ZXrage

Ikv 103 Appreciation Thread

Does anybody else here enjoy this tank or is it just me? The pen and shell velocity may be ass, but dealing 300 damage on such a small, fast, and good gun dep tank brings me so much laughter. The gun handling isn't as ass as it should be on this tank, I find that really funny :serb:

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO MAKE THREAD FOR THIS THING :cri:

pls rename the thread to "Ikv 103 appreciation thread"

------------------------------------------

Its indeed hilarous, people just dont know how to play it. Fun fact: if you aim at third person mode you can shoot over small bumps, if the range is long enough :serb: 

Im considering to 3 mark this thing

I think it outranks the worst tanks. no accuracy, the shell lands after tea has boiled if you start by putting a solid block if ice in the kettle, and the team has to win for you.

I originally wanted this to be a tier 7... the gun had 300 HEAT pen in reality.... which is not too terrible for a derp at tier 7 on a paper armoured turretlessTD. Its also a shame it does not have the historical -16 depression and 230hp engine. 

14 hours ago, graukatze said:

While the tier 4 was fun (all the one-shots!), the tier 5 seems to have trouble penning... Looks like a mini-ISU, but I can't see how to make this thing become a deterrence.

The tier 4 is trash, compare it with the true king of the TDs, the hetzer: hetzer gets better acc (0.51 vs 0.54) and 1.63 vs 3.36 aim time (yes, 2x faster!!) and also faster reload, and much, much faster turning speed (hetzer stock engine is awefull giving hetzer super speed turning with elite engine) and that on a smaller chassis, with prob better camo (dont have game running cant check) with equal mobility and better armor.

The hetzer is so much better as the swedish tier 4, its disgusting... (the much better gun angle and gun depression dont compensate that, and hetzer also gets 3x less bloom from traverseing (0.08 vs 0.22).

The tier 5 seems a better match for the hetzer, you know, a tier 4 TD...

Based on stats, the whole swedich td line seems to suffer from:

1. Does this tank have a comparison in the german / russian TD line? if yes, 2, if no: lucky
  2. Is this tank worse? yes, nice balance, no, check 1 more closely...

Since gold ammo for credits, the following ``best tds`` hasnt changed ANYTHING:

• 4: Hetzer
  • 5: SU-85 (with the new 85mm, its rly, rly good...)
  • 6: SU-100, never buffed or nerfed, and the best t6 td for as long as its in the game (Su-100 > hellcat, since 122mm russian bias > 90mm gold spam pussy)
  • 7: Jagdpanther used to shit on anything, till WG gave SU-152 gold ammo, 700 alpha dmg > any other tier 7 TD
  • 8: ISU or go home, 2 shotting same tier mediums and TDs, scoring 3 hits and already ``doing enough``, ISU > rest

tier 9 is the first tier where TDs are actually balance, both vs tanks and vs eachother, and thats also pure because WG nerfed the 704 hard, the original 704 would still be the best tier 9 td (by a margin)

Im just at tier 4, but i can already see where this goes... (all tanks have a clone in the german or russian tech tree, which is the same, but better...)

55 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

O2vt1dm.png

Amazing, so the hetzer not only gets a (much) better gun as the Sav M43 it ALSO gets better camo and mobility, i guess view range is suchs a much many important stat, that having crappy viewrange cancels it all out! :serb: 

This tank just shits out memes :serb:
XAn86xL.jpg

15 hours ago, graukatze said:

Sold this POS tank. At least during holiday season this thing is unbearable. Top damage, loss after loss, ... gone.

Sorry to hear that. Have you considered the occupation of farming helpless tier 5s?

5 hours ago, ZXrage said:

This tank just shits out memes :serb:
XAn86xL.jpg

Sorry to hear that. Have you considered the occupation of farming helpless tier 5s?

Nice. I can't sit, wait and snipe. My teams crumble left and right and all that's left are ulcers.

May I ask which equipment you run (Rammer, Bingo, Camo)?

3 hours ago, graukatze said:

Nice. I can't sit, wait and snipe. My teams crumble left and right and all that's left are ulcers.

May I ask which equipment you run (Rammer, Bingo, Camo)?

I'm running Rammer, GLD, and Vents, since i already have full camo and nobody has VR at tier 5 :serb:

4 hours ago, graukatze said:

IF you get tier 5. Got more tier 6s and 7s though. Not fun then. Not at all.

It's all about picking targets. Load gold for 6s, then downright ignore hard tier 7s

Edit because no double-posting:
This tank is an absolute crime to play. 2-shotting same-tier mediums is fun :serb:
Jodxti2.jpg

That said, I'd probably swap vents for optics if I have the money. The gun kinda needs the buff from vents, but spotting for yourself with your OP camo stationary/on the move is much better.

On 12/23/2016 at 11:29 AM, leggasiini said:

Its indeed hilarous, people just dont know how to play it. Fun fact: if you aim at third person mode you can shoot over small bumps, if the range is long enough :serb:

That is because the awful shell velocity...10.5 cm derp seems fast compared to it...it has shell slowness and trajectory almost like 3.7 inch howizer...

21 hours ago, Felicius said:

That is because the awful shell velocity...10.5 cm derp seems fast compared to it...it has shell slowness and trajectory almost like 3.7 inch howizer...

You can compensate for this by shooting people close-range. This tank is small as fuck that if you do it right they wont be able to shoot back.

The accuracy is pretty garbage, anyway.

Not too hopeful for this thing so far, but crew is still only about 85%. Seems very unreliable, and I'm losing credits hand over fist in anything but a tier 5 game. Not accurate enough to make 120 HEAT work against anything with real armor, especially with glacial shell velocity. The gun depression is nice and there's a certain viability in dunking people for 300 a hit, but overall it just seems like a troll tank that isn't actually good. Just makes the gameplay more cancerous by allowing any retard to sit behind a hill in some useless position and wait to whack some one for most of their health before being ripped to shreds in the mop up phase.

EDIT: HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT. This tank is fucking GARBAGE. Useless, steaming pile of bounce bounce bounce HEAT. Fuck WG for putting this kind of trash in the game. HEAT is fucking WORTHLESS. Unfuckingplayable.

I thought it was pretty fun, It's just completely useless. The KV-1S has a higher pen, higher alpha, higher DPM derp with twice the HP, decent armor, and a turret. It's like a T7 compared to the Ikv, except they're both T5. Sure, comparing it to one of the most OP tanks in the game is a bit unfair, but even among TDs it's almost entirely inferior to the S35 CA's higher DPM, 220 pen, 330 alpha APCR rounds.

Really though, I didn't think the IKV's pen was necessarily the problem. It would of been nice to have enough to just snap a silhouette and get back into cover, but if you want to pen something it almost always can manage to do it after aiming. It's just a matter of having the time to do that with no HP or armor.