lordawesome7

how do you guys feel about the new german DD's?

if low tiers weren't so meh and que/MM wasn't littered with them, i could get a better idea of how they are in normal games

but 150mm on tier 6 DD sounds crazy (though you lose benefits from perks), that and hydro and smoke duo consumables, spot and stay hidden

The tier 2 and tier 3 are really interesting to play, the angles  on the torp launchers and the guns make for some neat tricks - I like them the best of the low tier DD's so far.

WG really did a job on them. Just prior to the patch they life the NDA so that reviewers could go public which several did. The opinion was that the higher tier ships would be very competitive hybrids with the ability to stealth fire with the appropriate build.

Just before release WG then seriously nerfed the detectability range when firing on ALL the KM DDs which basically makes the entire line full of mediocre ships at best.

1 hour ago, TouchFluffyTail said:

T2 is hilarious with the number of torpedoes, the variety of angles, and the firing arcs on the guns.

That and the fact it has insane stealth, is very fast and agile for its tier as well as being tiny means that this could be the seal clubbers T2 of choice.

Tier 2 is awesome. 5.2 km detect ability stock, plus torps shooting from everywhere. This ship is better than the Umikaze pre nerf. It is all downhill from there. T3-T5 are more or less the same ship. Bad detect ability with a few more hp and slightly better torps per tier.  

I am not sure about the rest. T2 keeper, so far that is all. I played again a supertester captained T10 before the nerfs and my Roon was not getting over pens with AP. I just rekked one at medium range shooting AP. This does not bode well if they take full damage will AP. Time will tell. But is this the only non OP'd ship line at launch?

An easy way to fix stealth firing would be to make all ships visible when they fire, but increase the dispersion of incoming shells if the ship Is beyond its concealment range. Something kind of like the dispersion camo. That way the ship is harder to hit but the frustration of not seeing what is shooting at you goes away.

There are a lot of interesting and potentially fun ways to implement stealth firing without making it unbearably frustrating to play against. Sort of a little bit of a riff off of MntRunner's idea what if you're visible in stealth firing range but not targetable until you close that distance? Ships could take pot shots at you and still get lucky but it would still be worth investing skill points in for what amounts to +20% dispersion especially if you're a small ship or a ship with a low silhouette?

The German DD's appear to have been rushed. I expect a patch or 2 where they change their parameters. They appear to be US guns with IJN torps and bad smoke duration. The odd torp arcs go away by tier 6.

Just started playing again after taking a couple of months off.  I'm giving these the ol' college try but I'm not optimistic based on reputation.  I had a fun 6-kill, 45k damage first-game win in the tier 3 but that shit just happens at tier 3 regardless of ship.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 8:31 PM, sahtila said:

Only 60 sec smoke is disadvatage they should not have. Could been logical with stealtfire abilities but now...

Yeah this is a serious disadvantage, maybe if you got an extra charge and they reset quicker it could be doable.

On 08/01/2017 at 1:45 AM, map381 said:

The T22 is just weak.  At everything.  HE is fucking useless.  You're fucked if you're 1v1 vs another DD and he bows on to you and wiggles.  

I didn't know the HE was that weak on the T5. TIL.

On 27.12.2016 at 2:31 AM, sahtila said:

Only 60 sec smoke is disadvatage they should not have. Could been logical with stealtfire abilities but now...

I learned today, during following a pretty terrible podcast, that noone should complain about terrible design- and balancing-choices as soon as they are apparent. Instead, we should wait for the release and two or three more major patches for WG to adress these issue and only then start complaining about the bullshit they did two or three patches ago.

The turret angles on the T-22 are just a kick in the nuts.  Getting all four turrets involved in a dogfight requires giving excellent side shots to the enemy, and I can't angle my stern while sitting in smoke for a quick escape like I'm used to...have to sit sideways or the front turrets won't fire.

So I finally decided to try the KM DDs. So far I played tiers 2,3, and 4. (Not stock because I don't hate myself that much.) They remind me a lot of pre-nerf IJN DD from WAY BACK; so far, strong torpedoes, weak guns. (Even on broadside CAs the AP struggles to pen at 7-8km and the HE routinely shatters on the super structure of BBs. The fire chance is pretty low too.)

The tier 4 is the only ship I played with a 10 point captain which just made it feel ridiculously strong against most players at that level. I'll probably continue the grind and see what happens since I do like the 'ninja-assassin' style of torpedo boat.