Pompous

World of Warships Santa Boxes megathread

Yo these things are lit. Actually really insane value for money it seems like, though of course, RNG loot boxes, have the potential to get basically fuck all while your friend spends $5 and gets a nikolai.

Things to know: Box contents APPEAR(99% sure on this) to be intelligent like regular supercontainers and cannot give you dupe ships. HOWEVER. The contents are generated on them being added to your account, NOT opening. If you buy 20 boxes all at once, like I did, you can end up with 4 emdens, like I did.

If however you buy them in small installments so they can update to your recent acquisitions, you can profit, insanely.

People currently think that the $3 are the best balance of ship chance vs cost, because the $5 have a shitload of camos in them that can flood you out.

Seems like every prem ship minus the preorder stuff+Katori is doable from these. Also this is all from the NA server, who knows if things are different cross-server.

Some sample results;

1. 35x Ocean Soul
2. 35x Gamescom 2016
3. 1500 doubloons
4. Emden + Captain
5. 35x Halloween 2016
6. 1500 Doubloons
7. 35x Gamescom
8. 35x Ocean Soul
9. 35x Gamescom 2016
10. Emden + Captain
11. 35x Halloween 2016
12. 35x Halloween 2016
13. Emden + Captain
14. 35x Halloween 2016
15. 1500 Doubloons
16. 1500 Doubloons
17. 1500 Doubloons
18. 35x Halloween 2016
19. 35x Gamescom 2016
20. Emden + Captain

21. 35x Restless Fire
22. 35x Halloween 2016

23. Gremy + Captain
24. Gremy + Captain

25. Eugen + Captain
26. Restless Fire

Those are my results, all $5 boxes. First chunk of 20 were one purchase, the next 6 were me purchasing 2 at a time and a friend gifting me 2.

vs a friend's results, also $5 boxes, bought 5 at a time.

1. gamescom
2. gamescom
3. restless fire
4. ocean soul
5. gamescom
6. halloween
7. halloween
8. 333 dragon flags
9. halloween
10. ocean soul
11. ocean soul
12. doubloons
13. doubloons
14. restless fire
15. Nikolai

So I went the el cheapo route, and bought 15 of the $1 and 5 of the $3 for a 30 dollar total investment.

Some of the $1 results were 300G, 50 Papa Papa, 7,000,000 credits ( which was something I didn't really need ) and 6 Ocean Soul Camo - it was all at a better rate than you could buy directly.

The first 4 of the $3 results were 1,000 G, 25 Dragon flags x 2, and 20 Ocean Soul camo - then I FINALLY GOT A BONUS SHIP!  Woot Woot Woot! Would it be an Arizona, a Molotov or maybe a ship I already had for it's gold value?????

Then the ship was revealed .....

USS Marblehead ....

Christmas is ruined ... TRIGGERED ... UNINSTALL .... NOLAN RAGE ON KEYBOARD  AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

:feelsbad:

:nmad:

Hey, it could have been worse. 

You could have got the Krispy Kreme or a tier 2 such as the Emben or Albany...

25 minutes ago, Hellvn said:

Hey, it could have been worse. 

You could have got the Krispy Kreme or a tier 2 such as the Emben or Albany...

I actually have both of those sitting in my port, - so it would have been 300-500 gold at least ......

Whhhhhhhyyyyyy? :rabble1:

I actually looked at it compared to the Murmansk I have in port, it's literally worse in every way except for a couple of hundred more HP.  America sends an obsolete ship to the USSR, and somehow through the power of Glorious Stalinium! the ship just evolves into a better version, Pokemon style.

2 hours ago, Hellvn said:

Do not question the power of Stalin comrade!

Purchased 3x $3 containers. Got 20x camo (meh), 25x Dragon Flags (cool), and the Texas (yay)!

Aahhh the magic of Stalinium, of course who'd a thunk it?

Ps Grats on the Texas ... good ship take the Range mod which bumps you out to 18.1 km instaed of the already very good AA mod, because it kinda compensates for you lack of speed and you can still get shots in.

17 minutes ago, xWulffx said:

Aahhh the magic of Stalinium, of course who'd a thunk it?

Ps Grats on the Texas ... good ship take the Range mod which bumps you out to 18.1 km instaed of the already very good AA mod, because it kinda compensates for you lack of speed and you can still get shots in.

Yeah, took the range mod over AA. The Asia server doesn't see too many CV games anymore (>40%?), so the extra range is much more useful.

best part is that I can put the 10 point captain that came with it towards my fledgling CV gameplay.

So far:

$5

Ishizuchi + 10 point commander

100 Halloween camouflage

35 Restless Fire camouflage

35 Gamescom 2016

$3

Emden + 10 point commander

25 Dragon Flags x2

1000 doubloons

50 Papa Papa flags x2

$1

6 Ocean Soul camouflage x2

20 World of Warships Anniversary camouflage

10 Type 6 camouflage

60 New Year 2017 camouflage

As you all know - I got severely triggered by getting the RNG forsaken Marblehead for the 30 buck I dropped the other night.  In truth, I only spent the $15 on the $1 boxes because I wanted to obtain a Molotov - apparently it makes no difference the box dollar amount you buy as to what Random ship you get.  I decided that since my "luck" was so crappy the first time, I would drop another $30 tonight and see if I did better.

So 10 boxes at $3 a piece for $30 total.  Box 3 = Arizona, Box 4 = Sims Box 5= Anshan Box 6=Arizona #2 ( or 6,600 gold ).

This is so broken, that I would advise EVERY serious WoWs player to dump your next 3 months worth of game outlays NOW - like today - not after Christmas, not next week, TODAY TODAY TODAY.

They will fix this RNG giveaway within the next 24-48 hours, and then it will be a miracle if you get a ship EVER.  My first $30 bucks invested gave me the equivalent of $40-45 bucks of gear.  My second $30 bucks gave me the equivalent of $120 of premium shop stuff.  Wargaming is not suicidal, they will cut this crap off soon - like any smart gambling house, they play "loose" at first with all the games to get people buying - then they "tighten" up the machines and tables once the volume starts shooting up - get your stuff now, before they tighten up the giveaways. 

Good luck all.

Decided to not mess around, so I spent the last $30 I would allocate over a 6 month period ( $90 total  or $15 a month ) before Wargaming decided to nerf these drops.

Box 1 = Lo Yang

Box 8 = Atlanta

Box 9 = Atlanta ( 9k gold approx )

I have over 23k gold and enough camo and flags to run for the next six months.

It's important to point out, that NOT selling your crappy premium ships pays off BIG.  I have all the tier 2's and most tier 3's sitting in my port, and so far this system has not given me a Premium ship I did not already have.  If my 19 year old son wants to give me a present, I will have him buy $30 more tomorrow in the hope that I get either the Molotov or the Kutuzov since I have neither.

Seriously, you will never get a better deal than this - blow your money now, even if you won't play many of these ships for a good long time.  The $3 box seems to give the best rewards versus the price.

Also - don't nibble - TAKE A BIG BITE, a box for $3 only has 1K gold, not bad, but not amazing - however, if you get a duplicate warship - which happens when you order a bunch of boxes ( 10 or more ), those extra ships are worth 5-12k gold instead of a measly 1K.

E Bought 18 x 3 euro in batches of 3:

Lo Yang
Atlanta
Marblehead
Emden
160 x Dragon flag
400 x ESCL
5000 dubloons
25 x Ocean soul
25 WoWs anniversary

I was considering getting a 30k dubloon box for christmas, but this seems like a better option, if I'm going to spend the same amount

This is addictive...

Is it possible to get tier 8 cruisers from the captain containers, or does one need admiral crates for those?

5 hours ago, Birkovic said:

Is it possible to get tier 8 cruisers from the captain containers, or does one need admiral crates for those?

got 3 prinz potatoes from the 3$ boxes

21 minutes ago, Crossfader said:

got 3 prinz potatoes from the 3$ boxes

How many boxes have you bought?

28 minutes ago, Crossfader said:

8 3$ plus 12 5$ but i got the prinz in the 3$ ones

That's just ironic :)

Did you buy them today or yesterday?

If you want to avoid getting a duplicate ship you need to purchase the boxes separately. The box contents are determined when they are purchased, not when they are opened. You have to have the premium ship in you port when the box drops in order to avoid getting a duplicate. So if you purchase and open boxes seperately the ships will be in your port when the next box is determined.

4 hours ago, Birkovic said:

E Bought 18 x 3 euro in batches of 3:

Lo Yang
Atlanta
Marblehead
Emden
160 x Dragon flag
400 x ESCL
5000 dubloons
25 x Ocean soul
25 WoWs anniversary

I was considering getting a 30k dubloon box for christmas, but this seems like a better option, if I'm going to spend the same amount

This is addictive...

Bought 15 more. Got 10 camo's, some other stuff and an Arizona. Stop while you are ahead :)

I was gifted three containers last night. Got 1500 doubloons, 60 new year's camo, and a Gremyashchy. Decided to buy three of the $3 containers for myself, and all three were 20 type 6 camo. So RNGesus was not my friend this time. I'm not going to buy anymore for myself but I'll get a few guys for my ingame friends.

From what I've seen of the containers it's a bad idea to go looking for stuff in them. It's better to treat them like an outlet store, set a budget and see what you get because the value is always good. The $1 ones are pretty amazing for day-to-day stuff.