Jump to content
DanLBob

Balance 2.0 - Changes and Opportunities

Recommended Posts

Hello folks,

not sure how familiar you all are with the changes afoot in Armoured Warfare at the moment.

Balance 2.0

Big ticket items

1) Indirect fire arty as a playable class is gone!!! They are going to test keeping the class as a high calibre assault gun but it might disappear completely in a future update.

2) major rebalancing of damage and HP. Damage from same calibre guns will be normalized across the tiers as will HP. It means that lower tiers will be much better able to fight higher tiers.

3) overhaul of the retrofits system so it will no longer be necessary to grind multiple lines to unlock the retros.

4) and many other changes big and small, please check the link above.

 

Additionally the devs have finally released the compensation plan for existing players who will be impacted by the rebalancing changes. Basically if you have a vehicle that is being tier shifted you will get the vehicle at its new tier plus the vehicle being introduced to replace it. If you have played one game in the vehicle before the changes then your replacement vehicles will be fully researched and equipped. That is a potential huge saving in rep and credits. For example the existing T4 Swingfire will be pushed to T6 so if you have the T4 and have played one battle in it you will get its T4 replacement fully kitted out an ready to play AND you will get the new T6 Swingfire fully equipped too! Also they will be rebalancing premium tanks too. The current Centauro 120 T7 TD is going to move to T9 so the reskinned Wolf premium version will also move to T9. It will be the "first and only" T9 premium and is currently available for sale for 5500G. Anyone who previously bought gold and has it languishing on their account might want to think about grabbing an effected premium vehicle just in case. Other premiums to be changed include the T5 Chinese WZ-1224 MBT. It will move to T6 and it is currently on sale for half price (750G). The Terminator HIFV will be moved from T6 to T8. If you bought a founders pack then you are getting a T8 premium after the changes. If you didn't get one then the reaper version is currently available for sale.

Basically if you have an existing AW account or you think you might want to play some modern tanks in the future then i might be a good time to log in, check out the full range of changes and maybe grind a few lines to set yourself up for free stuff. if that boost the population and I get to play during Australian prime time then that would be awesome.

 

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took AW a little over a year to remove what WG should've nixed in the infancy of WoT, before anything was even done. I might play this game if it's WoT without arty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one of the reasons I supported AW in the beginning and bought a bunch of stuff to show that support. I was really disappointed initially but still log in from time to time to blow up bots.

I put my support behind the game on the chance that the competition would force WG to fix theirs.  With AW fixing arty by its removal I really hope this game picks up steam again to force some positive changes to WOT. 

 

I'm hopeful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was figuring once the arty goes bye bye I might try and play it a little

Maybe if they had done that from the beginning their servers wouldn't be dead :doge:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, zapyoug said:

I was figuring once the arty goes bye bye I might try and play it a little

Maybe if they had done that from the beginning their servers wouldn't be dead :doge:

 

Well as I said, if you think you might want to play after the 0.19 changes then it might pay to have a look now because there are a lot of opportunities to benefit from the rebalancing and associated compensation. If you have previously purchased gold and its not doing anything consider buying a Centauro 120, Terminator or WZ1224 as they will all be uptiered and you will in the case of the WZ its currently on special for half price (750G for what will be a T6 premium, normal T6 premium price is over 3k). And hey if you haven't tried it yet check out the new GLOPS mode, its not really my cup of tea but a lot of folks have been enthusiastic about it. There is a boot camp event for GLOP at the moment which give bonus credits which might help if you want to buy some of the soon to be uptiered regular vehicles.

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No official ETA, but it's most definitely gonna be March at the earliest since the test server is in first round of testing with lots of buggy unfinished shit and is only up to tier 8 for now.

From what I heard, the news isn't good though. Apparently, the game went full WoT copy mode on PTS with lowering accuracy of guns, massive weakspots to make the rng seem not as bad, dumbing down the retrofit system into few generic pieces like in WoT, ATGMs are OP as fuck and are pretty much the premshells of AW now and the vehicles without them get fucked hard, etc. The only good thing so far is the removal of arty. The rest just makes the game worse.

Also the TTK was increased, the guy I talked with liked that but noted it needed more polishing. My own opinion is that the faster TTK is a good thing for multitude of reasons which is pointless to discuss rite nao. However, we have both came to the same conclusion - even if they manage to polish the balance 2.0 well (highly unlikely given their track record), the game will just be a shitty copy of WoT (my.com is just as bad with bundless and shit as WG) with less content, but without arty. To some, it might appeal, to most it will not - especially if WoT2.0 comes out or if WG manage to overhaul old WoT with their own Sandbox stuff.

At best, it will become minor game which will die in 2-3 years, unless released on Steam and somehow managing not to get blasted off the face of earth by the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does seem that there is a fair bit of work still to do on the B2.0 reworking, the devs seem to still be hoping for a February release. Personally I don't really have a feel for what its all going to mean. I just hope it will be the beginning of a population recovery so i can get some PvP battles again.

One thing I'd like to highlight again is the compensation plan for B2.0 implementation. There will be complete refunds on anything that is being changed. in particular if you have a vehicle that is being tier shifted then any camo, decals or battle hardening for that vehicle will be refunded IN FULL regardless of whether you bought the item for full price or on sale. At the moment all winter camo schemes are on sale for 50% off. I'm not suggesting anyone goes out and spends money to buy camo but if already have an account and you have some gold sitting doing nothing then maybe think about loging in and buying some half price camo on those vehicles that are being shifted and double your gold once B2.0 is live.

 

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2017 at 7:17 AM, EndlessAgony said:

At best, it will become minor game which will die in 2-3 years, unless released on Steam and somehow managing not to get blasted off the face of earth by the community.

I think you have an unrealistic view of the iterative game dev process like most gamers. You come across as a bit of a WoT fanboy based upon you analysis of the changes and dismiss the arty change as minor when in fact it is huge when compared to WoT. 

Alpha/Beta WoT was garbage and it survived, though market was a lot less competitive then. T-50-2s pulling F1 car level Gs, 10 artillery per side, extremely unbalanced vehicles for their tier (KV1s, KV1, KV2) sitting that way for too long and no physics to the effect you could tip your tank off a sheer cliff like a seesaw and shoot through the roof then back up to prevent falling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xelos said:

I think you have an unrealistic view of the iterative game dev process like most gamers. You come across as a bit of a WoT fanboy based upon you analysis of the changes and dismiss the arty change as minor when in fact it is huge when compared to WoT. 

Alpha/Beta WoT was garbage and it survived, though market was a lot less competitive then. T-50-2s pulling F1 car level Gs, 10 artillery per side, extremely unbalanced vehicles for their tier (KV1s, KV1, KV2) sitting that way for too long and no physics to the effect you could tip your tank off a sheer cliff like a seesaw and shoot through the roof then back up to prevent falling.

I haven't played WoT on my own acc for close to two and a half years now, I bought an acc for WoT EU like two months ago (after I stopped playing AW) and got it perma'd in four hours because of my anti clicker raging all over the place.

In AW (EU server), I was one of the founding members of [SRY], the first commander actually, the only top 3 clan still active in significant numbers (RSOP is pretty much kill from what I heard, and DOSE fell apart, came back, and died again).

I currently play Blitz for lulz, and will probably stop playing that too if the rumors I heard about its supposed changes are true.

I hate WG with a passion, same with my.com, I sent several strongly worded mails to each company, and am banned from WG official forums RU server, and have about fifteen banned accounts on AW official forums - mostly for pointing out various issues in the game, inluding arty and calling for its removal - ironic huh?. I pity the actual devs of both games.

Now that we got the bullshit about me being a fanboi of WoT, as well as the rest, out of the way, let's get back to the topic.

I'm not saying arty death is a small change, I am saying the other changes mitigate the positive effect arty death will have on the game. What all the other changes show is AW heading towards the same retardedness as WoT, forced brawling meta and one ammotype above them all with ATGMs becoming AW's premshells - at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they increased their credit price and gave the option to buy for gold. With no competitive content to speak of, why should competitive players switch? To deal with the same bullshit, but with less rewards for their effort?

AW is not entering into open market, it's entering into market monopolized by a behemoth with strong marketing machinery and it will have nothing to stand against that if release of B2.0 is even close to its current shit state, aka AW:Shitty Clone of Already Shit Game Edition. With My.Com being WG incarnate, what incentive will the pubs, the bulk of the players and paying customers have to switch? Especially with all the time and money they already invested into the game?

And that's not even mentioning the modern WoT that's supposedly in development...

I'm not saying AW will die as WoT fanboi in denial, but as someone who was avid fan of AW and who hoped until the last minute that it could take off and would be better than WoT. I'm sad that it will die, but with it 'WoTiffying' , it's inevitable...

Also, please stop assuming things about my fanboying, my opinions, or anything else regarding me, fgt. :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, EndlessAgony said:

I haven't played WoT on my own acc for close to two and a half years now, I bought an acc for WoT EU like two months ago (after I stopped playing AW) and got it perma'd in four hours because of my anti clicker raging all over the place.

In AW (EU server), I was one of the founding members of [SRY], the first commander actually, the only top 3 clan still active in significant numbers (RSOP is pretty much kill from what I heard, and DOSE fell apart, came back, and died again).

I currently play Blitz for lulz, and will probably stop playing that too if the rumors I heard about its supposed changes are true.

I hate WG with a passion, same with my.com, I sent several strongly worded mails to each company, and am banned from WG official forums RU server, and have about fifteen banned accounts on AW official forums - mostly for pointing out various issues in the game, inluding arty and calling for its removal - ironic huh?. I pity the actual devs of both games.

Now that we got the bullshit about me being a fanboi of WoT, as well as the rest, out of the way, let's get back to the topic.

I'm not saying arty death is a small change, I am saying the other changes mitigate the positive effect arty death will have on the game. What all the other changes show is AW heading towards the same retardedness as WoT, forced brawling meta and one ammotype above them all with ATGMs becoming AW's premshells - at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they increased their credit price and gave the option to buy for gold. With no competitive content to speak of, why should competitive players switch? To deal with the same bullshit, but with less rewards for their effort?

AW is not entering into open market, it's entering into market monopolized by a behemoth with strong marketing machinery and it will have nothing to stand against that if release of B2.0 is even close to its current shit state, aka AW:Shitty Clone of Already Shit Game Edition. With My.Com being WG incarnate, what incentive will the pubs, the bulk of the players and paying customers have to switch? Especially with all the time and money they already invested into the game?

And that's not even mentioning the modern WoT that's supposedly in development...

I'm not saying AW will die as WoT fanboi in denial, but as someone who was avid fan of AW and who hoped until the last minute that it could take off and would be better than WoT. I'm sad that it will die, but with it 'WoTiffying' , it's inevitable...

Also, please stop assuming things about my fanboying, my opinions, or anything else regarding me, fgt. :wub:

I've seen you around I know you are not but it is just how it came across based upon my reading. I think belorussian game design just aligns too closely to asian markets (grind grind grind) when I'd rather just pay2play. Personally if i had capital i'd build a flat mostly tier-less vehicular shooter, like csgo with vehicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problems with AW are multiple and quite obvious. I love Obsidian to a fanboy levels but their lack of experience when it comes to this type of game is clear. Slow progress, back and forth changes, sloppy project management and constant overhauling of same features stick out and the level of fucking up that has gone to the economy of the game is borderline comical. My.com isn't really helping though, they seem to have been very eager to try and make money out of the game and they've pretty much fucked up every single event possible and at times seem to be doing their very best to drive away players.

The introduction of tier 9s and 10s came way too early when one considers the size of the population and state of the game in general but I suspect the Russians really wanted to have their armata in the game asap. As a result the mid to high tiers were very messed up for the longest while. Final blow for many people was the "missile patch" that introduced shooting missiles on the move etc. and made competitive meta pretty random and uninteresting to play.

As for AW RSOP everyone pretty much ran out of things to achieve and grind in game last spring already and pretty much only booted the game up for tournaments and eventually everyone active already had all the possible prizes one could get and stopped doing even that. Most people moved on to other games (csgo,dota, wt, wot)  while waiting for balance 2.0 to hit but the endless delays are killing people's interest. Personally I'm bit torn when it comes to b2.0 as many features sound horrible and general impression is just "wot with modern tanks" but on the other hand the gameplay videos I've seen seem actually pretty good. I hope they actually release a working and polished version even if it means further delays and I will be giving the game a proper try when that happens. Not sure if AW RSOP will make any sort of a meaningful comeback at this point though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Xelos said:

I've seen you around I know you are not but it is just how it came across based upon my reading. I think belorussian game design just aligns too closely to asian markets (grind grind grind) when I'd rather just pay2play. Personally if i had capital i'd build a flat mostly tier-less vehicular shooter, like csgo with vehicles.

I personally don't mind grinding, I grew up on Pokemon (litteraly the first game I owned was german version of Pokemon: Leaf Green) and I like collecting and leveling stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, EndlessAgony said:

I personally don't mind grinding, I grew up on Pokemon (litteraly the first game I owned was german version of Pokemon: Leaf Green) and I like collecting and leveling stuff.

 
 
 

I didn't either when I was younger but as I became older it all just became a big time waste to get to "end game" content. The last game I played with my two friends who I game with was Neverwinter and we laughed at the content. Literally running through levels to get to end game content that was boring. I'd rather paid to skip to end content to find out it was garbage. My time is worth way more which is why i've mostly stayed away from multiplayer pve games. Aside if a dev could come up with an rpg somehow that involved dark souls type combat mechanics and hardcore permadeath/afflictions that made losing mean something I'd try it.

For PvP I've been playing smite lately and their monetization model is one of the best I've seen. They have a low cost full unlock options to play the game without any grinding or you may grind to unlock characters/gods. They make most of their money on skins and pseudo-gambling (which I don't completely agree with but if I'm saving time so be it). If AW just had a P2P full unlock for the PvP game at least you'd see a lot more people in the game than this grinder model that really is just a pointless time suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...