leggasiini

Upcoming possibility to sell premium tanks for gold

"At the start of next year, there will be a possibility to sell each premium tank back for gold from the garage. The refund amount is not specifically known yet. You can spend the gold received in any way you please. – Murazor & Slava Makarov"

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/12/20/selling-tanks-for-gold/

Oh boyyy, im kinda hyped. Looks like its time to bring T-44-100 back and sell it for gold. Hopefully its for full price, because this would mean i would get free newly-buffed Löwe :frenchy:

5 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

"At the start of next year, there will be a possibility to sell each premium tank back for gold from the garage. The refund amount is not specifically known yet. You can spend the gold received in any way you please. – Murazor & Slava Makarov"

Oh boyyy, im kinda hyped. Looks like its time to bring T-44-100 back and sell it for gold. Hopefully its for full price, because this would mean i would get free newly-buffed Löwe :frenchy:

You meant to FE straight to the tech tree failowe

2 minutes ago, Nekommando said:

You meant to FE straight to the tech tree failowe

No because i dont want to skip VK B.

GOOD point though, because im buying VK A soon. I most likely wont get Maus in time before the lines gets reworked, so i would likely have to buy Tiger P(OS) back anyway.

Thx for idea, i guess that is what i will next save free xp for. No way im gonna grind another 70k XP in that terrible aids tank. I rather play new tier 8 Maus stock

Please MAKE this possible. Selling Jt88 and CDC in a heartbeat and buy something better. I don't even play the JT88.

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

The only way I could see it being for full price is if they had a reduced refund value every time you sold it.  Otherwise you could get 12k gold and then just rotate through all the premium tanks at will, which would be awesome, but way too consumer friendly for WG

12 minutes ago, Kramburglar said:

The only way I could see it being for full price is if they had a reduced refund value every time you sold it.  Otherwise you could get 12k gold and then just rotate through all the premium tanks at will, which would be awesome, but way too consumer friendly for WG

I bet it's for 50%

a small correction:

UPDATE: You can BUY another one and use the old one as a part of the payment. Apparently giving us the gold back is too hard for WG.

:serb:

I'm sure they won't give you the full value of the tank in an exchange. But even if it was just a portion it would be worth it. I'd be happy to trade the following premium tanks in for a partial credit toward other premium tanks: T34, KV-4Kres, IS-5, CDC, T-44-100, 4202, Panther V/M10, SU-122-44, Type 62, Tog II, SU-100Y, Fury, and everything below that. Heck, I would trade the top 3 just for a Patton KR or T26E5. Make that the top 5.

By the time this "feature" is added I expect it will only allow you to trade your T34 for a T34B...

I don't play tanks anymore, it's a shame they won't give you just the gold so that I could at least apply it as premium time for my account on Warships.

3 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Maybe they're going to finally grow some balls and nerf some bullshit premium tanks. Only compelling reason that comes to mind why they'd bother with this.

Which ones? All the best ones are either new or recently buffed. The only broken ones are e25 and pzJ and lefe arty

22 minutes ago, RC_Tank said:

knew I'd find a use for my TOG eventually

BUT HOW COULD ANYONE DO THAT????

TOG is like one of the most OP tanks in the game :serb:

@zapyoug can prove that, can you?

1 minute ago, hazzgar said:

Which ones? All the best ones are either new or recently buffed. The only broken ones are e25 and pzJ and lefe arty

I was coming to put a list...but dunno.

Scorpion is annoying but i wouldnt call it OP. Its just very good. Terrible survivability (fat + no hp + no armor + poor camo).

Patriot is maybe little too good but nothing catastrophic. Its basically fusion of Pershing and T32. Both of those are naturally great tanks so Patriot being great doesnt surprise.

Liberte's armor scheme is however quite retarded.

Some of the buffed prems are overbuffed, though, such as both Chinese HT premiums.

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

BUT HOW COULD ANYONE DO THAT????

TOG is like one of the most OP tanks in the game :serb:

@zapyoug can prove that, can you?

I was coming to put a list...but dunno.

Scorpion is annoying but i wouldnt call it OP. Its just very good. Terrible survivability (fat + no hp + no armor + poor camo).

Patriot is maybe little too good but nothing catastrophic. Its basically fusion of Pershing and T32. Both of those are naturally great tanks so Patriot being great doesnt surprise.

Liberte's armor scheme is however quite retarded.

Some of the buffed prems are overbuffed, though, such as both Chinese HT premiums.

I get it. Patriot seems a bit overpowered. It's just straight up better than the t32 but they won't nerf it right after the release. Also nerfing popular premiums will equal horrible outrage even if you can get your cash back

They're still talking about sandbox, so if they really are serious about making major changes to the game premiums will get changed along with everything else. To be completely cynical it seems an interesting coincidence they're dropping all these cash only OP premiums at the same time they're working on how to "redo" the entire game. You can't help but notice while they're selling some OP bullshit right now they'll have a perfect opportunity to scale them all back. Offering the ability to resell for gold would grease the wheels of the whole thing, maybe they'll even allow a full gold value return on cash only premiums. People would be mad, but they'd get the chance to get a quasi-refund and would get over it. Allowing a refund would also force people to look at it differently, because if you have the choice of selling back a tank and choose not to then you realize it can't be that bad. In contrast, when you have no choices you can be as pissy and righteously indignant as you want.

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

I get it. Patriot seems a bit overpowered. It's just straight up better than the t32 but they won't nerf it right after the release. Also nerfing popular premiums will equal horrible outrage even if you can get your cash back

SerB says: “Don’t play Foch 155. Or vice versa – play it, no one will mind.”

Replace Foch 155 with any tank of choice :)

And otherwise this applies: Question: “Does massive whining of player base correspond with your statistics?” SerB says: “50/50 – either it does or it doesn't.”

with WG it never turns out to be what it seems at first, having OP prems, an upcoming tier 9/10 buff / nerf AND the option to sell prem tanks for gold seems like a bit too much coincidence....

I myself bet that WG wants to get rid of spmm tanks, by adding some OP bricks like type 4 and Mauschen, who totally shit on tanks like the IS6 and SP, people will be more inclinded to sell those (i will sell SP straight away, fuck that tank)

But we will see, player opinion doesnt matter much, unless its russian forum :P