Reppic27

Teams during Holidays (Question)

Hello All,

I've been playing on my alt-account over the holidays. Basically I've been playing much more than usual as I am on vacation now. I need honest opinions here. I feel now only are the teams very one-sided but the meta we've come to expect is completely off. Heavies going down medium-row or heavies camping, TDs YOLO... etc...

This has not only frustrated me but I've also noticed I am playing very poorly on top of that. I'll partially take the blame but also I think the above has a direct impact as well. Mostly playing on my scouts (T37, M41 90 GF) or my mediums (Mod. 1, Cent 7/1). I usually do very well in all those tanks even if the team is rolled, I still come out very high.

But lately, nope. Especially with my scouts, I sit in the right bushes which used to collect tons of assisted, but now nothing... 

My questions:

Are you all experiencing the same thing with teams & meta gameplay?

Or, is it just me personally?

Its not the right bush if noone is around to shoot your spots :minglee:

I feel like the meta might have changed slightly in the last few months in the sense that there are a bit more teamwipes. But then again i could be biased cuz we all obviusly remember recent stuff more than stuff that happend a while ago.

Either way game nothing dramatic has changed imo.

Holy fuck you're alive!

I just got back into playing myself, and I can confirm this 'meta' being a thing. Personally it hasn't bothered me all that much, I'm quite apathetic towards losing now days. Not saying I don't try to win anymore, but it's far easier to do so when I'm platooned.

Of course a sample doesn't represent overall but 4 games back-to-back in my mod 1. All 4 games I had more than 4k combined each (unfortunately never above 2k damage). And the teams were rolled each and every time. In case many are wondering, I was in the front lines each and every time. 2 of those games were tier 9 and I held a position practically alone against 3-4 tanks both times. 

My WR jumps up and down like it's on crazy pills so there is something to it. I play roughly the same but I can drop or rise 0.15% WR over a course of 2-3 days.

If you're on EU you can clearly see a jump in player #, before December and 9.17 there were rarely more than 120k people at peak hours, now it's around 200k.

If you take into account that # of unicums doesn't linearly grow like the # of noobs, you end up with horrible teams (also new WoT TV commercials on european Nat Geo & Fox)

With that being said my overall wr went from 63 to 60 in like 2-3 weeks,mostly noticeable in tier 8 where it's now a damn lottery whether you win or not, doing 3-4k damage won't matter if you're the only one doing more than 1,000.  So i think teams during holidays (and updates) get worse.

Hey Reppic! Long time no see.

I don't think it is you. Even if you account for rustiness. As a sold green scrub, I can't carry, but I can sure help our more gifted members. Even in those scenarios you get rolled because 5 tanks typically on your team, some top tier, do 0 damage in pubs anymore. Armor and class imbalances are common, and the player base has gone to shit . . . and that is saying something coming from a solid green.

I don't mind loosing (i do mind) if battles are tied and to the last shell, but as i posted status, this event (and possibly holidays) bring worst human dirt. 2-15, 1-15, 3-15 and similar results are common, and what's more disturbing is pace of kills. In like 1 minute (minus initial 30s deployment) we are 6 kills down, and players are so damn stupid. 

They don't listen and always argue with "reroll stfu" and die instantly. I had interesting session this weekend where i and platoon mate did combined 10K and 8kills and still lost, ofc i was hit by scum clicker and went sperg which lead to permanent chat ban. 

Only way to increase chances are 2/3 man platoons and staying alive till end.

BTW I don't like wining that fast, but i like little bit more win than lose.

I've been playing like garbage lately and that's inexcusable, but holy shit my teams these past few days are just getting stomped so easily. Never has a 6-in-a-row losing streak frustrated me more, especially since I'm not doing my part.

FUCK

Yes, the teams have been without a doubt as bad as it can be. Even platooning gets almost nullified by the sheer crappiness of everyone else on your team. I think all you can really do is give it your all and farm as much damage as possible and hope that it is enough to offset the complete incompetence of most of your teammates. That's pretty much what I've been doing. Don't get me wrong though, many of the games this past weekend have been simply rage-inducing.

I've seen my 1st campinovka* game in quite a long time yesterday. Reminded me of when i started playing. But this was a tier6-7 game. It was quite weird. We lost.

In Wide Park, it was quite similar. I remember the thing to do, when i started, was to peek-a-boo over the track - that's where the battle was fought, period. Then, over time, it went over to the edges: the overpass + downtown, and the rail yard +hill areas. I've started to see matches played the "old" way again, this week - hadn't seen that in quite some time.

Just played a game where i was just frustrated that people were just going nilly-willy anywhere the previous string of matches, and losing. I hopped in my OI Exp, for the heck of it (i rarely play it) and decided, when Ensk showed up as the map, that heck, me too, i'll play tourist! and i went out in the field, because to heck with everyone. Well so did most of the other heavies. Go figure, we won. It was a stupid win, but.... whatever. It's like.... everything i've learned over the few years.... just out the window.

Oh, and my T-34 tank variants are all jinxed today - at least the Russian ones. Just can't get a win in them at all.

*Granted, there's always a few campers, sometimes a bit more than others, but this.... this was both sides camping hardcore. No, really, it was like.... science-fiction or something.

I've managed a 29% WR with my Emil 1 in over 30 games. Average damage is only about 1750 (which on other tier 8 heavies is good enough for a 55%+ WR). I'm still getting used to the meatball-shooter the Swedish call a tank gun.  Almost every game is a wipeout, either my team gets wiped (most of the time) or the other gets wiped 15-2 so I can't do much more than 3k damage. I am losing faith in manpubbiekind.

Last night I platooned with a friend. We usually average 60%-ish WR when we platoon. Our WR was about 50%, because we lost all but one games where I played my Emil I. It is fucking uncanny. I am taking a break from the Emil, even if I like the tank, because this trend is getting me down.

1 hour ago, Kymrel said:

I've managed a 29% WR with my Emil 1 in over 30 games. Average damage is only about 1750 (which on other tier 8 heavies is good enough for a 55%+ WR). I'm still getting used to the meatball-shooter the Swedish call a tank gun.  Almost every game is a wipeout, either my team gets wiped (most of the time) or the other gets wiped 15-2 so I can't do much more than 3k damage. I am losing faith in manpubbiekind.

Last night I platooned with a friend. We usually average 60%-ish WR when we platoon. Our WR was about 50%, because we lost all but one games where I played my Emil I. It is fucking uncanny. I am taking a break from the Emil, even if I like the tank, because this trend is getting me down.

I average near 1k dpg in Ikv 103, 40 battles with 40% winrate.

It's funny how MM streaks can influence your Winrate, i've had 70% WR in Churchill I and Churchill VII and a 61% WR in Black Prince, with the grinds included after 100+ battles. Ridiculous.

played something like 35 games today, either i just drove straight and anihilated the enemy or they've done the same thing

i had maybe 3 games that were actual battles, in the others there wasn't a real chance to do damage cuz everything happend too fast, 3 minute mark end of real battle 5 minute mark end of game

I fought 30 battles yesterday, solo and platooned with different folks. Seemed the same as always to me (at least since coming back to the game a few months ago). Lost some, won more. There were the usual roflstomps both ways. There were gudfights. 

I suspect that the holidays means servers are populated a bit more with kids out of school. But it's not like the average player has gotten worse suddenly. 

I left the game (for good, I thought) right after the holidays last year, grumbling to myself about the way this game works.  So maybe I just have a better attitude this year  

I think the game is the game. Random battles with random teams and streaks of games you can influence mixed with streaks of games you can't.  Those experiencing the latter and showing up here to comment on it isn't evidence of any real difference. 

Decided to come back after a long break. It's either a stomp in which you struggle to squeeze out whatever damage you can before dying, or a stomp in which you race to squeeze out whatever damage you can before the enemy team dies.

Fun!

On 12/20/2016 at 5:16 PM, d0esntmatter said:

If you're on EU you can clearly see a jump in player #, before December and 9.17 there were rarely more than 120k people at peak hours, now it's around 200k.

If you take into account that # of unicums doesn't linearly grow like the # of noobs, you end up with horrible teams (also new WoT TV commercials on european Nat Geo & Fox)

With that being said my overall wr went from 63 to 60 in like 2-3 weeks,mostly noticeable in tier 8 where it's now a damn lottery whether you win or not, doing 3-4k damage won't matter if you're the only one doing more than 1,000.  So i think teams during holidays (and updates) get worse.

Our server pop jumped alot after 9.17 as well. It went up roughly the same percentage as yours while the quality seemed to be inversely exponential to said population. lol

23 hours ago, ZXrage said:

I've been playing like garbage lately and that's inexcusable, but holy shit my teams these past few days are just getting stomped so easily. Never has a 6-in-a-row losing streak frustrated me more, especially since I'm not doing my part.

FUCK

Pretty much how I feel. So many games where I just don't have enough time to win my 1st engagement area before most of the team dies. I feel like I need to carry 14 people almost every time and I can barely carry myself. I just suck these days it seems.

4 hours ago, graukatze said:

a) Turn off chat during holidays.

b) Turn off XVM (always)

c) play OP tanks

= have fun winning

All good advice but unfortunately none of this will stem the avalanche of vile scum and shitbags intent on making your holidays feel special.