Sign in to follow this  
Gryphon_

XMQP

If you run xvm and have seen dots and even arrows appear in the minimap, check this out XMQP

From koreanrandom:

XMQP is a service which gives you an ability to use some special features and macros, which are intended to exchange of some additional info with your allies.

For example, with XMQP you can:

• draw the on the minimap (arrows, accurate clicks)
  • see if your ally have a "sixth sence" (on the minimap or somewhere else)
  • see if your ally is overturned and needs help
  • see if your ally is spotted
  • see if your ally is drowns/lit e.t.c.

It's a basic functionality which will be extended in future. You can enable it in your personal area on www.ModXVM.com/en/

Please note:

• You can see (and your allies can see) all those things only if your ally also enabled XMQP.

If you use xvm, go into your settings on modxvm.com and turn this on. Takes clicking on the minimap to a whole new level...!

Every mouse click - even multiple clicks in same square - creates a dot. If you click and drag across the map, that creates an arrow. Everything you create is colored with your rating so people can ignore what shitters draw.

10 hours ago, Gryphon_ said:

Every mouse click - even multiple clicks in same square - creates a dot. If you click and drag across the map, that creates an arrow. Everything you create is colored with your rating so people can ignore what shitters draw.

YEEEEEeeeeooooooooooooommmmmmmm.... eh.  I'm not sure i'd want the possibility that some bozo scribbles my minimap all full of red arrows, or if you can just have one at a time, that a stupid red arrow keeps showing up every half-second because someone's like "Haw haw, i'm on the innernet!"

4 hours ago, BadLuckCharm said:

YEEEEEeeeeooooooooooooommmmmmmm.... eh.  I'm not sure i'd want the possibility that some bozo scribbles my minimap all full of red arrows, or if you can just have one at a time, that a stupid red arrow keeps showing up every half-second because someone's like "Haw haw, i'm on the innernet!"

Well you've got it anyway for all those who use xvm and enable XMQP. If you dont like it, dont enable XMQP then you'll be in the dark with the shitters.

Any opportunity to have a real tactical discussion is good, right?

10 hours ago, Gryphon_ said:

Well you've got it anyway for all those who use xvm and enable XMQP. If you dont like it, dont enable XMQP then you'll be in the dark with the shitters.

Any opportunity to have a real tactical discussion is good, right?

The opportunity is only as good as the probability.

based on experience with srs bzness clan wars my expectations in pub play are lower than odds of winning the lottery

At present, the odds of there being more than one player on your team with XVM on and XMQP enabled is pretty low

It's pretty cool for platooning though. Since you can set an exact mark on the map you can communicate more precisely.

On second thought, that might just help arty platoons :-|