless of the fail that is Radiodetection, this change is fail, clearly, particularly in regard to CV-captains.

I'm so surprised. 

1 hour ago, Madner Kami said:

Unless every skill is equally useful for all ships then cookie cutter setups will always be a thing.

20 hours ago, BoilerBandsman said:

No one in OMNI is even talking about the new skills beyond the abstract right now, because there's no point until they hit live. I get the feeling flamu only put the video up because he was getting pestered to say something about it.

On 1/6/2017 at 0:11 PM, OnboardG1 said:

No one in OMNI is even talking about the new skills beyond the abstract right now, because there's no point until they hit live. I get the feeling flamu only put the video up because he was getting pestered to say something about it.

It also lets the news hit a wider audience, so if anyone is vehemently offended by the rework, they can make a big stink about it on forums.

I'm just glad they decided to halt implementation of the new skill until they playtest them further.

Maybe they realized how bad radio detection will be for overall gameplay.

You get Sixth Sense for free, plus Priority Target and Incoming Fire Alert for 1 point each, wtf else do you need ???

4 hours ago, xWulffx said:

I'm just glad they decided to halt implementation of the new skill until they playtest them further.

Maybe they realized how bad radio detection will be for overall gameplay.

You get Sixth Sense for free, plus Priority Target and Incoming Fire Alert for 1 point each, wtf else do you need ???

It's a rare occurrence when WG halts something important for gameplay for further testing by players.

On 1/6/2017 at 0:58 AM, Birkovic said:

I didn't see that story about the slapping. What happened there?

On 1/6/2017 at 6:22 AM, Crossfader said:

i didint know they dropped him... bunch of cry baby, thats a great way to manage your community

They didn't drop him, but Phelan (I think? One of the EU CMs) went out of his way to mention asking him to "tone it down" in their surrender post on the EU convoys thing. I don't believe for a second that they merely "asked" him to tone it down. WG only does heavy-handed, especially EU, and apparently "are you motherfuckers serious" was too harsh a reaction to them deliberately fucking an entire server for their delicate ears/egos to handle.