Jump to content
Kymrel

Assault mode - On or off?

Recommended Posts

I've had the Assault Mode off for a long time, although I leave Encounter on for variety. When I last had it on right after it got introduced it seemed to give pretty bad games where one team camped hard and the other ran into enemy guns to die on some maps or just overran the defenders on others.

I see that a lot of streamers tend to have Assault on and wonder if I should give it a chance again. Do you play Assault Mode or have it turned off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have it on, but im not really sure i like it:eww:

most of all it's the teams, people just don't realize that it's not a standard battle and that they need to defend/attack to win, not just anihilate the enemy, karelia is probably the best example when the attack just camps at the hill to acomplish nothing without a spotter and when the defense pushes a1 line into their non existent base only to lose the other flank and not being able to get back in time to stop the cap

people just want to destroy all enemy tanks and would rather die trying than win by a smart less wn8 rewarding move

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Encounter can be cancer.

Assault can be some of the bestest farming in your life

On defend yeah but on attack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

only recently enabled assault, and turned off encounter

Mines encounter and Prok encounter in particular are incredibly vulnerable to retard caps so the match can be over in 3 mins and it's GG. People still go valley on Lakeville encounter or refuse to go for base on Steppes encounter.

On assault even if you end up losing you can usually end up with nice damages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like Marine said, Assault mode is easy mode. 
Lots of good players have it off, so you'll see less of them and your win rate will improve. 
It funnels the players into certain spots, so it makes farming easy.
There are lots of blowouts, and the gameplay isn't great, but you'll still pad your winrate.
It gives some variety.
It isn't as bad as it used to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, engineered said:

Like Marine said, Assault mode is easy mode. 
It gives some variety.
It isn't as bad as it used to be.

 

32 minutes ago, KaiKai said:

normal matches are already campy and boring, why play a mode where one team has to camp base by default

Because the best defense is offense... the attacking teams rarely expect it or strangely enough camp offense anyway.

And if your gonna camp/break a camp its only 10 minutes max ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So based on the response here as well as my similar question I asked in a status update some time ago, I think the best course of action would be going ahead and trying it! There is nothing to lose, and then you can determine if you like what you're seeing and turn it back off/keep it on accordingly. It depends a lot on personal preferences and playstyle imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, volim_velike_sise said:

i have it on, but im not really sure i like it:eww:

most of all it's the teams, people just don't realize that it's not a standard battle and that they need to defend/attack to win, not just anihilate the enemy, karelia is probably the best example when the attack just camps at the hill to acomplish nothing without a spotter and when the defense pushes a1 line into their non existent base only to lose the other flank and not being able to get back in time to stop the cap

people just want to destroy all enemy tanks and would rather die trying than win by a smart less wn8 rewarding move

 

I have it on. Variety is the spice of life.

And I notice the opposite problem from the quote. People focus too much on their attacking or defending role and not enough on the best way to annihilate the enemy. Defenders especially tend to camp too hard on many maps. They end up losing because they give up too much map control and refuse to counterattack and exploit advantages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, xtc4 said:

I have it on. Variety is the spice of life.

And I notice the opposite problem from the quote. People focus too much on their attacking or defending role and not enough on the best way to annihilate the enemy. Defenders especially tend to camp too hard on many maps. They end up losing because they give up too much map control and refuse to counterattack and exploit advantages.

Then you have maps like Sand River where defending team wins by default 99% of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, xtc4 said:

I have it on. Variety is the spice of life.

And I notice the opposite problem from the quote. People focus too much on their attacking or defending role and not enough on the best way to annihilate the enemy. Defenders especially tend to camp too hard on many maps. They end up losing because they give up too much map control and refuse to counterattack and exploit advantages.

mostly what i was trying to point out is that people aren't aware if they're on attack of if they're defending

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I turn it on when I get bored with the other modes and play it for about a month before I get pissed off and turn it off again.  Assault requires a lot more team work and for people to actually have a clue at how to win than random teams can usually provide. 

That said, if you are grinding things like tank destroyers or arty - turn it on.  Assault is great for both. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assault is the easiest way to do some of the missions, it's also the easiest way to get Ace Tankers and many other great things as enemies tend to be predictable and all go down one 'corridor'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Encounter can be cancer.

Assault can be some of the bestest farming in your life

^^^

 

As previously mentioned the only cancer thing with assault is when you attack on sand river 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Saffee said:

^^^

 

As previously mentioned the only cancer thing with assault is when you attack on sand river 

but even there, if you're not a heavy you can let others try to push, kemp back and chai snipe bobs that get spotted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, nemlengyel said:

but even there, if you're not a heavy you can let others try to push, kemp back and chai snipe bobs that get spotted

And that makes you win games how? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...