ZXrage

Ikv 103 Appreciation Thread

The tank's properties have zero synergy. The gun is useless at range, but getting close with a giant paper tank in a tier full of howitzers is suicidal. So either you do nothing useful or you get close and risk getting one shotted by a 105 or arty, or try to make bad trades where you expose paper armor every shot. He got flat out lucky in that video, I have never seen any gun as unreliable and I never saw it pen nearly that consistently. If enemies just move, forget it. Final straw for me was a KV-1S at 200m pointing straight at me stationary... I had gold loaded, fully aimed, and said, "this will bounce"... and it did. That's how fucking unreliable it is. The pen is complete trash when you actually stop and think about it. Typical TDs in this tier have 130-150 AP rounds and 170+ APCR; fixed guns tend higher in general at maybe ~140/190 and max out at 171/239 ffs. This thing gets 120 and 140 HEAT with glacial shell velocity. Those are tier 3 TD pen numbers, It's garbage.

19 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

I don't understand how the hell I achieved what i did in this tank, its great for a giggle but you really really can't do anything against tier 6s and 7s. 

It's literally like a shit t40. You reload 3s longer, for less alpha, you have half the gun traverse and you are a tier higher. The only benefits are 70 more hp and gun dep but t40 works some ridges better because the gun is literally on the top of the tank. Seriously I'd rather play the t40 from t4 in the same MM. 

51 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

The IKV is more like a shit old ELC since its not as mobile and has shit pen.

How do you compare it to ELC? Different shells, gun, hp, view range, speed. 

On 6/28/2018 at 1:19 AM, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Because the IKV 103 is not slow and it has a high alpha gun like the ELC did (for its tier + type). 

I guess you aren't taking advantage of its mobility if you are comparing it to a T-40.

Mate ELC had a turret. Not fully rotating but you could claim it had a wide gun arc, the IKV has a narrow gun arc even for a tank destroyer. Elc had moderately fast shells ,this doesn't. Elc went 60-70kph with ease, this usually cruises at 40-50. ELC while slowly traversing for a light still turned way faster than this. This is why this comparison makes no sense.

I compare it to t-40 because they are similarly mobile the t40 is just capped at 38. But when in soft and mid terrain and on uphills they move around the same. IKV is only faster on hard and on the downhills