Pompous

World of Warships Santa Boxes megathread

Wargaming dropped it's panties to extend the Santa Boxes for another week!

The only $3 ship left that I don't already have is the Indy - you need to pop $5 for a shot at the Eugen.  Frankly - I am DONE - I feel dirty enough already with as many boxes as I bought and got as gifts.

Wargaming is like a pusher!  They obviously must be making some good coin over this -- I KNOW they sucked me in!

Spent $60 and only thing of note was 3k gold and the Indy -- I am such a dork!

How do you get these Santa boxes? Did start playing again yesterday but couldn't find them in the store. Is this an US only thig?

Looking through my bank statements and cringing at all the money I spent on these crates the last few weeks:

Money spent: $250

Gold value of ships obtained: 71,300 (not counting Nikolai or Gremyashchy as they're listed as promo ships with no gold value). Going off the 25,000 gold package for $100, that's $285 of value. But of course that's not counting the extra doubloons I got in many small amounts like 1,000 from the $3 and 1,500 from the $5 crates, along with 11,000 doubloons for getting the Eugen twice. So add another I'd say 25,000 doubloons total from the crates puts the total up to 96,300 doubloons total, $385 value. Add in whatever the dollar value is of the over 1,000 camouflages I got like gamescom, Restless Fire, Halloween, Ocean Soul, WoWS Anniversary, etc. and I guess it was worth it value-wise, but I won't be spending that kind of money on a game again anytime soon, hopefully never.

Edit: Oh, and add another $50 of value or so for the 180 days of premium time I got from a crate as well, even though I already had bought the year of premium time when it was half off a couple months ago from the store, so it's not like I needed it but whatever.

Im not looking at the bank statements to tally it all up. However, I did *helpfully* take over the bill paying so my wife could get a break from it.

Um, ships obtained...actually, prior to this, got a gamescom code off ebay. Tirp, Emden, 2500 gold, 7 days premium for $35. They wont give me the gamescom flag and 100 (!!!) camo though.  :/

Between Santa crates and the discount they ran on tech tree premiums though, my primary account is missing the Belfast, Leningrad, Krispy Kreme, maybe the Tier 2/3 Russian cruiser? Otherwise...

Second account for the kid(s) is about the same. It's like 90% premiums and ARP ships. :P

Btw, once you have em all, selling Tirpitz and then buying a larger number of crates is good. They will all roll Tirpitz, and any duplicates just net you 12,500 doubloons and maybe the extra slot/captain. That paid off to get the Missouri. I know have piles of German 10 pt captains now. :D

9 hours ago, cheereereerios said:

Im not looking at the bank statements to tally it all up. However, I did *helpfully* take over the bill paying so my wife could get a break from it.

Um, ships obtained...actually, prior to this, got a gamescom code off ebay. Tirp, Emden, 2500 gold, 7 days premium for $35. They wont give me the gamescom flag and 100 (!!!) camo though.  :/

Between Santa crates and the discount they ran on tech tree premiums though, my primary account is missing the Belfast, Leningrad, Krispy Kreme, maybe the Tier 2/3 Russian cruiser? Otherwise...

Second account for the kid(s) is about the same. It's like 90% premiums and ARP ships. :P

Btw, once you have em all, selling Tirpitz and then buying a larger number of crates is good. They will all roll Tirpitz, and any duplicates just net you 12,500 doubloons and maybe the extra slot/captain. That paid off to get the Missouri. I know have piles of German 10 pt captains now. :D

That's what I kind of did with the Eugen (although I never had it in the first place so I didn't actually sell it to do it). Did you do that with the Tirpitz by buying the $3 or $5 containers?

Apparently the $3 and $5 boxes will give the same chance for a ship - the $5 boxes will give out some better stuff like the gamescom camo, larger amounts of dragon flags, etc. The $3 crates get the 50% XP, Papa Papa, and similar.

But the best bang for the buck is the $3 crates. I have plenty of doubloons now to cover Belfast when it pops up, and figure I will just wait for crates to fill out the lineup with ships like Dunkerque and Leningrad.

First batch, a few days ago:  2x$5, 2x$3.  Some camos and doubloons.

Second batch, yesterday:  4x$5.  Some camo, doubloons, and an Atlanta.  I've always wanted an Atlanta to troll around in for something different, but never wanted to pay full value for a mediocre ship.

Today, giving it one last roll of the dice:  6x$5.  An Arizona, an Anshan, a Lo Yang, a Prinz Eugen, and some camo.  I wanted an Arizona but wouldn't pay money for horrible tier 6 MM, and wanted a Prinz Eugen but wouldn't pay money for a Hipper.  I'd rather have the doubloon value for the Anshan and Lo Yang (I own Gremy and have an 18-point Benson), but oh well.

I ended up spending $66 and got nearly $200 in ships alone.

46 minutes ago, Mesrith said:

I ended up spending $66 and got nearly $200 in ships alone.

You won the Santa Box sweepstakes, most of us had similar good fortune as well - it was a generous give away from WoWs - but they must have taken in a fortune upfront.  I suspect they might use a good chunk of this money on a large scale advertising campaign.

Well I broke down and decided to buy 10 of the $5 boxes just to see if I can stockpile a few more camo's. Here is what I got:

1,500 Doubloons X 3 (I can always use more doubloons)

35 X Ocean Soul Camo X 4 (Yay!!!!)

Ishizuchi + 10 point captain (Already had it so I got 2,500 Doubloons)

35 x Gamescom Camo (First, and only, one of these I have gotten from the boxes)

35 x Restless Fire Camo (This is the one I was hoping for)

Those Gamescon camos are ridiculously powerful if you have a tier 8 ( or 9 if Missouri ) that you can wreck face in.  So many credits - even for an above average game.

17 hours ago, How_Terrible said:

Well I broke down and decided to buy 10 of the...

...3 EUR boxes. What I got.

6x Anniversary Camo (in a row...)

Began to fear the worst then

2x 30 Dragon flags

1x some flags

and finally

Bwyskawica...

Which was the only ship I even wanted. So I guess I broke about even if you count the 10 Pts Captain.