Sign in to follow this  
JelleFly

What to do during holidays?

hello,

How do i get decent results during this period in my games. i dropped from 1900 recent wn8 54% to 1780 52% in just 2 days

i mean i cant make any progress because of these shitgames i get and these stupid teams

Any suggestions on how to avoid the xmas potatoes?

-jellefly

The way you worded it, the best answer would be simply don't play.

A more srs answer would be ignore the factors you can't control and focus on maximizing your performance and damage output in games. If you lose, its your fault.

Games might a bit more random, but generally if there are more bad players, you get better results, not worse. But especially at lower tiers where it's complete chaos it is even more important to watch mini map and not do anything "just because you always do that" > you might have to react a bit more than usual and change you plan depending on what teams are doing.  

Play for yourself rather than your other teammates. 

Don't:

• Take hits for teammates
  • Trade with the assumption of a pubbie following up
  • Make plays based around team cooperation 

You need to play extremely defensively and conserve your HP as best as you can. This doesn't mean redline like a pos and farm but play like you are out to win the game singlehandedly in a sense. 

From glancing at XVM each battle, the teams have been statistically worse the past few days. However, I don't feel that it's really affected me. The baddies should be on the other team as much as your own, and the opportunities to carry are much more abundant. You just have to be more reactive instead of relying on "normal" pubby behavior. 

Its not just a matter of being cautious though. I've seen whole sides of the map bizarrely abandoned in games today. You have to figure that out quickly and get your pubbies pushing before the other half of your team gets crushed. Otherwise, you'll be making a futile 15-6 last stand in the first few minutes.